Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by nietzsche
Nobody actually has to go the length and try to make somebody look bad on a public forum. You do it yourself. Your posts speak volumes. Just push the "Search" button under your posts and see for yourself.
thank you very much for the useless information that everyone knows about.

Amazing logic Dr.Sbaitso, then let all companies give away all their games for free, just for the heck of it, maybe after people will get copy of free game in mail, they will go out and buy the same product for money?

People who download games are not lazy, you actually have to put some work finding a game itself on internet, wait until it will be downloaded, make it work right. Much easier to get into car and drive to the store, get yourself a game, box + manual, and feel good about yourself, that you paid devs, who worked so hard, back.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow

I know for one thing that you are gonna be able to buy HL2 for just £25 in the UK. That is so cheap its unbelievable. Most games are twice that when released, and yet people are still gonna rip off VALVe.
Man... £25, thats really cheap...
thats ehm... 325 SEK.
i've preordered it for 468 SEK ;(
which is ehm... £36.
(And the circle is complete)
It is also 60 USD.
And 50 EURO.
And 78 CHF.
And 377 DKK.
And 414 NOK.
And 7000 JPY.
And I'm going to stop now. :cheese:

Edit: Corrected...

Mr.Reak acutally downloading a game is much easier then you think. Maybe you just dont understand that the hardcore pirater doesnt use the same tools as you would like KaZaa or MIRC. I know a few hardcore piraters and they are lazy, tehy get games in like 1 and a half hours. Burn it then play. and when did i say anything about them buring it to try it so they can buy it later, i am not that naive. Read my post again. But i totally agree with you that when i buy a game i do feel that really wierd good feeling after doing it.

henrik, its advertised for 49.99 EUR on the german Amazon site, which is fine. It would be cheaper, if the publisher would estimate the number of people actually buying it, to be much higher.

Originally posted by :>~
WHAT ABOUT NIS YOU COCK...HEN
hehe... find out for yourself!
whats NIS anyway?

Edit: Ohhh... Isreal.

henrik, its advertised for 49.99 EUR on the german Amazon site, which is fine. It would be cheaper, if the publisher would estimate the number of people actually buying it, to be much higher.
About the same as here then.
Those damn spoiled englishmen! :)

I'll import it anyway, in order to get a uncensored copy. Probably from the "isle of sheep". ;)

Originally Posted by Farrelesparrow:I know for one thing that you are gonna be able to buy HL2 for just £25 in the UK. That is so cheap its unbelievable. Most games are twice that when released, and yet people are still gonna rip off VALVe.

I'm not disagreeing with any of your post, just wondering, where do you see games going for 50 quid?? Normal range I see for PC games is 25-35 :thumbs:

"I only pay for games i have to pay for. Like HL1 and HL2 for the CD-KEY. Havent bought one game or gone to a movie or bought a DVD movie since i got my broadband.

its all out there..DVD-R, Games, appz...why pay? Well to be honest i dont like warez it will ruin the inustry one day."

----------------

Okay, pure example of a retard working his magic. Let's see... you won't pay for anything now (downloading movies, appz, games, etc.) but you don't LIKE it because it will hurt the industry one day. GOOD CALL!

The only game that I have ever pirated was GTA3, and then I bought it and Vice City later. Ive never pirated anything else except for games that you can't buy anymore. I simply ensure that the games I pay for are games that I know I will enjoy for a very long time, like HL2.

I want to get into the game development business someday so pirating games is simply not something that I will do. Developers work so hard to entertain us, and then many of us simply go out and not pay them back for their hard work. That just isn't right.

As we're on the topic... Is there anyone among the supercool warez dudes who actually makes a profit/living from pirated software, or do you just download stuff and keep it to yourself?

As we're on the topic... Is there anyone among the supercool warez dudes who actually makes a profit/living from pirated software, or do you just download stuff and keep it to yourself?

Not really. I used to have a friend who would download EVERYTHING then give out copies to everyone he knows for free. Also, he would burn it and always print out color covers for the case, then put it on his shelf never to be used again. Apparently he also suffered from OCD, which would explain some of this behavior.

what's obsessive compulsive disorder
i might have it then because i give away free cds at my school

My guess is that its when your compulsively obsessed over something

Originally posted by talleyban
"I only pay for games i have to pay for. Like HL1 and HL2 for the CD-KEY. Havent bought one game or gone to a movie or bought a DVD movie since i got my broadband.

its all out there..DVD-R, Games, appz...why pay? Well to be honest i dont like warez it will ruin the inustry one day."

----------------

Okay, pure example of a retard working his magic. Let's see... you won't pay for anything now (downloading movies, appz, games, etc.) but you don't LIKE it because it will hurt the industry one day. GOOD CALL!

well if i stop downloading..trust me i dont think all warez suddenly disapear! What i mean is that if all warez would be gone it would be fine by me..

And where i live its not illegal to download movies!

