fix!! loading screen lock and memeory failier

ben5015se

Reaction score
hi,
ok i have tried to fix this so many times and i searched online for this :sleep: 2 days of searching and i found it any way eher it is
:imu:
:eek:

Here is the fix:

First location:

Right click your Half Life 2 icon on your desktop (the one you would normally double-click to launch the game). Then click Properties. Click the Shortcut Tab. In the line labeled Target, you will see something like this, depending on where you put the program when you installed it:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 22

Copy and paste the following AFTER the above line:

+mat_forcehardwaresync 0 +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1

Be sure there is a space between -applaunch 22 and +mat

Click save and you are ready to go.

Second location:

From the Steam Play Games Menu, right click on Half Life 2. Choose Properties, then click Launch Options. Paste the following in the box.

+mat_forcehardwaresync 0 +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1

Click Ok and you are ready to go.

Do the same fix for Half Life 2 Deathmatch and Counter Strike Source.

Offline and Online Mulitplayer modes will should all work now.
ok i found out it doesnt work for counterstrike source or half-life 2: deathmatch. that gets real agrivating becouse i want to play counter strike well any way have fun with half-life (be glad u didnt wast $54 thank god)

my mistake it does work for cs:s but i cant seem to get it to work for hl2 deathmatch....ill look into it more, o and also it will help if it keeps crashing and locking the screen to make it in windowed mode

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for this tip. I'd tried lots of stuff to get the game to work and this is the one that did it. Valve should thank their lucky stars that they have a such a supportive community that can pick up the slack for them when they screw up.

lol your welcome no problem...lol vavle does have problems hat they dont fix in patchs some times :angry:
any way now i need help with team fortress for steam it keeps crashing.
by the way i wanna hear if any one is still having problems with half-life deathmatch counter strike:source or half-life 2, becouse i wanna see what i can do for you

yea i just dont like when people wast money.......i finished half-life the day i posted this topic....lol....the ending was....kind dumb. i didnt really like it... did u know www.half-life3.com is there already but it redircets you to the hl2 site

the windowed mode is only if it freezes. or sometimes if u minize it when it is full screen when u clcik on it in the task bar the screen turns black. thats why i said windowed mode but if you dont get that problem then you dont need to change it. good luck

o yea... and people could u please try and keep this topic in the first page like post stuff about this in here so people that have this problem can see it, thanks :-D

can i just point out that +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1 was an official fix and was posted on www.steampowered.com, the official help site. it didn't make a lot of difference to a lot of people, and i get a message in the console saying there is no such command, so presumably it was removed in a later update.

+mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 1 was also an official fix, the reason people are using +mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 0 is because otherwise it causes a serious framerate drop i.e. with it set to 0 you are NOT using the official fix, but it didn't seem to fix much anyway.

so it seems +mat_forcehardwaresync 0 is what's making the difference here: try removing +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1 and i bet you don't see any difference. but i could be wrong, i have no way of testing it since my stuttering seems to have gone anyway with the latest updates no matter what i do

the biggest difference for me when i did have the stutter was to disable autosave:

type sv_autosave 0 in the console to disable autosaving at the start of levels and mark all the autosave files read only to disable autosave at trigger points. goes without saying that you'll have to be careful to save manually often!

also, you don't need to alter both the shortcut and the launch options as described here: if you put them only in launch options they will apply whether you launch via steam or via the shortcut; if you put them in the shortcut they will only apply if you launch via the shortcut

if you have any further questions please refer to this guide

thank you very much, i'm here all week, please try the veal. :p

I have had similar problems with HL2 freezing on load screen and have been searching all the forums to try and find the solution. Checked one tonight that said to roll back the video driver - AND - (this is what seemed to work for me) that some video Codecs are conflicting with the video codecs used by the game. I removed Divx5 and Xvid codecs and have had the game running for the last 6 hours with no crashes at all.

I am running on a relatively old system ie.
Athlon 1.4 - not overclocked.
512K ddr ram
Geforce Ti 4200 with only 64meg ram.
Windows XP.

Good Luck

i like your style, i had very few stutter problems to begin with, they went away with the official fixes and i've never installed any extra codecs, and my system's not much better than yours. i recall someone posting the name of a program that can help you manage your codecs in this forum, i suggest anyone having these problems do a search, it's out there somewhere

ok....? u dont need them in both steam and the shortcut, those are 2 options you have.

and also i have found out installing windows doesnt fix the problem either :p

Everyone Should Try it

meganox said:
can i just point out that +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1 was an official fix and was posted on www.steampowered.com, the official help site. it didn't make a lot of difference to a lot of people, and i get a message in the console saying there is no such command, so presumably it was removed in a later update.

+mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 1 was also an official fix, the reason people are using +mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 0 is because otherwise it causes a serious framerate drop i.e. with it set to 0 you are NOT using the official fix, but it didn't seem to fix much anyway.

so it seems +mat_forcehardwaresync 0 is what's making the difference here: try removing +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1 and i bet you don't see any difference. but i could be wrong, i have no way of testing it since my stuttering seems to have gone anyway with the latest updates no matter what i do

the biggest difference for me when i did have the stutter was to disable autosave:

type sv_autosave 0 in the console to disable autosaving at the start of levels and mark all the autosave files read only to disable autosave at trigger points. goes without saying that you'll have to be careful to save manually often!

also, you don't need to alter both the shortcut and the launch options as described here: if you put them only in launch options they will apply whether you launch via steam or via the shortcut; if you put them in the shortcut they will only apply if you launch via the shortcut

if you have any further questions please refer to this guide

thank you very much, i'm here all week, please try the veal. :p

Holy crap.

I saw that you said that it was some fix but that it droped the framerate alot...

I decided to see If I even needed the fix, since I can always use some framerates...

Anyway I typed it in

now.
I can run all high settings with like 50 frames per second.

Before.
I could only turn high rez textures, the rest I had to leave on the lowest setting!

I would say Everyone should try it

+mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 0

If it your game won't work with it, then erase it.
HELL YEA
thanks =D

ben5015se said:
if you still get the error then it's the memory you have....

I've bought new memory and it still does the same error at start up. This really gets me down. :(

i think it has to do with the grafics card becouse i have sis intigrated grafics and it wont work without that fix

5hfifty five telle me what other aplications were open at that time

Back