G-Man: Really minor but...

el Chi

Reaction score
How will characters in-game refer to the G-Man? Surely they won't call him G-Man? That sounds silly. Our Employer sounds even worse. And as for calling him G...:rolleyes:

Maybe G is for Gordon... G-Man is Gordon from the future (without the beard and glasses, natch) Or maybe Shepherd - after all, we never saw his face and G-Man did say to him at the end that Shepherd reminded G-Man of his younger self...
I'm not saying I expect that to happen... I'm just bored. Veeeerrrryyy bored

wow from the future? who would have thought that? it hasnt been said 500 times or anything.

We will know everythin about him hen the game is released :D

G stands for government, as in government-man.
Valve didn't invent this phrase, it has many applications in real life.

yeah G could mean many things..... Gordon-Man doesnt sound right tho..
Maybe uhh
Geriatric-man
Gringo-man
...... Gay-man??

Originally posted by El_Chi
How will characters in-game refer to the G-Man? Surely they won't call him G-Man? That sounds silly. Our Employer sounds even worse. And as for calling him G...:rolleyes:

Maybe G is for Gordon... G-Man is Gordon from the future (without the beard and glasses, natch) Or maybe Shepherd - after all, we never saw his face and G-Man did say to him at the end that Shepherd reminded G-Man of his younger self...
I'm not saying I expect that to happen... I'm just bored. Veeeerrrryyy bored

Hmm the future idea seems quite interesting .. but honestly I don't think thats gona happen.

yeah, g-man is just a generic term for someone who works for the government especially FBI agents and such

Originally posted by Peks
wow from the future? who would have thought that? it hasnt been said 500 times or anything.

Ive never heard of that before , so do people think G-Man is Gordon in the future or Shepard?

I think its just Government , they used to call FBI agents Gmen

According to Google image search, this is what a G-Man looks like.

gman.gif

1. Peks, I know it's been said 500 times - and like I said, I'm bored. It's just idle speculation.

2. I know G stands for Govt. - again it's just idle speculation that I don't believe... I'm bored.

3. This was NOT a serious post - I don't actually believe he's Shepherd or Freeman from the future, I AM BORED. The only part I was only vaguely serious about was how people would refer to him in-game.

Wish I'd never said anything now.

Originally posted by weirdo
yeah G could mean many things..... Gordon-Man doesnt sound right tho..
Maybe uhh
Geriatric-man
Gringo-man
...... Gay-man??

"Gay-man" LOL

He is the government man, sent by the government. The government has sent him. And that is not a alien from another dimention, it is a downed government experimental aircraft.
(Who gets this joke?)

The G-man is a Good manager. Someone who inspires you to do your best...

Well G-man has a blue eyes gordon has a brown.
Maybe he had a eye transplantacion... LoL

Gordan's eyes are green.
And I imagine they're going to reveal the G-mans name or something.

Originally posted by Direwolf
Gordan's eyes are green.
And I imagine they're going to reveal the G-mans name or something.

Mike!

Or Dave.. Wow, what a great name!

Failing that.. Gordon (coincidence ;)), Bob, Harry, Joe, Cleetus (would be funny), Tony, Zidane, Cloud, Squall, Zell, Oli, Matthew, Luke, Fili, Kili, Bilbo, Gandalf, Adrian, Moses, Otis, Nate, Andrew, Andy, James, Mark, Nick, Thom/Tom, Thomas/Tomas, Jamie, Marcus, Gregory, Chris, Alex, Ryan, Sam, Orlando.. Theres lots of others but i've spent long enough writing names.

ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha
This man is had a hat and big head :)

I think his name's Alan. He looks like an Alan.
But there's no way in Hell they'll give him a name... How crap would that be? It'd drag him down from being this overlord type character - part of his other-worldy alienation from you is the fact that he appears to have no name. Although some scientists did refer to him (I assumed it was him, at least) as The Administrator - that'd make sense.

I think they'll call him "the boss" or something similar; I'd expect the characters you see talking to him directly will call him "sir". Perhaps we will learn his surname though, something non-descript like Mr. Smith or Mr. Jones.

G-man control all black mesa and lamda corporation labs, the goverment give him all the power.
And like all the people have the power he misuse of this power.
You can work for us cause the goverment think that you don t use all you petential if you don t accept you will have your last battle.

It s something like he said but he play god say yes you leave say no you die.

He send the marines and what did they do they kill the people and he send the black ops too.

Doesn't it stand for Government Man?

Yup. But as you might have gathered this isn't the most serious of threads...
My bad.

He was never actually called "g-man" anyway... that's just the name for the Mplayer skin. I'm sure you'll never here alyx say "gman said blah blah" or whatever.

-Straylight

I beleive the scientists refer to him as "The Administrator" at least i think they were refering to G-Man , maybe they were talking about another scientist. But it would make more sense that it would be G-man because he made sure everything that happened happened right in HL1.

i wonder what happend to Shepherd kinda weird... i wonder if they include him into the game....

Why did you post this in the Gman thread instead of the Shephard thread? :eek: And why are you using my avatar? Get ouuuut!! :p

Welcome :D

Originally posted by Dave
Mike!

Or Dave.. Wow, what a great name!

Failing that.. Gordon (coincidence ;)), Bob, Harry, Joe, Cleetus (would be funny), Tony, Zidane, Cloud, Squall, Zell, Oli, Matthew, Luke, Fili, Kili, Bilbo, Gandalf, Adrian, Moses, Otis, Nate, Andrew, Andy, James, Mark, Nick, Thom/Tom, Thomas/Tomas, Jamie, Marcus, Gregory, Chris, Alex, Ryan, Sam, Orlando.. Theres lots of others but i've spent long enough writing names.

:LOL:

ya.. just imgine the name Bilbo for our Overlord of HL1... rofl

as far as HL2 chars referring to him as "G-man" whats wrong with that? hmm.. "The Administrator" sounds good too.. quite frankly i've become accustomed to "G-man" that no matter what they call him in HL2, hes always going to be the "G-man" to me

Back