Gabe Newell posted on my clan forum

^Ben said:
I think im gonna splooge!!

So listen honey, have you ever been worked on by 2 games that are hot for your s**tch thats what im offering here! You walk into a room and then you smell perfume. You lay upon our roundish bed nd you feel a tickling on your head. It's GF with the feather and the french stick LOOK AT HIM BABY HES GOT THE TOOLS! And then you feel something down by your feet it's D3 he dont mind sucking on toes.

duh duh duh duh duh

Could you rephrase that in english, please?

Never!!!!

Listen to tenacious D double team ;)

daveodeth said:
do you have your own server i love a bit of HLDM.

Name: DADS AG SERVER 6.5
Server IP: 66.208.99.196:27015
Password: efilflah or wank
Timelimit: 20
Fraglimit: None
Max Players: 20

some valve maps and a few custom maps for the tournaments we are playing in at the moment....

psyno said:
The IP he posted in the thread is registered to Electric Lightwave (207.173.0.0 - 207.173.255.255). They're a telecom company out of Vancouver, Washington (right across the Columbia river from Portland, Oregon) and they have offices in the Seattle area, specifically one in Bellevue at 1301 120th Ave NE.

It would be easy to see how VALVe may get there telco services from them, but we can't tell from the posted IP, and more importantly, we here would have no way of knowing if the IP there is the one used to post the message, or if we were being tricked.

I'm not trying to discredit slinger or his forum, just pointing out (to Big Fat Duck) that there is some reason not to assume immediately that he's lying. A mod could easily look at Gabe's or Greg's IP address and confirm that at least the part of the IP supplied was accurate.

Well, since they had their source code stolen from them, I am a bit nervous to post the entire IP address to the public. I would be more than willing to have one of the admins of this forum create an account on my forum, I'll give him Moderator status so he can see the IP address that is posted. Let him verify it and you can take his word for it over mine.

I know none of you don't know who I am. Me and my clan have one of the better reputations out there and are a very trusted clan in the HLDM community. Until yesterday I hadn't created an account here even though I have visted the site many times for news and stuff. I can certainly see why some of you would think it was a fake.

So yeah, I am totally serious about having an admin from here verify the IP address on my forum if it'll ease your minds....

That's good news. I would think he is referring to a final release candidate. Why would he mention an internal QA release build?

obsidian said:
looks like its really coming together. doom3 out in august, gabe saying they'll be ready for publishing in august and now RC final by end of July = playing hl2 in August.

People, don't be getting your hopes up again. Just wait. I can pretty much guarantee that we won't be playing hl2 in august. I'm still hoping for a september release date, but I'm not going to get excited until I see "HALF-LIFE 2 HAS GONE GOLD!!" . Hell, I'll be happy if it just comes out by/during the holiday season. At this point, even that would be a miracle.

"
People, don't be getting your hopes up again. Just wait. I can pretty much guarantee that we won't be playing hl2 in august. I'm still hoping for a september release date, but I'm not going to get excited until I see "HALF-LIFE 2 HAS GONE GOLD!!" . Hell, I'll be happy if it just comes out by/during the holiday season. At this point, even that would be a miracle."

Wow just wow can we get more pessamistic on so little information?

It will be out this year as we can see CS:S is the final test for steam, and for the source engine. Once this is over expect to see HL2 very soon.

how can I be so pessimistic? Well, they've never released a game on time. Ever. And everytime people here get their hopes up, they get dashed again. I'm just trying to prevent people from getting hurt man :) MUCH LOVE FOR YOU!

a) why would slinger lie? to gain the respect of nerds around the world or wtf? who cares?

b) why did this forum just turn ugly and pink.

edit: CS:S sucks.

Exactly. I highly doubt Slinger would lie.

By the way, I sent Lightwave Communications an email asking if they could tell me if they provide service to Valve. :)

Hope they email back =/

thefiznut said:
Exactly. I highly doubt Slinger would lie.

By the way, I sent Lightwave Communications an email asking if they could tell me if they provide service to Valve. :)

Hope they email back =/

Here is some of the other info from the IP search on DSL reports website that I got when I did the IP search for Gabe's IP address....I hope you have the same company ;)

Electric Lightwave Inc ELI-NETBLK5
Valve Software ELI-1737-207173xxxxxx

TechHandle: IPADM15-ARIN
TechName: ipadmin
TechPhone: +1-800-622-4354
TechEmail: [email protected]

CreedoG said:
how can I be so pessimistic? Well, they've never released a game on time. Ever. And everytime people here get their hopes up, they get dashed again. I'm just trying to prevent people from getting hurt man :) MUCH LOVE FOR YOU!

Well, technically, the "On time" date, ie: 30th September, 2003, has passed. The game is not on time. Ergo, there is every chance it will be released, as the admittedly rather vague date for it going gold (Summer) is late, anyway. So why not hope? By your logic, any date that VALVe will set will be missed, and therefore the game will never come out. And I seriously doubt that will happen...

Knowing Valve, I would assume it...

Will come out in August!!! :D :D :D

BTW, for anyone looking at my previous post and getting confused by the odd wording and corkscrew logic: I reckon it stands a good chance of coming out around the time VALVe have said it will.

Kouler said:
Knowing Valve, I would assume it...
Will come out in August!!! :D :D :D

August -> Gold

September -> Release :naughty: :eek: :afro: :smoking:

Yeah, but let's hope it's out before the 30th of this year, otherwise that troll (Or whoever he was) who made the famous prediction that it'd be exactly or more than one year late will be right...

Slinger your forum requires an email to be validated before posting right ? So just check to see what email that username used to register, If his email *****@valvesoftware.com then its him, if its not id probably say its bogus.

I cant seem to understand anything that has been said in the post... :(

I am sticking till sept 21st(end of summer)....So its entirely possible, Vivendi WILL want this game out ASAP, they won't dick around, this WILL make them SHITLOADS of money.

Slinger is apparently sincere so I dont doubt him.
And to anyone who says not to get our hopes up,some of us can handle having our hopes dashed,simply because you cant handle it doesnt mean the rest of us cant.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care any more?
Obviously I'd like it to come out sooner rather than later, but... Well it's just got to the point that I don't care. It comes out when it comes out and whilst the speculation is mildly interesting... Meh.
People just seem to be basing exact release dates on the tiniest of straws ("Yeah, my reliable source... Some fuzz I found in my pocket...")

el Chi said:
Am I the only one who doesn't really care any more?
Obviously I'd like it to come out sooner rather than later, but... Well it's just got to the point that I don't care. It comes out when it comes out and whilst the speculation is mildly interesting... Meh.
People just seem to be basing exact release dates on the tiniest of straws ("Yeah, my reliable source... Some fuzz I found in my pocket...")

Also feeling a very similar level of apathy, it'll be out at some point, probably, it shall be incredible no doubt, but frankly the buzz has gone.

You people would believe anything.

Some random clan forum with 5 members, one of whom is Gabe Newell? No.

HybridM said:
You people would believe anything.

Some random clan forum with 5 members, one of whom is Gabe Newell? No.

it was gabe, i think the whole point tho is that its not really that big a deal, hes just another human being, be it a very fat and american one

Back