GAME's HL2 Release Date

W

Whitter

Hi guys I pre-ordered HL2 from GAME's website http://shop.game.net/ and it said that the release date for the game was the 30 Sep which is what a thought it was, but this morning I got an email from them saying that the date has been changed to the 3 Aug now is this true if so I am really happy as the new date is a whole month earlier.

By the way GAME is run by the UK branch of EB, actually I think that all the english EB stores are now GAME stores.

I doubt very much that they would release it early even if they were done. It would make more sense to keep testing for bugs and maybe make things a bit better.
Someone actually asked Gabe in an e-mail asking if they would release it early if they thought it was done and he said they would keep testing. Read it in the Info From Valve Only Sticky post.
BZ just recently posted it.

Would be nice if it did though :)
:cheers:
Cheers!

Originally posted by Whitter
Hi guys I pre-ordered HL2 from GAME's website http://shop.game.net/ and it said that the release date for the game was the 30 Sep which is what a thought it was, but this morning I got an email from them saying that the date has been changed to the 3 Aug now is this true if so I am really happy as the new date is a whole month earlier.

By the way GAME is run by the UK branch of EB, actually I think that all the english EB stores are now GAME stores.

doubt it, i dont see the release date being moved to an earlier date.

valve said sept. 30th, why would they push it out so soon when they could take extra time and polish it until september?

hmm, i cant see it changed anywhere else...but im hopefull :)
but as Xtasy0 said. why would they release it eariler when they can polish it?

why would they push it out so soon when they could take extra time and polish it until september?

Thats what I thought, but since GAME sent me the email the morning I thought I would just ask to see if it offical or if anyone else has heard of this new date.

I just checked Play.com and Amazon.co.uk and there dates are still 30 Sep

Games in the UK are always released on a Friday, (in the same way that DVDs/CDs are always released on a Monday.)

Checking the calendar, the first friday after September 30th will be October 3rd. I'd guess that they (or you) have simply got the wrong month.

:rolling:

Yeah I got the email from game too. Maybe they got release info of CZ and HL2 mixed up, 'cos I seriously doubt HL2 comming out before Sept 30th.

Maybe they are releasing HL2 early to avoid CS:CZ but i this is unlikely as once everone has HL2 who the hell would want CZ??

They shouldnt be, because the Mod expo was supposed to be a sneak preview on the SDK and HL2.

"You know why we brought you here to the modexpo?"
"We want you to see HL2 for yourself"

"Dude get a life it was released 2 weeks ago"
So no its certainly not gonna be in august unless the SDK and Modexpo are rescheduled.

Ignore all retail release dates from anyone apart from the publishers themselves, it's just an attempt to get you to preorder from them.

<Pointless additional info>
Game in the UK is actually what used to be called Electroncis Boutique over here in the UK. It was a seperate company to the US Electronics Boutique. In order to avoid legal problems with the US firm the UK firm purchased all uk GAME stores and then merged all the uk GAME and EB stores into the name GAME. I think ....
</Pointless additional info>

Yep, never trust those damn online stores. Some of them actually has release date for Duke Nukem Forever.

Originally posted by FISKER_Q
They shouldnt be, because the Mod expo was supposed to be a sneak preview on the SDK and HL2.

"You know why we brought you here to the modexpo?"
"We want you to see HL2 for yourself"

"Dude get a life it was released 2 weeks ago"
So no its certainly not gonna be in august unless the SDK and Modexpo are rescheduled.

what is the date for the mod expo?

Originally posted by FatboyTim
Games in the UK are always released on a Friday, (in the same way that DVDs/CDs are always released on a Monday.)

Checking the calendar, the first friday after September 30th will be October 3rd. I'd guess that they (or you) have simply got the wrong month.

:rolling:

Uhh...no they're not. I've seen games released on wednesdays and mondays before.

Didn't EB UK and EB US have the same logos? How could they have not been affilliated?

True chris_D. Maybe it was the US eb and i just got spun a line but that means either EB bought Game and ditched their own name in the UK or alternativly EB sold all their UK stores.

Neither idea sounds likely to me.

Game in the UK licenced the EB name from the US EB. The deal ran out last year and so Game had to change all their EB stores to Game stores.

It looks like the real EB is going to come over to the UK in 2005 or so.

Of course it's likely.
The first option isn't. No one's gonna buy a company and ditch their own name. However if Electronics Boutique as a whole recieved an offer from Game to buy the UK division then why not? Go for it if it's beneficial.

Originally posted by Electrico
Uhh...no they're not. I've seen games released on wednesdays and mondays before.
...only when the shop breaks the friday release date, (which does happen but is getting rarer...) :hmph:

Yeah I think it was GTA Vice City, a shop near me called GameStation was supposed to release GTA:VC for the PS2 on the friday but I bought it from them on the wednesday... and on the friday the price was a little lower :rolleyes: worth it though.

Our local Gamestation (in Portsmouth) are quite notorious for breaking friday releases dates! :)

I got the email from GAME also....

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for 'Half Life 2' has changed to Aug-03.

Please don't worry, your order is still 'live' and will be despatched to you on the day prior to the revised release date, via your chosen method of shipping, unless you advise us to the contrary.

You will not be charged for your pre-order purchase until the order is despatched.

Thank you for using the GAME pre-order service.

I went to try and find the offical release date, but couldn't find it on either Sierra's or Valve's (where they don't even mention the game at all!) site's but I couldn't find any date at all.

I know Gabe and Valve have been saying Sept 30th for ages - but it would be nice if it actually said it somewhere offical... Maybe it has been moved to August....

:cheese:

i went to amazon.com and it said that hl2 would be shipped on Dec. 15. Did they just mess up or will i get it in december?

Originally posted by HeNdRiX
i went to amazon.com and it said that hl2 would be shipped on Dec. 15. Did they just mess up or will i get it in december?
ya i saw that awhile ago. i think they just messed it up but if they didnt then ppl will just not buy it from amazon then

Originally posted by Whitter
3 Aug, 30 Sep, 15 Dec whats wrong with the world!

I know - don't they realise that our lives revolve around the precise date, date and time that HL2 will be in our hands?

:p :thumbs:

sadly they cant even get one vid over steam what makes you think this game will come out on time sad....

its probably just a mistake, but if it every came out on aug 3 wooo i would go buck wild

Aug 3rd? No way. But this is one of those things I'd love to be wrong about.

Again I woke up this morning at I had an e-mail from GAME say that the release date for HL2 has changed yet again. Guess what it has changed to ... 30 Sep :dozey:

haha, well, i wouldnt trust them i bit. are u sure that ure even gonna get hl2? ;)

I also believe they have got the months mixed up

I got the email as well, looks like everything is set for 30-Sep again.

Oh well - false alarm! :dozey:

Back