G-Man Appearances

omni said:
Here's the article from PC Zone:

Where's Wally?

Spotting the G-Man is a game in itself.

The G-Man is one of Half-Life's most perplexing mysteries. Who is he? What's in his briefcase? And why does he talk like Agent Smith from the Matrix? Frankly, your guess is as good as ours, but what we do know is that he moves around the Half-Life universe with remarkable ease, appearing like a phantom in the most unlikely of places. In the original Half-Life, he crops up on more than 50 seperate occasions (according to hardcore spotters), though if you're not looking, you might just as easily miss him.

In Half-Life 2, it's much, much, harder to spot the ambiguous bugger as he slides in and out of the game, but he's definitely still there. Keep your eyes open when you play the game and send your sightings (with screenshots if possible) to [email protected]. There'll be a fantastic prize for the top spotter (probably), but in the meantime, here's something to practice on...

(Picture of the fanboat cruising up to a dock with an attached barn, the G-Man stands beside the open doors.)

Half-Life was released before Matrix, so Agent Smith Talks like the G-man and it's not the G-man who talks like agent smith :p

Half-Life
Gordon passes a tram with the G-man in it. G is accompanied by a scientist.
A scientist argues with the G-man in the anomalous materials R&D area.
G-man watches Gordon fight houndeyes in Sector 2.
Beside Dr. Van Buren’s Diplomatic Relations office in the office complex, the G-man walks past a locked fire exit.
G-man walks overhead in Storage Area Red-2.
The G-man is in the Track Control booth in the old rail system. He watches Gordon avoid the garg.
In the Generator Room, G-man watches Gordon fight some bullsquid.
Past Supply Closet B-101, Gordon can see the G-man stepping into a teleportation portal in room B-103 of Lambda Reactor Core Level B.
...and the end of the game.

Opposing Force
Aidrian writes about seeing the G-man in his journal.
G-man watches Aidrian out through a window near the Boot Camp course while talking to a marine.
G-man orders a guard to lock a door and keep Aidrian out.
G-man unlocks the door in the high-voltage radioactive waste room.
G-man shuts the hangar door before Aidrian can reach the evac point.
When Aidrian is trapped in the first trash compactor of the pit worm's lair, G-man opens the door for him from the booth above.
In the Turbine Control booth beside the dam, The G-man stands talking on a cellular phone. Little balls of light are sucked into a portal behind him.
G-man re-arms the nuke after Aidrian disarms it.

Blue Shift & Decay.
He passes Barney on a tram, and he passes Gina and Colette in the elevator beside theirs.

Any I missed?

Mechagodzilla said:
Half-Life
Gordon passes a tram with the G-man in it. G is accompanied by a scientist.
A scientist argues with the G-man in the anomalous materials R&D area.
G-man watches Gordon fight houndeyes in Sector 2.
Beside Dr. Van Buren’s Diplomatic Relations office in the office complex, the G-man walks past a locked fire exit.
G-man walks overhead in Storage Area Red-2.
The G-man is in the Track Control booth in the old rail system. He watches Gordon avoid the garg.
In the Generator Room, G-man watches Gordon fight some bullsquid.
Past Supply Closet B-101, Gordon can see the G-man stepping into a teleportation portal in room B-103 of Lambda Reactor Core Level B.

Opposing Force
Aidrian writes about seeing the G-man in his journal.
G-man watches Aidrian out through a window near the Boot Camp course while talking to a marine.
G-man orders a guard to lock a door and keep Aidrian out.
G-man unlocks the door in the high-voltage radioactive waste room.
G-man shuts the hangar door before Aidrian can reach the evac point.
When Aidrian is trapped in the first trash compactor of the pit worm's lair, G-man opens the door for him from the booth above.
In the Turbine Control booth beside the dam, The G-man stands talking on a cellular phone. Little balls of light are sucked into a portal behind him.
G-man re-arms the nuke after Aidrian disarms it.

Blue Shift & Decay.
He passes Barney on a tram, and he passes Gina and Colette in the elevator beside theirs.

Any I missed?
The one in Uplink

I've only played Uplink, but I didn't finish it. I stopped soon after you have to duck in between lasers, these guys shoot you, you kill them, go further, then a guy and an automatic turret thing killed me.

Happy end.
I'll spot G-man once I play HL: Source.

Another one in office complex me thinks, near the part with the walk-in freezer room.

AJ Rimmer said:
Another one in office complex me thinks, near the part with the walk-in freezer room.

I think youre right mate. I seem to remember that one.

Hello BTW :cheese:

Desolator said:
hey, what happens if you shoot the Gman???
Kirkburn said:
Nothing. In HL he seemed to be made of metal
Actually, you're wrong. If you read this thread, you will see why. Btw, read my post at the bottom, username teh_nub or something like that.

Additionally, how about listing the sightings in Half-Life 2? After all this is www.halflife[b][u]2[/u][/b].com...
So far I've seen him three times:

• And finally, at the barn in the rebel base where you get to try out the rocket launcher for the first time
  • Near the lever to opening the dam you must jump through after shooting down that ****ing helicopter that chased you for hours
  • At the barn where he evidently is shot (see the thread i referred to)

Edit:
Errr... I kinda noticed now that this is the Half-Life: Source subcategory of the forum. Found the thread through google and was kinda lazy so... Sorry. Guess this link is kinda stupid then, huh?

At the start of the game in Kliener's lab on the security camera you can see the G-MAN near the gate at where you came out of.

Back