For the people who wanted a true hl2 mp.

I believe in one interview i read or watched they said that later projects like hl3. They will experament with co-op and stuff.

Really dumb mistake here. Not smart at all on Valve's part.

Do you guys have any idea how fast mod makers are going to create a HL2 MP? Man they will be itching to be the first to release any form of one for the huge demand. They will the leet and stuff. I give it a month after release for a early beta...

Do you guys have any idea how fast mod makers are going to create a HL2 MP? Man they will be itching to be the first to release any form of one for the huge demand. They will the leet and stuff. I give it a month after release for a early beta...
They won't be out very fast if they have to code the prediction model for the gravity gun.

babywax said:
They won't be out very fast if they have to code the prediction model for the gravity gun.
Yep, aswell as creating all the models or editing them correctly to work right in MP, then making all the maps required to play properly.

It's a lot of work even for something that sounds simple enough.

As I have said before HL1 DM was written for 1998 gameplay and optimized for Dialup. The last time it had a texture update was nearly 4 years ago. I ran a DM server called Thunderdome from 4/2000 - 7 2002
A new face on HL DM it would make it very different and more enjoyable.

The problem with mods, if there are 7 or more DM mods then there will be that many camps of community map makers all splitting up resouces and none will fly as an official HL2 DM would. More community resources would be behind an official DM would make all the difference in the world.

People arent bitching because there is CS:S. People are bitching because DM would have been easy to do and Valve didn't do it. CS players can rejoice because they have a new game (laugh), but for those of us who enjoy DM, there is no option to play it

The haves don't understand the have-nots.

It just would have been a nice thing to have already. Even if it's not as popular as CS. Besides, CS is not that much different than DM. Kill people, Score points, right? The variations on that theme aren't much different than the variations of a good DM map. Kill people, score points.

imo they have a non ctf or dm mode in production. there has still been loopholes in the info from valve for this possibility, we know that no CTF or DM modes are in production. but stuff from the info from valve thread like ted backmans corpse, and half life 2's multiplayer maps being much larger, dosent make sense in the context of CS:S and DOD:S. surely the maps are still counted as the same size?
valve are too switched on to avoid all of the possibilities of a pure hl2 multiplayer

the original HLDM felt a little tacked on even if the weapons were balanced and allowed intreesting tactics. TFC felt like valve's true hl multiplayer attempt (and that wasnt released untill well after hl came out - maybe the same tactic with hl2MP?)

hl2 / TF:2 gonna revolutionise fps anyways ::)

Back