Fortress Forever: An Update

A

Azlan

One of the cool things about Fortress Forever is that they only release updates when they have legitimate media. Although this causes media update's to be infrequent, it ensures that they always remain packed with mostly finished products.
[br]</br>Although they aren't telling anyone when they plan to release Fortress Forever, it's pretty evident that based on the last few updates that it's going to be pretty soon. If you are just discovering Fortress Forever for the first time, just know that they are a home grown development team of Team Fortress Classic veterans who have banded together in a very organized and professional manner to put together the next stage in Team Fortress gaming.
[br]</br>There is more media over at their site, which you can reach from clicking HERE.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif

well looks a bit different from the tfc version, everything else looks spanktastic.

It was really a ridiculous comment. Not to take anything away from the FF guys - they're doing awesome work - but what do Valve have to "watch and learn" about from this?

They need to learn how to make ridiculously stupid newsposts like us. Nobody is trippin' like jesse.

Ralax Pi. Valve is awesome. We wouldn't be here if they weren't.

I still stand by the redicilous comment, though.

Just messin' with you pplz.:dozey:

((psst defrag. we need whacky smileys like that on the forum))

Awesome, I've been waiting for TFC on the Source engine. n_n

Oh and, hilarious news post FF guys. :p

I can't wait!!!!11 Wow this mod is gonna be the greatest! My only suggestion is to make the medic seem a little bit more bloody and meaner. He's just too clean and white for my taste.

I was talking more about the level compared to the player not the sg.

I love that green water! Cant wait!

Not a fan of Team Fortress, but I'm certainly going to try this out anyway. Looks fantastic.

nutcrackr said:
they changed cz2 also, the capture points, also is the scale out of wack or something? http://www.fortress-forever.com/?a=media&id=ff_cz2_5
The guy looks tiny!
The scale is fine, don't worry. It's probably just because the canal water is transparent so it looks bigger (in cz2 for TFC the water is opaque). The sentry gun sizes are tweaked all the time because we obviously need a size progression from level 1 through 3, but this causes some hitbox issues at times (it used to be that when you upgrade a sentry and it gets bigger, you could get stuck in it, but we've fixed that now). If you look at the sentry gun page in the gallery you can see the complete sg family if interested.

Arrowhead said:
looks great! I just wish fortress forever wasn't taking forever... ;)

It'll be out long before TF2(if TF2 comes out at all). Looking good guys, can't wait to play it. Engineer was my favorite class.

Yeah this looks awesome! Mod looks so damn FUN I just wanna PLAY IT already. Hurry up! PLEASE!

I see that you have redesigned WELL... hmmmm....

meah, mod looks cool, but the mapping styyle looks like the old 1997-ish one...
Empty maps with no interesting detail or things....

Pi Mu Rho said:
It was really a ridiculous comment. Not to take anything away from the FF guys - they're doing awesome work - but what do Valve have to "watch and learn" about from this?

They need to watch learn how to release media for a game that's been in development for the last 5+ years, or some kind of information.

I can't wait either, but, well, I'm waiting...

TF(C) has always lacked "things", they're not really meant to be "realistic" enviroments full of clutter...

Pi Mu Rho said:

It is my humble opinion, that ametuer devs can learn from modders, and vice versa. Although I think what he said was supposed to be more funny :p than actuality.

When are we actually gonna see a version of this mod coming out? Pictures prove nothing, especially since the mod could eventually be canned.

Back