Red Orchestra on Steam

lol, at first i saw the thumbs and was like OMG THATS THE BEST LOOKING MOD SCREENS IVE EVER SEEN. now i see its a game, and on the unreal engine?

unreal is an insane or unreal engine with its diversity in look, those screens, that tank, are just fat as hell.

I wonder how much it will be? sp mod i hope, after playing BIA I learned how incredible unreal games can still be after all these years.

If its cheap enough I'd get it if i an download and execute a version.

i have not try the mod in ut2k4 yet(reason: not a fan of ut games) but i can see by looking at the picture above this mod has great infantry gameplay and great vehicle combat

I like it, but I'm biased of course

I have been part of the team when winning the contest and have an idea what they have accomplished since then. The current team has control over the UT2004-engine now and it's simply astonishing what they have achieved with it. They have combined realistic features for infantry warfare which no other commercial game has been able to incorporate.
Iron sights, weapon resting (to diminish the sway), leaning from all positions, ballistics, etc etc etc.

Of course I'm biased :upstare: , but there is no commercial game at the moment which can stand in their shadow regarding infantry- and vehicle-based realistic warfare. The price will be relativly cheap so even if you don't know the game it's worth to try it out.

If you want immersion and difficult harsh infantry warfare: this is your game.
If you want to run and gun like dod and bf2: don't buy it.

Monk.

The thing is. From what you say it sounds like this is where DoD was going and then stopped halfway between realism and deathmatch. In the first version I ever played of DoD I was racking up insane amounts of kills because there was perfect aim and I just went round railgunning everyone with the German sniper. Now they've made DoD a bit more realistic but I'd prefer to have all or nothing, which is why -judging by what I've seen- I'd choose RO. What impresses me even more is that it sounds like a genuinely difficult game to pick up. It suits me because (A) I like a challenge and (B) it should keep the n00bs (note: not newbs) out and let me enjoy playing a game against an innately skilled community of good gamers. Or that's what I'd hope...

However I find this to be a highly unoriginal ww2 game that I won't be buying
Yes, because there are thousands of realistic Eastern Front games flooding the market. Right.

the point is that its been done to death.

go play with ur replica luger

Gusdor said:
the point is that its been done to death.

go play with ur replica luger
It's not been done to death, that's "the point."

Name another realistic first-person shooter set in WW2.

Some noobcakes see war + guns and typecast straight away.

StardogChampion said:
It's not been done to death, that's "the point."

Name another realistic first-person shooter set in WW2.

Some noobcakes see war + guns and typecast straight away.

I'm not sure he understands things besides the theme can be changed in a FPS.

This should be quite different from the mod version and it's great to see it released over steam.
I played the mod version a little which was done really well, and from the screenies they've put in a whole lot more again, might get this too :)
Plus I'm quite a fan of iron sights :p Also I've always like the fact that they've gone for the eastern front campaing rather than the now worn US/UK vs. Ger scenario.

I love the way Steam is evolving. I hope this trend keeps getting bigger for Steam and that Valve may keep able to provide the content fast for everyone :)

hey Sulky, who the hell is Dawn French and why the orange chocolate? why not cheese? :p :LOL:
anyway i heard so much about this mod for UT but i don't have UT and don't plan to get it now...so naturally this is a welcome addition to Source :thumbs:

good lord i need to go buy the new unreal game, 2k4 or whatever, play this mod

im not sure if i get it or not but if they got a demo (standalone one) not a demo in ut2k4, i might consider buying it

Dr. Freeman said:
hey Sulky, who the hell is Dawn French and why the orange chocolate? why not cheese?

She does the Terry's Chocolate Orange adverts over here, in which she stuffs great quantities of confectionary into her bloated horrible maw while screeching 'it's not Terry's, it's mine!'

Back