Gabe: Time To Talk About MULTIPLAYER ?

This is exactly why they dont tell us.

The anticipations way bigger than the MP will ever be, keeping it secret just makes you want it more. People might go out and buy it just to see what it does.

Maybe in the multiplayer, you just make faces at eachother, what with the facial expressions available in source an all. :p

It would be nice if the multiplayer chargen would allow customizations using a slider, style Star Wars Galaxies chargen.

over the voice com will our voices be lip sync to our character?
Will it look like my character is really talking?
And will you hear better if you are near my character?

I bet Gabe is gonna make a press release around the 25th of September, and he will fill us in on all the mp goodies. This would be a good business decision since ppl who originally wern't gonna buy the game will say "OMFG!!! That mp looks great!" and then they'll rush out to eb on the 30th to pick up their copy. Releasing the mp details at the last minute would also give the hype machine one last burst to the release date.

im not asking for any details....but come on, some screenshots maybe?
maybe some decent answers considering the buy formula's...because allot of ppl think they are gonna have to pay to play...
and ffs some screenshots :p

I hate the "keep it secret" thing.
Theme parks do it with their new ride, and now this.
I don't get excited. I get frustrated.
Especially with the interviews, where the game devs say, "we can't say at this time."
Most of the time, when I hear about a new interview, I don't read it, because I already know, "We can't say at this time."

Originally posted by SLH
Maybe in the multiplayer, you just make faces at eachother, what with the facial expressions available in source an all. :p

:dork: :cheese:

i love the keep secret thing.

cause when we all get it in our hands (BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES) lol. then when u first put it in your pc and load it and watch all the intro's, with the food all by the pc and sleeping stuff on the chair. ;) well when you do the multiplayer part......won't you be more happy if you didn't know about it when u have it! so u can experience it for your self?

i for one would of loved all the E3 vids to be released 2weeks before the release! that would be like WOOOOOOOOOW

i can wait, but im more frustrated than excited at this point....i just hope there is at least one new footage vid... thats all i ask for :p

man you are so right.

i am still v excited, but annoyed with the release rumours, cause what if they are right with nov release :flame:
wow the amount of threads that will be annoyed with it.

if they show NEW footage and the last 2 or whatever. i be the happiest dude!

also at the end of the new footage would be gr8 if it came up..."coming to a store near you ((release date here))"

We'll be attempting to talk about multiplayer during our interview with Gabe. Wish us luck :)

Originally posted by D33
We'll be attempting to talk about multiplayer during our interview with Gabe. Wish us luck :)

Who knows, he may think it's time to reveal it.

He did tell people on this forum about FSAA issues and the Steam Pricing thing.

And good luck.

Originally posted by D33
When is the interview btw? :) looking forward to it

cause when we all get it in our hands (BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES) lol. then when u first put it in your pc and load it and watch all the intro's, with the food all by the pc and sleeping stuff on the chair. well when you do the multiplayer part......won't you be more happy if you didn't know about it when u have it! so u can experience it for your self?

Exactly commando, I miss that feeling so much. These days I know everything there is to know about a game when it comes out, except for maybe the story. But with HL2 I've got a bajillion questions. What weapons will I find? Who will I face? Who the hell is the administrator? What happens if... etc etc. I miss that excitment, the initial excitment where you go to the store, grab your copy and happily (possibly dangerously) drive back home. Drop your cd a few times as you try and get it in the tray and practically weep with anticipation while the game installs and then it starts and BAM! you get to go around discovering things.

That said, I think keeping everything secret can also lead to a much bigger dissapointment. Take Doom III For example, I'm definetly excited about this game and I intend to buy it the day it comes out just like HL2 but with DIII The excitment isn't as high because I know more about it, but I also know that it's a game I'll enjoy. With HL2 my hopes are sky high because I don't know for certain what's there. But lets say I get it and it doesn't meet my dreams. I'm sure it'll be great but what if it doesn't let me kill aliens while making my dinner or something? I know I'll be dissapointed. So it's certainly with a nervous excitment that I await HL2.

Back