G-Man

Reaction score
I know he is a mistery. To us he is that man who you first saw, with a briefcase in one hand and the other on his tie. To us he is that bloke who guides us in and out of our journey in HL. But, if we only see and experience what Gordon does, then does Gordon know as much as we do about the G-Man? Which is very little.

I have seen many threads before with scattered info about the G-Man. Can we try and put all that info into this thread, so I and you can all have a clear idea on who the G-Man appears to us as of now.

What I think:
He is definitely Good
He is your master and guider
He has important contacts

So what you've just done is stated the obvious.

What I think:
He is a man
He is not a woman.
He is part of the story.

LOL @ pwnage

I beg to differ on the "he is good" part, that little s*** is using Gordon as his personal army of one, why should we do what he says? I say we shoot him at the final boss battle which will be in Half-Life 10and 3/4

Lol..

Well what i think is:

He has a blue suit
He looks like a human
He talks

he ain't good, at least that's what i believe. It is quite obvious though that his actions have had a negative affect on combine operations on earth but that doesn't neccassarily make him on our side now does it?

What I think:

- We know very little about him.
- That's the point in his character.
- Hence the reason why little consolidated information about him appears is because we know so little that is concrete about him.
- His character is in constant flux because that's how Valve make their games
- http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman contains his speeches and sightings, for what they are worth.
- The last point was a blantant attempt by myself to advertise a webpage I've made.
- I ran out of useful things to say sometime ago, but I nontheless continue to bullet all that I say.
- The G-Man may not be a reincarnation of Mary Queen of Scots, but this is difficult to verify.

FCBob said:
It is quite obvious though that his actions have had a negative affect on combine operations on earth but that doesn't neccassarily make him on our side now does it?
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world" - Perhaps G-Man is distracting Gordon from the real task at hand?

well at the end of opposing force didnt g-man tell shephard that "you remind me of myself in the past" or something along those lines...

maybe g-man was a NAVY SEAL

I know something about him,
-He sells gordon.
(Breen talking about contract, special offers...etc...)
-He could slow down time and do things to girls....
-He has talked to gordon
-He is in the game Half-Life
-He has a suitcase
-We don't know his real name.
-He can't die in HL1
-He knows adrian.
-He is a he.
-He is not a she.
-He likes adjusting his tie.
-He was a scientist(See Picture in Klieners Lab).
-He looks old.
-He does not look young.
-He would get a senior discount at a movie.
-Gordon has never talked to him.....or anyone for that matter.
-We have never seen him go to the bathroom........
-He would bitch slap the creator of this thread or send gordon after him.

I don't know how many times i've seen people correct this. G-man was not that scientist in the picture. The man in the picture is one of the generic scientist in half life known as "slim". If you wanna disagree feel free to but don't expect to evoke a response from me.

Minerel said:
I know something about him,
-He sells gordon.
(Breen talking about contract, special offers...etc...)
-He could slow down time and do things to girls....
-He has talked to gordon
-He is in the game Half-Life
-He has a suitcase
-We don't know his real name.
-He can't die in HL1
-He knows adrian.
-He is a he.
-He is not a she.
-He likes adjusting his tie.
-He was a scientist(See Picture in Klieners Lab).
-He looks old.
-He does not look young.
-He would get a senior discount at a movie.
-Gordon has never talked to him.....or anyone for that matter.
-We have never seen him go to the bathroom........
-He would bitch slap the creator of this thread or send gordon after him.

That wasn't him in the picture, it was another scientist.

FCBob said:
The man in the picture is one of the generic scientist in half life known as "slim".
Correction: "Slick."

This thread is the reason I don't post in the HL2 related sections. Seriously, Is it so hard to just look at like 3 seperate threads to peice together 10-15 mins of reading material?

kupoartist said:
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world" - Perhaps G-Man is distracting Gordon from the real task at hand?
Perhaps G-Man is talking about himself... food for thought.

Do you guys remember x-files ? I think that valve have same idea on gman.
I strongly believe that gman is from government justl ike in x-files.

someone said that he is vortigaunt in "suit".

Vortigaunt rumors:
- his face is so vortigaunt
- vortigaunt are fighting with people and in start of game where you meet first vortigaunt (after breen talking) sayd : "we all serve same mystery" which is 100% talk about gman.

second rumor is that gman is Perv who studied time stopping to do things for girls ( like someone said) :angel:

btw, i disappear...

here are some things i would like to point out about g-man

- G-man definently owns a bum cork (i know)
- He spys on Gordon even while hes naked
- he looks like an ugly bull dog
- whoever made this thread is a retard

The Gman

My Gman List
He is weird
His gman spottings are **HERE**
He can talk
We can see he talks to other people to. **HERE**
He can do and get to places very quickly

-

In the end of HL1 he says something about taking away all your weapons, and then he mentiones about most of them being "government property anyway". Makes you wonder.

MarcoPollo said:
This thread is the reason I don't post in the HL2 related sections. Seriously, Is it so hard to just look at like 3 seperate threads to peice together 10-15 mins of reading material?

Black Mesa Corp always spams everywhere with retarded threads.

Back