Gabe a bit paranoid?

Shuzer said:
He says he did, but I highly, greatly, most completely doubt merc played the end of the game.

I think so too.

Gabe: Ok, merc - like you wanted to play HL2?
merc: yep
*merc plays the supposed last level
merc: that was awesome, kthxbye!
Gabe: bye.
*merc leaves
Gabe: ok gang, he's gone. You can come out now.
*valve staff appears from behind a curtain disguised cleverly as a projection monitor...

lol "Please knock on head for assistance"

It's definitely not a webcam.

It's a high-end networked security camera, we used five of these (same make and model) to secure our lab just a month ago.

Besides, that's a very weird angle for a webcam. It is aimed at the chair and the screen from behind.

I think the real reason for this camera is spotting misbehaving visitors. Suppose Gabe had to step out for some reason or other. We wouldn't want the mini-Gabe to e-mail the latest build of HL2 to a friend, would we?

Stan R.

stanr said:
It's definitely not a webcam.

It's a high-end networked security camera, we used five of these (same make and model) to secure our lab just a month ago.

Besides, that's a very weird angle for a webcam. It is aimed at the chair and the screen from behind.

I think the real reason for this camera is spotting misbehaving visitors. Suppose Gabe had to step out for some reason or other. We wouldn't want the mini-Gabe to e-mail the latest build of HL2 to a friend, would we?

Stan R.

Because, you can tell the make AND model from simply looking at it? :|

Besides, it's not Gabe's desk.

Shuzer said:

Exactly, it's not pointing towards the monitor, it's pointing towards potential visitors.

Shuzer said:

You'd be able to tell the make and model if you screwed five of these to the ceiling too. Maybe not the model, but definitely the make. Right, it seems to be an Axis camera.

Whose desk is it then? How do you know it's not Gabe's? And is it really relevant whose desk it is?

Stan R.

Cliffe dropped by and confirmed it wasn't Gabe's office (they must think we're bored out of our minds to be analyzing a photo of a desk with a camera next to it :x)
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=566341&postcount=28

Anyhow, fair enough on the camera argument. I'm just saying, it may look like it, but you never know

Besides, the desk does matter, as the receptionist's desk probably doesn't have any HL2 files on it

It may have hl2 on it! You never know :) She is after all, could be a playtest. :)

How doess Cliffe and the other few guys know its not his desk? Anyone got a picture of Gabe's office?

mshadow14 said:
How doess Cliffe and the other few guys know its not his desk? Anyone got a picture of Gabe's office?

cliffe works at VALVe

mshadow14 said:

I mean, cliffe walks by that desk everyday, so I mean, he SHOULD know... :rolleyes:

LOL who ever said that is a security measure is a nonce!

That is a webcam... what idiot would place a CCTV cam on a table... lol, why do you think most CCTV cams indoors are placed in the corners... so no one can get past them/ cover them without being seen.

Rofl, oh right. That Cliffe :D
Sorry, haven't slept much latley... :(

Runteh said:
LOL who ever said that is a security measure is a nonce!

That is a webcam... what idiot would place a CCTV cam on a table... lol, why do you think most CCTV cams indoors are placed in the corners... so no one can get past them/ cover them without being seen.

According to the "Knock on the glass for assistance" it's probably very logical that they will not let someone in with a hood that covers the face.

And they do afterall live right above a bank, which uses similar security meassures.

So they will have some pretty high quality pictures to go after, if someone were to break in.

BTW, Gabe said it's the lobby, "That's actually our lobby and we use it to see, well, who's in our lobby." I wasn't really expecting a reply to my email, but oh well. I love Valve.

Wait.. Whats that building in the background... Says Nordstro.. Something. :eek: This is actuallly all fake the picture was taken in norway and that guy at the table is just a lookalike! :smoking:

Its not even facing the supposed intuder though...

You could sit anything infront of it and block is view...

It would say "Nordstroms". It's a department store, probably in one of the malls.

borrred out of our minds..

i wonder what happened to that thank you valve thread that was nice..

still boored out or our minds aren't we..

a new life awaits you my fellow half life 2ers .. its called "activity"

ok so basicly reading through this thread, i gathered one thing:
Gabe uses a webcam to spy on the secretary's ass....
shame on you gabe, shame on you

well thats the fattest webcam ive ever seen :O, if its a webcam,

omg, omg, Action FigureZ, , omg Crow Bar!,

euk,, what a horrible day outside :x .

someone should try to steal the golden crowbar. will be the biggest heist of all time!
and just hit people who get in your way

My grandparent make me go on a treadmill for 30 minutes a day now!! I'm working muscles I never knew i had!! :eek:

Back