for you who want Adrian or 7-hour war. (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true, but that's because, being a lawyer, I love to argue a point.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
It's true, but that's because, being a lawyer, I love to argue a point.

-Angry Lawyer
I thought you were an accountant or something.

As long as there are no trips to Xen i'm happy. The environment was very badly done in Half Life.

RecklessSneak said:
As long as there are no trips to Xen i'm happy. The environment was very badly done in Half Life.

Doesn't mean they can't be improved.

I really liked Xen, I thought it was suitably spooky and v atmospheric... what would you have done differently, Reckless?

pomegranate said:
I really liked Xen, I thought it was suitably spooky and v atmospheric... what would you have done differently, Reckless?

I thought the art design was terrific, it is just the jumping sections were badly executed - which is the common argument and is what I believe Reckless is referring too.

I don't think I've ever seen a worse reason to resurrect a dormant thread.
Go to planethalflife.com and do some background reading into Half-Life. Better yet, play Half-Life and its wonderful expansion packs.

Salad22 said:
who da **** is adrian??? :dozey:

the hero of Opposing Force.
now don't ask what Opposing Force is...it will make the baby jesus cry :|

Dr. Freeman said:
the hero of Opposing Force.
now don't ask what Opposing Force is...it will make the baby jesus cry :|

nah don't worry I know what Opposing Force is. It's just that I never have play it.

pomegranate said:
You don't come here very often, do you?

I come here everyday. And as the days go buy I realise that on this website we have less and less to talk about.......... until Aftermath......

Well a 7-hour war would work, onlyas an EP... And still it'd be a bit stupid playing just to lose in the end. How fun it is to wipe out APCs, helicopters and striders just to know all your efforts led to loss?

Now for Adrian... I don't know, he really doesn't quite fit in the story. I always thought Op4 was mainly there to introduce the friendly grunts and BMRF's future (...nuked). I never even thought that there's such a fuss online that Adrian fits as a hero in Half-Life's storyline.

The only place and time he'd fit in would be the 7-hour war, used by G-Man to do a task, to convince G-Man's employers that Adrian might serve them well, but when Shepherd screws up, G-Man is authorised to... erase Adrian. Or, for those who wish a happy ending, he does his task and put into stasis yet again. Really, Adrian can't participate in Half-Life 2's timeline, because he simply wouldn't fit in the story unless it'd be modified, or with gay elements added.

I'd think it would be kool if there was a link between Adrian and Gordon, like some twist or somethin

iMMuNiTy said:
Well a 7-hour war would work, onlyas an EP... And still it'd be a bit stupid playing just to lose in the end. How fun it is to wipe out APCs, helicopters and striders just to know all your efforts led to loss?

I actually think that's what makes it interesting.

It's not like anti-climaxes would be a first for the series. You eventually attempt to save the world at the end of HL1 only to have the Combine invade and nearly whipe out humanity.

Absinthe said:
I actually think that's what makes it interesting.

It's not like anti-climaxes would be a first for the series. You eventually attempt to save the world at the end of HL1 only to have the Combine invade and nearly whipe out humanity.
Unless we'd play as Adrian, or one of the rebel/army guys. Just to show to what led Gordon's actions in HL1. The first shelling, and all hell breaks lose, headcrab pods rain down from the sky, striders close in on you... And you have a choice. Battle to death, trying to fight them all off, or retreat. VALVe, if they are to create such an EP, must make it look like humanity has no chance of winning. Otherwise, a one army man who takes down half of Combine's synths, and yet the humanity loses in 7 hours? Now Adrian, with the slight help of G-Man, now that's a questionable thing. :)

I'm not a big fan of Adrian, to be honest, I didn't even play Opposing Force; I've read its storyline on the internet. He really doesn't fit into Half-Life 2's storyline. Not to mention that VALVe became cocky somewhat. They announced freely, that all EPs will be made by them, and they also stated that no EPs which will feature a view from another person will be made. Add that up and you get no Adrian, and no 7 hour war, unless Gordon travels to the past, to 7 hour war, to stop the Combine from invading. Ewww.

iMMuNiTy said:
Unless we'd play as Adrian, or one of the rebel/army guys. Just to show to what led Gordon's actions in HL1. The first shelling, and all hell breaks lose, headcrab pods rain down from the sky, striders close in on you... And you have a choice. Battle to death, trying to fight them all off, or retreat. VALVe, if they are to create such an EP, must make it look like humanity has no chance of winning. Otherwise, a one army man who takes down half of Combine's synths, and yet the humanity loses in 7 hours? Now Adrian, with the slight help of G-Man, now that's a questionable thing. :)

I'm not a big fan of Adrian, to be honest, I didn't even play Opposing Force; I've read its storyline on the internet. He really doesn't fit into Half-Life 2's storyline. Not to mention that VALVe became cocky somewhat. They announced freely, that all EPs will be made by them, and they also stated that no EPs which will feature a view from another person will be made. Add that up and you get no Adrian, and no 7 hour war, unless Gordon travels to the past, to 7 hour war, to stop the Combine from invading. Ewww.

