Gabe cross examined about status of HL2

its taken from matrix:reloaded.. anyways, damn funny =)

SupraRZ95 said:
How can you play a preload? IF Valve releases the preload, they will release an update making it playable.

I have an idea. How about we start talking about that update, instead of the preload, now? :thumbs:

Preemptive posting. That's what I call innovation!!

not much to discuss anymore. valve haters suck. but people who just make jests about valve because of delays aren't bad or immature people.

they are just trying to make light of a depressing situation

poseyjmac said:
sigh, ill explain this yet again, these posts are far too common..

preload is important to people not beacause of the files on the harddrive, but because valve is making progress. it will be the first time something tangible is released that makes up halflife2 the game. when this happens it means that maybe valve wont delay hl2 for another year and that release is not too far off.

I know what you're saying, but as far as we know, the preload may, or may not, have no effect on when the entire game will be released. That's what I was trying to say...in a sense. :)

SaL said:
A Few Good Men at VALVe dramitization

Gabe: You want answers?

10 yr old Half-Life 2 fan: I think I'm entitled to them.

10 yr old Half-Life 2 fan: I want the truth!

Gabe: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has bugs. And those bugs have to be squished. Who's gonna do it? You? You?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.You weep for Half-Life 2 and you curse VALVe.You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Half-Life 2's delay's, while tragic, probably saved the game. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes the game meet your expectations...

You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at Lan parties, you want me squishing these bugs. You need me squishing these bugs.

We use words like no sleep,all nighter,hey Cliffe put another pot of coffee on ...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent creating something. You use 'em as a punchline in your next forum post.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a snot-nosed gamer who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very game I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it!

I'd rather you just said thank you and we'll get you some updated information as it's available.Otherwise, I suggest you encase yourself in a cryonic sleep chamber that will wake you up when the HL2 preload starts Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

10 yr old Half-Life 2 fan: Did you order the delay of Half-Life 2?

Gabe: (quietly) I did the job you expect me to do.

Gabe: You're ***damn right I did!!

I would like to know what's goin on with HL2 and admit VALVe could do a better job at times of releasing info and dates but hate VALVe threads aren't going to do any good!
That is so awesome!!! I almost peed my pants. I showed it to my software people and they cracked up!!

AlCaponeXB said:
I know what you're saying, but as far as we know, the preload may, or may not, have no effect on when the entire game will be released. That's what I was trying to say...in a sense. :)

yes i acknowledge that no doubt. i just consider the psychological impact. it will be quite positive. :borg: :thumbs:

I thought everyone could use a little humor,after a bunch of negative threads lately.I laughed :E

SaL said:
A Few Good Men at VALVe dramitization

10 yr old Half-Life 2 fan: I think I'm entitled to them.

10 yr old Half-Life 2 fan: I want the truth!

Gabe: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has bugs. And those bugs have to be squished. Who's gonna do it? You? You?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.You weep for Half-Life 2 and you curse VALVe.You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Half-Life 2's delay's, while tragic, probably saved the game. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes the game meet your expectations...

You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at Lan parties, you want me squishing these bugs. You need me squishing these bugs.

We use words like no sleep,all nighter,hey Cliffe put another pot of coffee on ...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent creating something. You use 'em as a punchline in your next forum post.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a snot-nosed gamer who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very game I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it!

I'd rather you just said thank you and we'll get you some updated information as it's available.Otherwise, I suggest you encase yourself in a cryonic sleep chamber that will wake you up when the HL2 preload starts Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Gabe: (quietly) I did the job you expect me to do.

Gabe: You're ***damn right I did!!

I would like to know what's goin on with HL2 and admit VALVe could do a better job at times of releasing info and dates but hate VALVe threads aren't going to do any good!

lol!
Now THATS satire!

wonkers said:
Valve doesn't know we exist until we pay for one of their products.

What do you think Valve is, a non-profit charity? You think Doom 3 got big by Carmack memorizing kids names from all around the world like Santa Claus and calling them up to chat even if they didn't play his game?

Do you get letters from companies you have never given your money too and they just want to see how you are doing and ask if they can be your friend?

Yah interesting and creative, but creativity might be being wasted?
Maybe you can go get a job with valve and do the comedy part of HL2, then I am sure that might give them just enough reason to delay the game another 10 years. No sarcasm intended though, it was very creative.

Back