Fortress Forever Update

Myself or typically FriedBunny word the newsposts. Glad some people enjoy them :afro: No crack involved!

lePobz said:
QFT.

I steer clear from complex geometry because it screws with the compiler. Kudos to the FF mappers, they're seriously talented :thumbs:

func_details are your friend :)

r~ Defrag said:
func_details are your friend :)

func_detail ?! isnt he talking about not using to much brushes in hammer ? func_details are props, right ?

Dodo said:
func_detail ?! isnt he talking about not using to much brushes in hammer ? func_details are props, right ?
You can turn brushes into func_walls or func_doors or func_details in hammer, I guess func_detail just tells the compiler to expect complex brush geometry and to not screw it up.

I'll have a play with it later :)

func_detail brushes are treated as any other brush when it comes to collision detection / lighting and other properties. However, they are totally ignored by BSP when it comes to splitting leaves and visibility determination. If you want angled or complex geometry, it's usually a good idea to build the basics with world brushes, then add the detail using func_details.

Check out the glview tool in the SDK documentation if you're interested in this sort of stuff.

Func_details are nothing to do with prop_details. :)

Back