I don't see how thats cocky, and no, they didn't say it would be viewed from all new perspectives they just said they would be doing them themselves. Which is perfectly reasonable. And yeah, actually, there most likley will be a 7-hour war game. Marc Laidlaw said in a recent interview in PC GAMER that the reason they didn't show things in HL2 such as the 7-hour war, is because its possible that a few years down the line they'll be able to put you through that experience...why show the 7-hour war when you could play it. Hinting at a 7-Hour war. And you don't need Adrian to be in it either.

They said nothing about what perspective they'd be veiwed from and what scenario's they would include. Fals information spreader Immunity :p

Samon said:
I don't see how thats cocky, and no, they didn't say it would be viewed from all new perspectives they just said they would be doing them themselves. Which is perfectly reasonable. And yeah, actually, there most likley will be a 7-hour war game. Marc Laidlaw said in a recent interview in PC GAMER that the reason they didn't show things in HL2 such as the 7-hour war, is because its possible that a few years down the line they'll be able to put you through that experience...why show the 7-hour war when you could play it. Hinting at a 7-Hour war. And you don't need Adrian to be in it either.

They said nothing about what perspective they'd be veiwed from and what scenario's they would include. Fals information spreader Immunity :p
VALVe is cocky, because they don't share much info. And they have stated that they'll make all EPs now in-house at VALVe, I don't see why wouldn't they let others create expansion packs, as well. We'd have twice as much EPs. They want everything for themselves! ;)

It was mentioned in other forums, I can't quite rmemeber in which because it was in last year's December, that VALVe will only feature EPs in which you're Gordon. Then a rumour of playing as Alyx has dispersed that, so it's really old news, nothing surprising that things changed. I don't check VALVe's news everyday :)

And I didn't said you had to be Adrian in the 7-hour war. However it'd satisfy the majority of players, since it wouldn't be all that bad to play as Adrian to those who rant about him not fitting in, and satisfy those who want him in the game. I, for example, would preffer to play simply as a citizen who now arms himself to survive, or an army guy. However I wouldn't b!tch about if I'd play as Adrian. IF there'll be such an EP, which I seriously doubt. Unless VALVe lacks on storylines for future EPs, which is unlikely.

iMMuNiTy said:
VALVe is cocky, because they don't share much info. And they have stated that they'll make all EPs now in-house at VALVe, I don't see why wouldn't they let others create expansion packs, as well. We'd have twice as much EPs. They want everything for themselves! ;)

That isn't being cocky, thats being smart :p . And yes, that is what I said, I told you Valve would be making them in-house. I didn't say otherwise :p

They don't want everything for themselves, its their game, their property and they want to tell the stories how they see it. It is ultimatley the best way to do it.

iMMuNiTy said:
It was mentioned in other forums, I can't quite rmemeber in which because it was in last year's December, that VALVe will only feature EPs in which you're Gordon. Then a rumour of playing as Alyx has dispersed that, so it's really old news, nothing surprising that things changed. I don't check VALVe's news everyday :)

Moral of the story, don't listen to random forum postson forums you don't know.

iMMuNiTy said:
And I didn't said you had to be Adrian in the 7-hour war. However it'd satisfy the majority of players, since it wouldn't be all that bad to play as Adrian to those who rant about him not fitting in, and satisfy those who want him in the game. I, for example, would preffer to play simply as a citizen who now arms himself to survive, or an army guy. However I wouldn't b!tch about if I'd play as Adrian. IF there'll be such an EP, which I seriously doubt. Unless VALVe lacks on storylines for future EPs, which is unlikely.

I have absolutle confidence we will be getting a game based on the 7-hour war. It would satisfy a number of players who need gaps filling in, it would fill in some more gaps and show people how the combine came to Earth and all in all it would be absolutley awesome. Not only that, Marc Laidlaw hinted at it.

There is alot Valve wish to tell, and that I believe is one of them.

To avoid the results which are displayed in your sig, I'd better keep quiet. Though I could continue flaming. :p

Because I'm right and your wrong, I'm big your small and theres nothing you can do about it. :flame:

:bounce:

Samon said:
Because I'm right and your wrong, I'm big your small and theres nothing you can do about it. :flame:

:bounce:
You're right about the big-small bit. Everything else... Is bullsh!t. :p

P.S. Don't take this seriously...

Samon said:
:LOL:

I don't take anything on this forum seriously :LOL:
Some do. Have to keep my back safe! I see you.... And you! -> :imu:

Okay, now let's quit chatting, shall we?

Wow.... This is a big, old thread....

However, I never posted back when it was alive, but...

If you need a real reason for why gman would send Adrian in would be to protect Breen. How else would Breen have survived?

Either you are sent in not knowing why, just that gman put you there, and then you kill a combine synth or whatever that turns out would've killed Breen w/o you; or g-man sends you in knowing that you must defend Breen...

I think that that would be a worthy cause to send Adrian in... I mean... Adrian's whole existance in the original HL was to terminate Gordon, along with the rest of the soldiers (from what I understand), so it's not really like he should be helping out the resistance or Gordon...

What are you on about? Save Breen? Eh? You mean Breen surviving Black Mesa? He probably escaped just before the resonance cascade.

Why shouldn't he help the resistance, just because he was doing his job in Opposing force, doesn't mean he is a bad person.

And don't. Go. Bumping. Threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back