Flying headcrabs!

BWMASTER

Reaction score
LOL, I can't beleive I missed this when I read the GameSpy preview of HL2.

" The second area we went through showed off a few other new enemies, starting with a "turret class" camera bot, a flying headcrab and an assassin reminiscent of the female ninjas from Half-Life. We also got to look at some of the City 17 personnel, referred to as Combine soldiers, as well as the mech-like suits that some of them wear. "

Taken from here:http://www.gamespy.com/previews/may03/halflife2pc/index3.shtml

You could say that they maybe mistaken those for the flying man hacks but I beleive they know a headcrab when they see one.

I can imagine it now, with wings? LOL

This is old news I believe. A long time ago they stated there woudl be 3 different headcrabs. Normal, Beefy, and Flying!

hehehe a flying headcrab with angel wings, making stupid wing flapping noises and flying around like a crazy pigeon scattering feathers and obscuring the players vision

Also now the plus version, that shoots ink at the player when scared!

no this is beyond those 3 types.

read above in the preview, he already states the 3 types of headcrabs and below says these are the new enemies....:)

Just what we need: MORE headcrabs. Plus man hacks. Plus turret drones. I hope they don't overuse these "annoyance" enemies.

It's possible they confused it for an ant lion (which can cly, BTW) or more probably the manhacks.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
It's possible they confused it for an ant lion (which can cly, BTW) or more probably the manhacks.

You dont confuse headcrabs I mean really. A man hack with spinning blade and metalic appearance doesnent even resemble a headcrab...

hahaha omg a flying headcrab would be the funniest looking thing ever.

of course, the gamespy article also said that the strider was an oversized headcrab with long legs...so be wary

Headcrabs have always scared the crap about of me. Now we have flying headcrabs...

Headcrabs have always scared the crap about of me. Now we have flying headcrabs...
aye! fucking scary as shit!

imagine yourself in an almost pitch black, silent room and the flying headcrab thingy zooms right past you and as you turn around, another one hits you on the back. You now go crazy as you spray your smg all over the room until its totally silent again.

I dunno I always imagined an ideal headcrab as a big lumbering turkey. I'm not sure how they could make it fly..

Oh Jesus, the normal headcrabs are already a bitch but a flying one would just be plain terrifying.

Woah, afterreading that article, my enthusiasm for HL2 went up like 500%. It kinda reminded me what we're waiting for: the best gaming experience in the history of mankind :)

a flying HEAD CRAP! man that is just scary.

well you know the zombies have headcrabs on them...well what if it has a flying head crab on it! LOL a flaying zombie! cool

whoops! LOL LOL sorry CRAB! and i said "flaying" lol FLYING sorry. typing fast again :S

Originally posted by BWMASTER
Thats exactly what I said when I reread the article :)
Well I think I'll go to bed but tomorrow I'll read all the HL2 previews I can find.

i kinda wish i hadnt read that now...flying headcrabs would be a big surprise

i don't think it will make a difference, they will still scare the crap out of you

Back