G-man's teeth?

Originally posted by symptom
There's nothing wrong with seeing room for improvement... leave Wesisapie alone, he wasn't being disrespectful.

I will grant you that there is nothing wrong with seeing room for improvement, but I think the reason Wesisapie gets some flak here is because he claims hardcore gamers know that graphics is the alpha and omega in gameplay. The exact opposite is true. Gameplay is everything, and graphics is supposed to improve the gameplay, if not, then there is no point.

HalfAsleep

Screw the teeth. Where's his ear hair?

At any rate, I believe Valve did do a special shader just for the teeth. Keep in mind, the E3 videos are from an early build of the game. No doubt they've made a lot of improvements since.

Besides, who cares about the damn teeth when you've got those amazing facial expressions! Just look at the "sad G-Man" screenshot up above and tell me that's not the most amazing damn thing you've ever seen in a video game.

Gabe Newell - I did a presentation on the engine for Vivendi a little while back. It was about 100 pages long, and we got through it in about 4 hours.. yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda. For example there's a special shader for people's teeth. Yadda yadda yadda yadda.

(don't mind about the yadda yadda's :p)

the purpose of that video is to show face animation which looks AMAZING! not to show teeth or neck work.... ya the teeth looks kinda poor and there's a minor bug in the neck but i think it can easily be fixed! if they can make the eye looks that amazing they can do the teeth too!

Gimme nice teeth. lol. Very funny.

If u people only hear yourselves right now. :D

Back