Forza Motorsport 2 - Watch This Space

lePobz

Tank
Reaction score
Turn10 have submitted a LOT of in-game screenshots etc. to major 360 game mags (they won't say which, but it'll be the official OXM) ...

They've also released a few wireframe renders of a few of the actual in-game cars, which you can see on their site.

Complete disclosure of Forza 2 is imminent, people! :D

I need to see in-game pictures of Forza 2! Really want to compare it to PGR3, which happens to be gorgeous. :D Love the fact that Bizzare Creations and MS are sharing with each other. Photo Mode & Forza TV FTW.

Below is a list of videos and demos that will be on show at the Leipzig Games Convention in Germany. A Forza2 demo in 5 days? :D

24th August 2006

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (video)
Forza Motorsport 2 (video)
Just Cause (demo)

25th August 2006-

F.E.A.R (video)
F.E.A.R (demo)
Test Drive Unlimited (demo)
Splinter Cell Double Agent (video)

26th August 2006-

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (demo)
Half- Life 2 (video)
Half- Life 2 Portal (video)
Team Fortress 2 (video)
Forza Motorsport 2 (demo)

Below is a list of videos and demos that will be on show at the Leipzig Games Convention in Germany. A Forza2 demo in 5 days? :D

I was going to post that, but it's just rumored.

Rumored but confirmed by Turn10 themselves. The demo will probably only be playable behind closed doors, but at least we'll get a video. The gaming magazines already have their screenshots and info, ready for the september issues. The facts are, that in 1-2 weeks time, we will know a LOT more about Forza 2. :thumbs:

Rumored but confirmed by Turn10 themselves. The demo will probably only be playable behind closed doors, but at least we'll get a video. The gaming magazines already have their screenshots and info, ready for the september issues. The facts are, that in 1-2 weeks time, we will know a LOT more about Forza 2. :thumbs:

Is Forza 2 actually going to make it this year? I don't see how it won't get delayed.

OK, something big is going to be released tomorrow. It's not screenshots, it's not another CG-rendered video - so it's either an in-game video, or a playable demo.

This is official, too :thumbs:

Excellent, excellent. It's about time they showed something of this beauty.

A demo would really surprise me. To me, it just seems far too early for that. So I'm hoping for the next best thing that I can think of; gameplay footage, and lots of it.

forza22.jpg

www.pr51.net/pobz/forza2/

If that's CG like they say, what is the point in showing us all the mechanisims basically saying 'look this is whats going into the game play' when the proof of the pudding, and what people really want to know is what will it look and work like within the actual game engine. I'm talking about the sequence in Axyons link :p.

If that's CG like they say, what is the point in showing us all the mechanisims basically saying 'look this is whats going into the game play' when the proof of the pudding, and what people really want to know is what will it look and work like within the actual game engine. and I'm talking about the sequence in Axyons link :p.
These aren't the CG screens, these latest ones are the actual in-game engine. A lot of fans arent happy with them, and they are complaining on the official Turn10 forums.

Oh dear!

lol, well I guess that's what the developers get when you don't clarify what's CG and what's not with a fanbase these days.

I agree completely.

Forza 2 has 3 or 4 CG trailers made by people that have absolutely nothing to do with making Forza 2 - All they do is mislead the fanbase into thinking they're going to get something that looks that good - it simply sets them up for a disappointment.

I think other developers should learn lessons from Turn10s mistakes - although it is a pretty obvious mistake to make CG videos that look amazing, try to pass it off as a game, then release a game that just isnt anywhere near as good looking as the CG.

Well I just hope forza 2 is a good simulator, as forza 1 was. It has to be said though - Forza 1 looked absolutely astonishing on the original xbox, it squeezed every last ounce of power out of it. Forza 2 on the 360 looks less graphically intense than PGR3, a launch title!

It has to be said that these are early development screenshots though, and some are even speculating they aren't forza 2 at all (some elaborate hoax). I think this is just wishful thinking, though.

Why do I keep writing in lines?

Aslong as it does what they are saying it will.. to be an improved simulator physically and visually, I think people will be willing to put the misleading CG sprees behind them.

Well, the motion blur's throwing off a lot of detail. We really need some in-game videos to get a better picture.

Back