G-man's arguement

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
It's been discussed to death but I thought I'd bring it up again. Here's my interpretation of it:

gman_mumble1.wav
"We should not let the [possibly 'system comence']"

gman_mumble2.wav
No idea what so ever

gman_mumble3.wav
"I don't think anyone asked you that"

gman_mumble4.wav
"If I had wondered...I would have said so"

gman_mumble5.wav
"My employers don't..."

gman_mumble6.wav
"You're a scientist and a fraud..."

c1a0_sci_mumble.wav
"I have told you a hundred times, I am opposed to pushing the equipment beyond its safe levels" (This one is clearer than all the g-man ones)

From nocliping into this convo I think that the g-man only actualy says 3 of these phrases.

After some more nocliping I have determinded the in-game convo goes like this:
"We should not let the.... My employers don't..."
"I have told you a hundred times, I am opposed to pushing the equipment beyond its safe levels"

its easier if you just listen to the sound files in the folder.

How do you think I got the ones that weren't used? I only did that in game to find out which were used.

I've always wondered at that last one, simply because it's the clearest of them all and it sure sounds like he's saying, "You're a scientist and a fraud," but what would he be talking about? How could the scientist be a fraud? I don't think that's what he's saying. But what could sound like fraud? Proud, maybe?

Maybe he's saying the scientist is being an idiot, and since scientists are generally really smart, he's a fraud.

"Listen to me, I'm a scientists!"
"You're a scientist, AND A FRAUD!"

Out of all the dialogue that has been translated, what specific lines are used in game?

wait, so gman didnt want the RC to happen? (from those lines i've read)

Out of all the dialogue that has been translated, what specific lines are used in game?
:rolleyes:
After some more nocliping I have determinded the in-game convo goes like this:
"We should not let the.... My employers don't..."
"I have told you a hundred times, I am opposed to pushing the equipment beyond its safe levels"

wait, so gman didnt want the RC to happen? (from those lines i've read)
No, it was definately his idea to force the resonance cascade. He seems to have orchestrated the whole thing, and he used the situation to his advantage. I think he was arguing for using the anti-mass spectrometer at those levels, and the scientist was telling him it could be dangerous. In fact I bet that one line, "If I had wondered...I would have said so," might be "If I had wanted..." as in, "If I had wanted your opinion."

What about mumble 2. It sounds like "We must not [blah blah blah blah]"

I'm going to look at it in Audicity for a while, see if I can klar it up.

Back