funny how HL2 is....

G

NOT even promoted on sierra's main home page, being that the game is only days away from being released. Instead they have condition zero which is pretty old now.

http://www.sierra.com

Originally posted by verse
NOT even promoted on sierra's main home page, being that the game is only days away from being released. Instead they have condition zero which is pretty old now.

Half-Life 2 doesn't need advertising...Valve knows word of mouth and subsequent press reviews will suffice...although it would be cool to see a television commercial for it.

Although it does piss me off that none of the big retailers (Gamestop, EB) have the game posted on their front page.

Something aint right people, this is not how you advertise a game.

My EBGames has those crazy boxes now, why would they need it.

hl1 was never advertised either. it's most played online game. any gamer with a heartbeat knows it's coming, why waste money on stuff you don't need?

besides, it's the lack of info which keeps the talk going.

Originally posted by nw909
My EBGames has those crazy boxes now, why would they need it.

They get em in recently? My local stores have had zip advertising for it

Originally posted by Homer
Yeah you can tell HL2's gonna be a real cult classic if they don't do something soon.

You're quite the pessimist, aren't you? PC games don't get much advertising anyway aside from a few internet ads.

This IS how you advertise THEE game.:cool:

I agree, something isn't right here. I'm pretty sure we aren't going to get any news today either. Somethings not right though. I would excpect them to be promoting the game by now. I mean according to Valve we have one week to go. Every game needs some advertising. Not everyone in the world knows about the first Half-Life and HL2.

the game is only days away from being released

WRONG!!!!!!

yeah, my EB has coarboard boxes of "what HL2 will supposedly look like" (as boxart) so i guess things are in the works?? i also dont think that they will release the going gold anouncement today, oh well, theres always tomorrow :(

Originally posted by qckbeam
I agree, something isn't right here. I'm pretty sure we aren't going to get any news today either. Somethings not right though. I would excpect them to be promoting the game by now. I mean according to Valve we have one week to go. Every game needs some advertising. Not everyone in the world knows about the first Half-Life and HL2.

If there's truth to what Fragmaster said regarding the leaked e-mail...then I suppose there's room for worry...cause apparently Lombardi told press magazines to push coverage back...which is maybe why we haven't seen any PC Gamer previews or CGW exclusives...me hopes this is no indication of delay though

They haven't advertised or talked about the game... and look what it's done. Most Half-Life fans are frothing at the mouth for any tidbit of information. I don't see how something is wrong.

Even if they're not doing it on purpose this is getting them tons of anticipation.

Condition Zero is on the front page because they want to sell as many copies as that as possible. If they let Hl2 dominate then Condition Zero will flop even more than a naked man on a cold day.

Yeah, I haven't heard alot about it in game stores. But remember how HL2 came to E3. Completely underwraps. And that was jst for a demo of the game. think about what measures they are going through to keep the release under wraps.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

They gotta say something FFS Im stressed! I cant take it anymore!! Good thing I dont have a gun or I wouldnt be talking right now!!! :sniper: :borg: :devil: :bonce: :frown: :(

Originally posted by nostgard
They haven't advertised or talked about the game... and look what it's done. Most Half-Life fans are frothing at the mouth for any tidbit of information. I don't see how something is wrong.

The advertising technique of not advertising...let's hope that's what we're witnessing and not an indication of delay

Originally posted by Marijn
hl1 was never advertised either. it's most played online game. any gamer with a heartbeat knows it's coming, why waste money on stuff you don't need?

besides, it's the lack of info which keeps the talk going.

Then why would they even bother to advertise Counter Strike: Condition Zero ? there are millions of counterstrike players, they sure as hell would be up to date on releases. Condition Zero project probably only took them months to finished, unlike HL2 which took nearly 5 years. If I spent 5 years on a game I sure as hell will promote it as much as possible atleast on my OWN homepage.

They gotta say something FFS Im stressed! I cant take it anymore!! Good thing I dont have a gun or I wouldnt be talking right now!!!

Case in point.

The advertising technique of not advertising...let's hope that's what we're witnessing and not an indication of delay

I'm with you there. :p

I think Valve went to Vivendi and told them "we'e done with the game" and they said "the hell you are!! get back to work!"

hahah i saw the video of CZ hahahahahaahahahahha oh yeay can't wait to play on hl1 6 year old engine.

thats just a whole lot of ugly with funny physics.

im so sure its vivendi universal not sierra whos publishing it...

TheRook

Re: Re: funny how HL2 is....

Originally posted by TheRook
im so sure its vivendi universal not sierra whos publishing it...

TheRook

That would explain why there is a VIVENDI UNIVERSAL logo on the bottom of the page.

Anyone send gabe an email to ask him WTF is going on at his fine establisment?

I admit, I'm getting pretty nervous. The closer we get to the 30th with no press release or any real information, the less likely it is that the game is on time. Only eight days though....perhaps they will pull the rabbit out of the hat after all.

And my hard drive crashed.

ima go to my ebgames and see whats going down tomorrow

Re: Re: Re: funny how HL2 is....

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
That would explain why there is a VIVENDI UNIVERSAL logo on the bottom of the page.

Vivendi Universal bought Sierra...so technically Sierra is still the publisher...but the larger corporation of VU distributes it more efficiently in a global market.

Originally posted by sayam

LOL please don't use any info you get there as an indication of when we'll see it on store shelves...and certainly don't post about it either...Abom will be on you quite fast.

Originally posted by sayam

Um what do you expect them to know exactly. I doubt Gabe talks to them personally before everyone else to make sure they are informed.
:sniper: :monkee:

someone email game and ask when the good or bad news is coming.

Originally posted by droper
someone email game and ask when the good or bad news is coming.

Wait until tommorow ffs, before you fling emails :p

Originally posted by crumbles
They won't have the foggiest.

Thanks for saying that before I did. When I went to Eb to put more money down on my copy, I asked about the release date. They said the 15th of November. I told the clerk that all official signs pointed to the 30th of September. He said the release date is always able to change meaning that EB Games has no official release date. He said they get their release date off of the company's website and often the company's don't upgrade their websites. So, again, we prove that EB is not a reliable source for release dates.

Whats the point in that? All (well, at least most) of us are gonna buy it anyways, commercials are there to get the mainstream zombies to buy it, and not alot of those ppl know HL2 are coming, and thats the ppl Valve wants to get, these are the people that only buy a few games a year. Its also the bigger portion of the market, right? Oh well I guess when HL2 hits the shops the resellers will make enough comercials in their magazines, also the computer magazines will definetly tell everyone how amazing it is, etc. so its not that important perhaps

Sry I am rambeling will go2 bed now cya.

Originally posted by qckbeam

im willing to bet that every1 knows about half life 2.

its everywhere.

christ even ppl who just wanna buy a video card are getting sucked into the Nvidia vs. ATI war and its all about witch playes HL2 the best.

shit even Microsoft used HL2 to show of DX9.

a lot more advertisement has gone into HL2 than you think and Valve havent had to spend a penny.

Back