G-Man controlling

X

xerogeno

Ahem....let me explain. Does it seem to me that, yes, Mr. Freeman was indirectly or DIRECTLY involved in the events. But I think mostly everyone here beating on Freeman being a dope is looking at 1 tree and not the whole forest.

I for one...think that the Gman is controlling this whole thing. He somehow figured out how to manipulate and stop time....hmmm...sinister no? I mean.....Gman probably knew the outcome of the citadel going boom(or melting down or what not) and of what exactly WOULD happen. I mean....he put gordan in that train in the first place. Also....who knows what Gordan was doing in the 12 or so years judging that if u listen to alyx she was little during HL1. And judgin by how she looks which is around in her 20s or late LATE teens 19-20 it was around 12 years.

I think maybe this though. Lets look at this through Gordans point of view. What if to him he was only in this dimensional void at the end of the first game for a couple seconds. And all sudden hes in City 17, without any idea himself how much time had passed? So....either he had been doing things for the Gman for those 12 odd years in different dimensions(possibly either destroying or saving from combine) that view depends on what u think of the Gman, is he good or evil? I vouch for evil side. he dont look to nice. and besides, if he is controlling everything from the start he is evil. I think we will learn more in HL3 BUT right now I think he is doing this all for some reason....sinister....or hes a good guy bent on using his time stopping matrix powers to stop the combine and thats been his vendetta from the first.

Anyway....just a thought :cool:

The G-Man is GOD.

Gman.

I doubt the gman did all that shit single handedly. He's just good at exploiting situations. The gman put Gordon in C17 like a scientist would put a mouse in a maze. He would eventually find the cheese.

Well....its quite obvious he didn't doit all single handedly. Hes part of some organization remember?

xerogeno said:
I for one...think that the Gman is controlling this whole thing. He somehow figured out how to manipulate and stop time

Actually I think he altered Gordons perception of time, not time itself.

And as always when Samon says that G-man isn't controlling time, I must inevitably show up to state that I think he IS controlling time, or rather transporting himself into an instance of time. Thus we preserve the balance. :LOL:

The G-man had definately been busy during those almost-two-decades, but doing what, who knows? And while I don't think he anticipated every move Gordon could've made on his trip, he certainly knew that if he put Freeman in City 17, and had his friends filling him in on the situation, he'd eventually topple the citadel.

I personally don't think he's evil. There are some things that just don't add up to him being evil, like hiring Freeman out to the resistance--which we have so far seen has nothing of value to the G-man--, and a little note in his npc file from Valve that says, "misunderstood servant of the people."

Darkside55 said:
And as always when Samon says that G-man isn't controlling time, I must inevitably show up to state that I think he IS controlling time, or rather transporting himself into an instance of time. Thus we preserve the balance. :LOL:

:LOL:

Samon said:
Actually I think he altered Gordons perception of time, not time itself.

Well, it can't just be Gordon's perception of time, it must be his physical relationship to the passage of time as well - remember, he has not aged in the nigh-on twenty years between games. So it's not just that his perception, am I right?

um yeah?
Well aint it possible that gman have used Gordon for other missions aswell?
In my Half life generation box he did. Dont remember the games name thou.

Maybe Gordons been in a slow teleport!!!

Rizzo89 said:
um yeah?
Well aint it possible that gman have used Gordon for other missions aswell?
In my Half life generation box he did. Dont remember the games name thou.

Those were unofficial episodes, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. They don't count as part of the official story, so there's no point speculating about them.

Pesmerga said:
The G-Man is GOD.

Gman.

I doubt the gman did all that shit single handedly. He's just good at exploiting situations. The gman put Gordon in C17 like a scientist would put a mouse in a maze. He would eventually find the cheese.
If he needed help, he wont be god...G-man is not him name, it is his model name(i purposely put this in non capital):p But anyway with your Gman is smart theory i buy part of it but when he releases the mouse, the mouse will find the cheese, in Gordon's situation what is the cheese, there is no objective.

There is always a objective. Gman sets things in motions, like domino!

i just dont understand why the gman even needs gordon, if he's so great with time. I mean, thats a pretty big thing right there, to stop time, or even just alter other's perceptions of it. what makes him need gordon at all?

He needs Gordon becouse can't control time. He is not god and dude,[Sarcasm] The Gman can hold a gun. Just watch whats in his case! Those arn't just for show.[/Sarcasm]

I dont think he is good or evil. His goals can be for a more stranger then we might think. His goals can be something going in all kinds of directions. Maybe he needs to end the war for both sides in order to do Mutual assured destruction. To end it. To do it he plays his cards right for all sides gaining and losing situations.

We can only speculate till the whole story is revealed to us.

MTG_Maro said:
We can only speculate till the whole story is revealed to us.

Yeah, that was worthing resurrecting a thread for.
(wanders off to find to threads from 2004 to post 'Hmm, I wonder what's for dinner' in)

Well, if you think about it, in the first half life Eli was young. The black guy is Eli. Anyway, if you think about it in the first Half Life Eli was young, like in his late 20s right? He's like 50 years old now, so Gordon had to have been in some sort of stasis until Gman needed him to go to Nova Prospekt. He wouldn't have aged. So now it had had to have been 10 years since the first half life, right? Well, you were probably supposed to be 40, but instead because you were in a stasis you hadn't aged, and you are still 30. Bah, idk!

TigerStar said:
Well, if you think about it, in the first half life Eli was young. The black guy is Eli. Anyway, if you think about it in the first Half Life Eli was young, like in his late 20s right? He's like 50 years old now, so Gordon had to have been in some sort of stasis until Gman needed him to go to Nova Prospekt. He wouldn't have aged. So now it had had to have been 10 years since the first half life, right? Well, you were probably supposed to be 40, but instead because you were in a stasis you hadn't aged, and you are still 30. Bah, idk!

You can't judge by model appearances, simply because the leap in technology muddies any sort of comparison.

A better estimate would be 15-20 years, because Alyx was a baby/small child at most during Black Mesa. Since she's probably early-mid twenties right now, that gives a 15-20 year gap. We know that the Combine invaded Earth about a decade ago, according to Kleiner.

I believe, that Valve has stated, that it has been 20 years since the Black Mesa incident and it fits well with the character ages.

Well, if you think about it, in the first half life Eli was young.

Young? That character model looks like he was at least in his mid-thirties.

If G-man can really stop time, so can other species. The vortigaunts saved Alyx apparently by stopping time. I don't think time really stopped at the end of Half-life 2. I can't explain what happened though. Maybe G-man warped himself and Gordon somewhere where they observed the events somehow. Again I just don't know. It just seems if he can really control time he could easily complete whatever his goals are. Or maybe he surrounded the two in a fast-time warp where time travels slower outside the warp zone. I always thought G-man's species was once enslaved by the Combine and is now out for revenge and is recruiting other planets into the rebel alliance. Humans were once enslaved and are now fighting back. Along with the vortigaunts, they now have the motivation to fight the Combine. G-man seems sinister in that he doesn't seem to care who gets hurt in the process of completing whatever goal he's after. Even Gordon loses whatever life he had by being trapped in a time-warp. I believe he's either nuetral like a mercenary pimp, or fighting the combine whatever his role may be in that.

Back