Game will get stuck on loading screen and not progress

C

Creeper

Right when I start a new game. Can't do anything but restart my comp help would be appreciated

What are your specs? Tried updating your graphics card drivers? Validating your game files? Reinstalling?

I'm afraid to give the specs out because of the smart-a**'s in the steam forum but -

Dell Dimension DIM5100
Intel
Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz
1.00 GB of RAM

RADEON X600 256MB
----------
I don't know how to go about updating my driver but I did do the rest and nothing new happened and yeah I know Dells suck but when HL2 works, its runs pretty good and im mostly having problems with just Ep1 now.

Creeper said:
I'm afraid to give the specs out because of the smart-a**'s in the steam forum but -

Dell Dimension DIM5100
Intel
Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz
1.00 GB of RAM

RADEON X600 256MB
----------
I don't know how to go about updating my driver but I did do the rest and nothing new happened and yeah I know Dells suck but when HL2 works, its runs pretty good and im mostly having problems with just Ep1 now.

Go on to this link: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

Choose which Operating System you are running, and then choose Radeon, then click on Catalyst Driver Download.

Once it is on your harddrive, install it. It should update your drivers. Even if it didn't do anything for Ep1, at least you know your drivers are upto date.

BTW, welcome to the forums, even if you are just passing through.

What kind of smart-ass was the steam forum member.

Same problem here.

I am running a Mobility Radeon 9700, and there are no new drivers I can download.

Did you download the game through steam or bought it at retail?

same

Im also having the same loading issue.
im running an xp3200+ 1.5 gig ram x800 xl 256 bit/mb
I shouldnt have bought it anyways. I loved hl2 but i couldnt care less about the story anymore - i read a gamespot article that said there would be 2 new multiplayer games. Knowingly i wouldnt have paid 17 bucks or so for a game ill never replay once im done with it if i finish it when it doesnt have any new multiplayer

I had this same problem with my X800. Try running the game in Windowed mode. Or try the Catalyst 6.4 Drivers (6.5 is the latest). You can find them at www.driverheaven.net (I think thats right).

That should fix your problem

TheDan said:
I had this same problem with my X800. Try running the game in Windowed mode. Or try the Catalyst 6.4 Drivers (6.5 is the latest). You can find them at www.driverheaven.net (I think thats right).

That should fix your problem
That worked for me!

Started the game in Windowed mode, and then went to fullscreen once it had loaded.

Thanks! :)

Back