Games like C&C Generals

scully

Reaction score
anyone know of any good games that are simular to C&C generals, i have 3 pcs at home and we all play lan games, we have played generals to death because its fun to build a base and an army and an airforce.. then hammer the crap outa eachother!!!

WE GOT BORED OF IT! and ive been searching for a simular game (new one) since.

any suggestions? we want to play Lan.. and have simular game play to generals

there seems to be a lack of that kind of game, Starcraft was fun.. but well dated, age of empires was ok.. all the c&c games were great.. NEED A NEW ONE NOW :sniper:

suggestions? :bounce:

Quite Old but Empire Earth is great fun, spanning the entire timeline in one match is great.

Age of Empires 2: The age of kings...old but still one of the best...Warcraft 3 is great too..

Either WH40K Dawn of War, which is brand new, or WC3 and it's expansion.

Warcraft 3, generals and Medieval: TW are the only modern RTS i have, and i strongly reccoment warcraft 3. Its very different from C+C generals, but its still really amazing. you should at least try it: its a refreshing variation. i used to play generals online loads (ive played over 300 matches online or something) but now i play WC3 :p

try Homeworld 2.

Not very similar (space RTS) but way beyond most RTS mentioned.

got homeworld 2.. not the sort of game we want, we want tanks.. buildin bases and killin eachother, got all the C&C games, zero hour etc..

most games seem to be rpg or 1st person shooters.. what happened to all the stratergy games with tanks and stuff :frown:

scully said:
we want tanks.. buildin bases and killin eachother, got all the C&C games, zero hour etc..
In that caes I'd recommend Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, it's one of the most fun RTS games I've played in ages. It's got tanks, you build bases and you kill each other
:E

"It is better to die for the emperor than live for yourself"

"I have awoken"

C&C generals was such a good game. Why the hell did it die out?

I recommend:
Command & Conquer
C&C: Red Alert
C&C: Tiberian Sun
C&C: Red Alert 2
And all the freaking expansion packs for these games :)

warhammer dawn of war is really cool u can download a demo for it

Raziel-Jcd said:
C&C generals was such a good game. Why the hell did it die out?

People have personal preferences, I like Generals a lot more than any other RTS out there right now. Probably most don't feel that way but I do.

Ground Control 2. It's like the Generals clone.

ground control is a legend, but i think dawn of war will be best. gc2 is unit orientated with NO resources, whereas DoW is.

scully said:
Games like C&C Generals

Do they?

:p

Do you have Zero Hour? I assume you do, but if you don't...then get it :D

Like everyone else, I say get Dawn of War...though its not really the same. For one, you don't have an airforce.

Homeworld 2 would be a good choice, but its a completely different style of gameplay.

Total War games...Also very differen, but fun none the less.

Other than that I'm not really sure. There are a few games which seem promising, but aren't actually out yet so...

i would say dawn of war if you want a new rts with a twist (capturing strategic points and whatnot). but if you want all out kickass deathmatch rts id say Age of Empires 2 my friends and i still play that, good game

Pureball said:
ground control is a legend, but i think dawn of war will be best. gc2 is unit orientated with NO resources, whereas DoW is.

But they did introduce a sort of resource for GC2 though didn't they? I mean you capture points and get money for it, which you can use to buy more soldiers and stuff, so it's almost a typical RTS mechanic.. At least that's what I vaguely recall from the demo. I didn't like the demo that much and I prefer GC1 to be honest.

oh and look out for "Lord of Rings: The battle for middle earth". Uses the Genrals engine and should be a good laugh. Im not a fan of lord of the rings but the game impresses me.

Edit:: Forgot to mention that its not out yet. Couple of months yet, but still :)

Back