Freeman - not much of a gentlemen

johnstone

Reaction score
I mean look at it.

The guy gets his big fancy suit and prances about killing everything in his path all the while feeling snug as a bug.

Then poor old Alyx who runs for her life in a pair of jeans and a hooded top and is constantly being killed and then brought back to life!!!

Now you would think that Gordon, an aging scientist with glasses and a beard, would hand over his Protective suit to a chick half his age who has the hots for him.

No wonder he doesn't get any action!

And would he fit into those jeans?

I thought you were going to mention how he always goes through doors first. I always stand back to let Alyx and the Vort through first like a true gentlemen but you apparently have to go through first. I feel like a chauvanist.

you are far too polite to see Gordan's incredible gentlemanly features. Go and depolite or ungentlemanize yourself a little, and you should see how caring he is.

I mean look at it.

The guy gets his big fancy suit and prances about killing everything in his path all the while feeling snug as a bug.

Then poor old Alyx who runs for her life in a pair of jeans and a hooded top and is constantly being killed and then brought back to life!!!

Now you would think that Gordon, an aging scientist with glasses and a beard, would hand over his Protective suit to a chick half his age who has the hots for him.

No wonder he doesn't get any action!

Get a life...

Well, Alyx never asks for it, so why should he give it to her?

Let's face it, Gordon is really pissed off about his life. A theoretical physicist forced to scramble all around, firing guns, killing, destroying (trying not to break his glasses in doing so).
He is an angry man. He doesn't speak because all he would like to say is: "f***k you all!"

Poor Gordon Freeman ;)

He is an angry man. He doesn't speak because all he would like to say is: "f***k you all!"

If Gordon was an NPC in the game I bet he would give Magnuson a run for his money LOL:p

Don't you love the influx of new users that occurs with each new HL release :)

Nothing wrong with new users as long as they actually make substantial contributions to the forums. I for one have been a fan of this series since the original came out nearly a decade ago.

Maybe Gordon doesn't do that because then he'd be naked (or at least in his undies) in front of a good looking girl which obviously wouldn't work for that long. And just imagine the faces when they'd arrive the rebel base eventually...

If the suit he picks up in HL1 is configured for his body size, chances are it still is in HL2. Methinks it wouldn't fit Alyx anyway.

Alyx's Black Mesa Hoodie is made of the same materials anyway.

Ohh....I must have missed it, but where in any of the Half-Life games does Alyx fight a dozen Striders?

Alyx DOES ask for the suit in Ep.1 in a way.

In Lowlife.

"Your lucky you got that suit. Got room for two in there?"

Somewhat related observation:

By the time you arrive in White Forest, Alyx has been wearing the same clothes for how long? Four or Five days now? With bloodstains (hers and the toxic blood of space aliens), mud, mechanical grime, and (after all that sewer-crawling and what have you) probably feces. Am I just a neat-freak, or did anyone else start expecting that Alyx was going to go change clothes at some point in White Forest?

Imagine the smells. Oh man. Does the HEV suit come with a gas-mask?

Just a correction - Gordon is about the same age she is, about 27 or so.

Besides the practical assumption that the HEV suit would not fit Alyx, how much of a "gentleman" Gordon is... is left entirely up to you.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I play I find myself being incredibly protective of Alyx BECAUSE I am better protected then her. If she gets hurt, it's a personal failure for me.

--

Btw Scotchy, I was completely expecting Alyx to make some kind of remark like "Man, I could really use a shower" once we got to the base. You were not the only one. :E

Besides the practical assumption that the HEV suit would not fit Alyx, how much of a "gentleman" Gordon is... is left entirely up to you.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I play I find myself being incredibly protective of Alyx BECAUSE I am better protected then her. If she gets hurt, it's a personal failure for me.
I agree completly!!

Dude... He busts his ass for her repeatedly.

To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of running her little errands.
Go save my father. Go save my father again. Go blow up a million striders. Go take on these 100 soldiers while I'm safe in this computer room. Let's go stop this catastrophic explosion... nag nag nag nag nag!

I better be getting laid after all this!

I feel that way about the rebels mainly because they die so easily. Alyx on the other hand seems to be tougher than I am I've seen grenades explode under her feet and while she can die when that happens to me I'm usually seeing the red screen!

Alyx on the other hand seems to be tougher than I am I've seen grenades explode under her feet and while she can die when that happens to me I'm usually seeing the red screen!

LOL, I know what you mean. I find myself thinking: "Woman... are those Levi's made out of Kevlar?" :E

Don't you love the influx of new users that occurs with each new HL release :)

Hell yeah I do.

And who are you to say Gordon doesn't have manners? He's almost a ****ing mute and has a crowbar, AR2, SMG, RPG and much more stuffed GOD KNOW'S WHERE.

Oh, and somehow, Gordon survives no matter how many guns to the head he's taken, all those broken bones, the only god damned thing holding him together is that suit.

u do know g-man kept gordon from aging after half life 1 so hes still 27 in hl2 when he meets alyx, which means him and alyx are only a few years apart (someone doesn't know the storyline :p).

<3 Irksome he knows

Ok concerning the HEV suit issue... Gordon doesnt give it to Alex because he needs it and Alex is happy to send him off to the radioactive areas..

Now Alex's clothes... Disgusting... Anyways We know that the begining of Ep 3 migt pick up at the WF base. Maybe Gordon will be sitting around with Kliner and Douche Bag (Mag) waiting for Alex to get over her dads death and change into winter Garb for the Borelaus trip.

So im sayn alex will most likely have fresh attire for Ep3 (By some means)

I was thinking some thing similar. Alyx has gotten pretty messy and is wearing the same clothes she was wearing the day you met her... it would be reasonable to see her in a new outfit.

Perhaps she'll spend some time in the infirmary before she leaves, get her wounds dressed, get cleaned up, compose herself and either catch up with Gordon later in the episode or give him time for a side mission before they go.

Back