I pay for my games
I just dont buy crap.
easy way to save cash :)
although to be honest I had the original hl about 4 months before its official release.
I had finished it by the time I bought it... the reason I bought it (not knowing at the time, about mods etc) was because it honestly deserved my money.
and I havent downloaded anything since ;)

Originally posted by henrik
Man... £25, thats really cheap...
thats ehm... 325 SEK.
i've preordered it for 468 SEK ;(
which is ehm... £36.
(And the circle is complete)
It is also 60 USD.
And 50 EURO.
And 78 CHF.
And 377 DKK.
And 414 NOK.
And 7000 JPY.
And I'm going to stop now. :cheese:

Edit: Corrected...

£36

Thats what was being offered by GAME at first but they lowered the price to match what someone was offering on the internet and now its only going to cost 25, even if the price goes back up I'm still going to get it for 25 because Ive pre ordered it already. Which is nice.

I haven't bought a pc game in a little while either... But I'm preordering HL2 for sure.

Now in Hungary, the average cost of a PC game is 13 000 HUF (on the day/week/month of appearance), which is 59.5756 USD at the moment. So, its the double of the prices in the USA. That's why the last game I bought was Abe's Oddysee...

the reason prices are so high, besides importing things, is that the develpors are losing money do to hackers, and then they have to spend money on lisences for anti-hacking programs. thus rasing the price of games.

I think this just proves that people are much more inclined to cheer Valve on instead of ID. XD
Plus, people want the funds to be there for Valve to develop Half-Life 3...

I think the prices are worth it.. just think on how much fun you will have with a pc game.. compared to a DVD that is half the price

2/3 hours of DVD VS 48 hours of HL²

Evil, these are just two different kinds of entertainment. I got for myself extended edition of LotR: Fellowship of the Ring. I am glad that I did, and I think it’s worth my $30.

Anyway, this topic is sad, I would close it, if I only could.

Originally posted by henrik
hehe... find out for yourself!
whats NIS anyway?

Edit: Ohhh... Isreal.

About the same as here then.
Those damn spoiled englishmen! :)

Haha! Ever heard the term 'Rip-Off' Britain. That basically means everything here is about twice the price of things elsewhere in Europe. To be honest i don't have a problem with that though because it means that when i go to other countries i become a millionaire (Not literally) When living in en expensive country you become quite good at conserving your money, at least i have.

EDIT: Ive not really seen any games for £50 perhaps ona console but alot of new games cost about £35 - £40. Perhaps not so much over the past year or so because prices have fallen but still 25 is cheap.

Reality check time.

There are many reasons why buying a game is better than pirating it.

When you download a game, it is usually missing some features such as the music, speech, movies, hi-res textures, etc. The game is ripped to keep file size down for downloading, so you always have missing features that you would get from buying the game.

I admit that I warez a game once in a while but usually because I want to see if its any good (many games don't have an official demo and stores don't let you refund or exchange them).

Also, go to any warez site on the web and you will find that at least 95% of the links are broken so warezing games is very difficult and often a waste of time because the links are all bad. Also the games you find on Kazaa are usually corrupt and or non-functional anyway.

downloading warez on the internet sucks unless you know how good ftp server or IRC. its way easier to get warez by visiting lanparty's

I downlaod games sometimes. but if I have followed the progress of a game I will buy it.

so I will buy HL² and DOOM³

Originally posted by chili pepper
Reality check time.

There are many reasons why buying a game is better than pirating it.

When you download a game, it is usually missing some features such as the music, speech, movies, hi-res textures, etc. The game is ripped to keep file size down for downloading, so you always have missing features that you would get from buying the game.

Wrong again, seriousy havent you people heard of ISO's or CloneCD's?

chili pepper said that when you download it is USUALLY missing features. That is true, when I downloaded GTA3 it was missing all of the sound files that go along with the radio stations, and it couldn't load save games.

Well that is because you use KaZaa and mIRC to get stuff, when you get things off there it is missing shit usually. My friends it is called newsgroups

Originally posted by EVIL
I think the prices are worth it.. just think on how much fun you will have with a pc game.. compared to a DVD that is half the price

2/3 hours of DVD VS 48 hours of HL²

Try 4 years, ATLEAST :dork:

Yep, if you getting it from ftps in .bin or .iso format, you will get full version, only thing you will need is NOcd.

Originally posted by Dr.Sbaitso
Wrong again, seriousy havent you people heard of ISO's or CloneCD's?

STOP DREAMING!!!

You must be dreaming if you think it is easy to find current full version games to download for free. In fact it is nearly impossible. You'd be searching for weeks if not months to find good links.

Every warez site offers ISO downloads. But good luck in finding an ISO download that isn't nothing but a bunch of DEAD LINKS. Enter "warez games" into google you get hundreds of listings to ISO games and warez but the links are ALL DEAD.

It is extremely rare to find good links to games especially since the industry (Business Software Alliance) has been cracking down hard on pirate software sites in the past few years. There have been literally thousands of wArez sites that have been shut down in the past few years by the BSA. Many operators of warez sites have been prosecuted and fined by the BSA, if not sentenced to jail.

SO QUIT DREAMING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back