gabes notes

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
#3) We've started taking pre-orders for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero over Steam. It is way cool that the people who have been supporting us over the years can now buy our games directly from us. When the first pre-order went through, we all cheered. We're going to be contacting the person who did it and doing something to commemorate the occasion. I was trying to be first, but couldn't type fast enough and ended up #6.

Gabe

WHO ARE YOU I KNOW YOUR OUT THERE......... :rolling: :rolling:

www.planethalflife.com

I like the part about fixing bugs in Steam quicker. Here's the full letter:

There are a couple of Steam-related things that I thought were worth bringing up.
#1) We've been re-running the hardware survey as we do periodically. We're up over 500,000 respondents. The running tally is at

http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

The previous survey is at:

http://valve.speakeasy.net

There's lots of interesting info, for example Windows 98/Windows ME users going from 62.8% down to 8.25%. It will be cool when more people realize they can play localized versions (Chinese, Korean, French, Italian, German, and Spanish) of the games over Steam.

#2) We've been able to increase the level and speed of our Steam upgrades by direct reporting of client bugs back through Steam. If a Steam client reports a problem, we can replicate it on our machines and jump directly to the line of code in our debugger. This is hugely valuable, and just a fundamentally better way of supporting our customers than we've had in the past.

#3) We've started taking pre-orders for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero over Steam. It is way cool that the people who have been supporting us over the years can now buy our games directly from us. When the first pre-order went through, we all cheered. We're going to be contacting the person who did it and doing something to commemorate the occasion. I was trying to be first, but couldn't type fast enough and ended up #6.

Gabe

So selling works on Steam, Condition-Zero is finally available.

There's one more piece to this ****ING PUZZLE!!!

Mr-Fusion said:
So selling works on Steam, Condition-Zero is finally available.

There's one more piece to this ****ING PUZZLE!!!

HL2 :D

and whats the deal with the 10 characters to post, LoL!

Nice how they email with the news of the first pre order an that.

Well. Yeah. Only a matter of time till HL2 rolls out onto the PreOrder Scene. :)

"I like the part about fixing bugs in Steam quicker."

indeed. good to hear. :)

I wonder who that first guy was that pre-ordered CZ and what he will get from valve.

for some reason, the fact that gabe himself came 6th just strikes me as funny... :)

is there somthing on the steam website saying how many copys or orders they have had for CZ on steam?

lol, not what every 1 was expecting :/ oh well they should have read reviews of it first :p

I think you'll be able to preorder HL2 a few weeks before or something via STEAM.

Why dig up this old thread?
It is quite misleading.

CrazyHarij said:
I think you'll be able to preorder HL2 a few weeks before or something via STEAM.

not only is that wrong and completely gay if it did happen....

but you bumped and old assed thread.....

:x

Back