Friendly turrets

Q

qckbeam

This morning I made a mini-mod that gives the player the ability to spawn friendly combine turrets via a simple console command wherever they like. It also adds the physgun to the game.
It's pretty fun to spawn a few turrets, weld them to your jeep, and drive about the coast, or spawn them in Ravenholm ;)

Anyways, the instructions for using both are as follows

Spawn friendly turret: npc_create npc_turret_floor_friend
Get physgun: give weapon_physgun

Any problems or bugs just let me know. Have fun! :)

Download Link

Does your physgun have all the features that jbs mod has?

azz0r said:
Does your physgun have all the features that jbs mod has?

It's just the normal physgun, although I upped the ammo count (I know his did as well). If there is any particular feature, or anything you could suggest bringing over I'd be happy to do it. It serves it's purpose as far as welding turrets to vehicles goes though, and it works just fine.

Beam... most of us are dying for lack of code. Can you please post what you did(for the physgun, of course)?

**Does the MAX_PELLETS const = max ammo?

nbk said:
Beam... most of us are dying for lack of code. Can you please post what you did(for the physgun, of course)?

**Does the MAX_PELLETS const = max ammo?

Adding in the physgun is pretty simple once you find the proper files for it :)

Make sure you're working in the Game_SDK.sln

1) Add physgun.cpp to your hl project (hl in the solution explorer).

2) Search for the file c_weapon_gravitygun.cpp and add that file to your client project (client in the solution explorer).

That's it. You've added the physgun. If you want to change the max number of ammo, just change this line
Code:
#define MAX_PELLETS	16

to

Code:
#define MAX_PELLETS	512

You can replace 512 with what you like of course.

Now you've got the working gun in game, so tinker and have fun :)

He set it so pressing use on blobs removes them and he also added the picking up alive and dead humans (ripped from the super physgun)

Does the mousewheel move objects closer and farther away, like the physgun from the beta? That's a feature I'd like.

azz0r said:
He set it so pressing use on blobs removes them and he also added the picking up alive and dead humans (ripped from the super physgun)

I'll begin working them in right now.

test said:
Does the mousewheel move objects closer and farther away, like the physgun from the beta? That's a feature I'd like.

It does yes

Thank you for the reply, qckbeam. Second, how did you go about creating the the friendly turrets? I did not find a variable for friendly/non-friendly, but I did, however, see the function IRelationType(). Thanks for any help(And I am happy you helped me the first time. If you have a lack of time, don't post, or just don't post in much detail. You learn better when you do things yourself :D)

nbk said:
Thank you for the reply, qckbeam. Second, how did you go about creating the the friendly turrets? I did not find a variable for friendly/non-friendly, but I did, however, see the function IRelationType(). Thanks for any help(And I am happy you helped me the first time. If you have a lack of time, don't post, or just don't post in much detail. You learn better when you do things yourself :D)

No problem, I love to help. Explained the turret modification in your turret thread :)

Could someone tell me specifically which files to extract if I only want to spawn the turrets? It took me forever to get JBMod to work, so I'd rather not mess with the physcannon stuff again just yet. Thanks

I think it's being updated.
Or something.
You can sen it to fileplanet or preferably filefront and they'll put it on their site.

AHhh! someone fix the link i must have t3h turrets!!!!

Also, deos anyone know the fix for the error 'no phys_gun entity' for the jbmod? it really pisses me off.

Qck, don't know if you took the link down for when you'll post the update... just a lot of ppl (well... me :)) want this mod. If anybody has another link to it, that'd be great.

Back