Forza Motorsport 3 coming October this year!

lePobz

Tank
Reaction score
Can't see any threads on this??

Anyone that has played/seen forza 1 or 2 on the xbox / 360 respectively should be rightfully excited by this one. Theres a gameplay trailer out from E3 that looks amazing, as do the in-game screenshots. Video here

FM3_E3_R8_10(2).jpg

FM3_E3_R8_2(2).jpg

Forza 2 beats GT5 prologue. GT5 will have to be so much better than prologue to keep up with Forza 3.

Either way, i'll be buying both :D

Looking good. It's nice to finally see a proper cockpit view, hopefully they do a decent job of implementing it. But I just want some proper AI for once - GT has the same problem. You just get a baggage train of brain-dead obstacles to drive around, meaning the career mode gets old real fast outside of customizing.

Oooh, this looks good.
I might pick it up.

This is the only 360 game series that I'm really going to miss. But if they don't bring it to the PC then **** off with it.

I need a new racing sim for my PC. Anyone know of any? I got GTR2 and RACE 07 already.

ya can't wait for this
finally they've added a cockpit view :)

This is the only 360 game series that I'm really going to miss. But if they don't bring it to the PC then **** off with it.

I need a new racing sim for my PC. Anyone know of any? I got GTR2 and RACE 07 already.

iRacing or Live For Speed.

If you can stand the graphics, Live For Speed will give you probably the most realistic sim for your dollar.

ya can't wait for this
finally they've added a cockpit view :)
oh, that's right, it didn't have the cockpit view before.

I thought they were great in DiRT, but the cockpit screenshot in Forza 3 looks completely sick.

iRacing or Live For Speed.

If you can stand the graphics, Live For Speed will give you probably the most realistic sim for your dollar.
I really enjoyed the demo of LFS, but yeah the graphics needed an overhaul last time I played.

iRacing sounds like the real deal. I checked out the website and it's definitely got credentials. Too bad there is no demo.

Shame though, I won't really be able to use an online racing sim, and I hate subscriptions anyway.

iRacing sounds like the real deal. I checked out the website and it's definitely got credentials. Too bad there is no demo.

I don't want to come off as high and mighty, but if you can't get over the graphics in LFS then maybe you don't want a simulation that badly. It really is worth it if you can overlook it's shortcomings. (Namely, graphics and low speed tire physics.)

I don't want to come off as high and mighty, but if you can't get over the graphics in LFS then maybe you don't want a simulation that badly. It really is worth it if you can overlook it's shortcomings. (Namely, graphics and low speed tire physics.)

dude wtf, I was agreeing with you.
If you can stand the graphics...
VirusType2 said:
I really enjoyed the demo of LFS, but yeah the graphics needed an overhaul last time I played.
what, do I have to do put REALLY enjoyed it in big letters?

How about the end part where I stated that I can't play an online game, and regardless, I hate subscriptions anyway.

VirusType2 said:
Shame though, I won't really be able to use an online racing sim, and I hate subscriptions anyway.
Note my disappointment when I said "Shame though". Does that sound like someone whos standards are too high to play it?

Total comprehension failure, bro. Stop posting under the influence or while retarded.

Awesome. I wish it would come out for the PC.

I was just recently thinking of Forza 2 and how I didn't play it enough, or at all in the past year.

dude wtf, I was agreeing with you.

what, do I have to do put REALLY enjoyed it in big letters?

How about the end part where I stated that I can't play an online game, and regardless, I hate subscriptions anyway.

Note my disappointment when I said "Shame though". Does that sound like someone whos standards are too high to play it?

Total comprehension failure, bro. Stop posting under the influence or while retarded.

O_O

Chill.

I was just saying that it's worth overlooking the graphics.

Woah check out those tires flexing. Sick. Too bad I sold my 360. This would be one of the only reasons to keep it... :/

Forza 2 beats GT5 prologue. GT5 will have to be so much better than prologue to keep up with Forza 3.

GT5P is basically a pay-to-play beta test, it's a little unfair to compare it to any finished game.

It's a little unfair for polyphony to charge us to play a beta, but hey. C'est la vie. I'm only going with what I know - Polyphony can feel free to give us something to base a fair judgement on...

... I'm still waiting ...

it's developer Turn 10's attempt to bridge the gap between racing sim and arcade racer without leaving anyone behind

this worries me a little
i hope they don't make it too arcadey just to make it "more accessible"
if it's too realistic for you, then gtfo

this worries me a little
i hope they don't make it too arcadey just to make it "more accessible"
if it's too realistic for you, then gtfo

While I no doubt prefer realism over arcade, their previous title (Forza 2) I think did a good job of catering to both crowds.

Why the **** is this going to only be 8 players?

Incredibly disappointing. Racing games are little fun with so few players.

Raz, you were asking about Racing games. Simbin made RACE 07 after they made GTR2.

RACE 07 is 'the official WTCC' game. (World Touring car championship).

It's got a slightly modified graphics engine from GTR2. I think you can have at least 30 or more cars, but I don't know about online. it's probably the same as GTR2 in that respect.

I didn't get a chance to play it very much because my video card was on it's way to the grave in the sky.

This means we'll be posting pics like we did last time? I see a new and improved Venom Shelby coming!

Forza 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. Few games have taken up so much of my time and given me so much enjoyment, so i am looking forward to this massively. I will however get GT5 as well. It's just a shame my Logitech G25 isn't compatible with the 360, because the microsoft wheel pales in comparison. Fanatec have now released their porsche turbo wheel for use with the 360, but that's another big chunk of money to spend on peripherals when i already have a G25.

:(

^Exactly why I wish they'd bring this to the PC. I'm looking for reasons to invest in a G25. I want to install it into an old Pole Position Arcade cabinet my brother is holding for me.
11812421527.gif
+
N-G25-1-640.jpg
- stand

I'd just have to modify the woodwork a little and put a nice monitor in there. Maybe paint the cabinet flat black.

The new dashboard view looks amazing in Forza3

Do many people still play Forza 2?

I stopped playing that when my cousin came over a couple years ago to work on our electricity. I have a problem where i get distracted long enough(as that was), I stop playing a game and I rarely ever touch it again.

Same thing happened with Team Fortress 2.

Back