G36c

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Well, the modeling section seems abit empty so i though i would post my sooo very nearly G36c for the 00 Source mod, inspired by goldeneye.

Well atm the model is 2500 pollys but i need to go through and sort out the smooth groups and optomize it. Ill probly update tomorrow but as i said the modeling section seemed abit empty so i stuck this up!

Comments welcome, and any skinners intrested in abit of skinning get in contact with me and i can send you some of the other modles compleated so far.

Attachments

• G36cc1.jpg
    G36cc1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 355
  • G36cc2.jpg
    G36cc2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 297
wow :eek: awesome! can't see anything wrong with it! :cheers:

It looks nice. Although I have some issues with it.

1.& 2. Parts missing?
3. Try to make the frontsight be a continuation like in the picture.
It's a seperate part, but it's formed to look like it's continuing from the stock.

4. You have too much mesh in the front of the Clip.
5. Aaand too little mesh on the handle.
6. I think you have some issues with this too. It's supposed to be straight and in this angle. I'm probably fooled by the perspective. Just wanted to point it out.
7. I think your hole is a bit big..
8. The end of the butt is a seperate part. You might want to fake this in the texture, but I still think you should model the diference because it's quite obvious.

g36C_corrections.jpg

Mikademius said:
It looks nice. Although I have some issues with it.

1.& 2. Parts missing?
3. Try to make the frontsight be a continuation like in the picture.
It's a seperate part, but it's formed to look like it's continuing from the stock.

4. You have too much mesh in the front of the Clip.
5. Aaand too little mesh on the handle.
6. I think you have some issues with this too. It's supposed to be straight and in this angle. I'm probably fooled by the perspective. Just wanted to point it out.
7. I think your hole is a bit big..
8. The end of the butt is a seperate part. You might want to fake this in the texture, but I still think you should model the diference because it's quite obvious.

g36C_corrections.jpg

Most of those errors are nice and easy to fix :) so ill get on with them in abit.

1 & 2, i left #1 out because i decided that it wouldnt been seen in game so didnt really want to wast the pollys on it. Left 2# out because i though it was an attacment on the weapon, but looking at me refs again it looks like its part of the gun so ill stuck that in :)

4. There isnt that much mesh on the clip, if there was any less it would just look like a box. There could of been far more! but i left all the detail out, what i modeled was just the base of the clip.

5. I see that little sticky out bit on the grip now :S i had a bit of a funny ref pic, there was a little writing along the bottom which just coverd the bottom of the grip, so ill go back over that and fix iit up!

6. Yea i have done that abit funny, again shit referance pics, ill sort that out as well and should get rid of a few pollys in the process :)

7. I can scale down that a wee bit shouldnt be hard :)

8. Yea that will just go in a texture, at the end of the day its not really gunna be seen in first person so i dont really think i should stick too many pollys in there.

Thanx alot for the crits and coments, when i can be arsed to turn max on ill fix up all them problems :)

Great work as usual :D

btw, stormy...have you heard what crawlz has said about HB ?...ridiculas :|

simmo said:
Great work as usual :D

btw, stormy...have you heard what crawlz has said about HB ?...ridiculas :|

Na i havnt, whats going on with it!? Get on msn! :)

Stormy said:
8. Yea that will just go in a texture, at the end of the day its not really gunna be seen in first person so i dont really think i should stick too many pollys in there.

What if the player decides to snap the butt over to get the g36Compact even more compact... :p

And how could you start modeling this without getting decent reference. That's a big no-no. I have spent over two weeks on reference for my next model and I'll probably spend two more...
Shame on you... :)

:D i got plenty of refs, just made a mistake and missed a cople of bits! :) i always to it, generly miss the trigger off! i was probly concentrating so hard on not missing out the trigger that i missed them other cople of bits hehe.

ROGOR SIMMO! DONE IT NOW ERR! so different mod then back to HB?

Ok well i finished the smooth groups and optomizing got it to 2121 faces. Here are some new renders including wire frames and first persons.

Worked on most of the comment from the previos threads, only thing i didnt do was that part on the frount of the weapon.

Why do you have the safety on boths sides. You don't plan on making the most annoying CS weapon bug do you??You still haven't fixed the handle, but that won't be visable anyways so.. Good job!

Mikademius said:
Why do you have the safety on boths sides. You don't plan on making the most annoying CS weapon bug do you??You still haven't fixed the handle, but that won't be visable anyways so.. Good job!

The G36 has an ambidextrous safety/fire selector.

The G36 has an ambidextrous safety/fire selector.

Right.

The model is good, but it's too thin ;) I'd make it a bit thicker

Back