Games People Need To Play, But Haven't

Um, as for me, it's:

Patapon - PSP (sequel comes out next month!!)
Elite Beat Agents - DS
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 1 and 2 - DS (import from Japan)

A few games I would recommend are:

1) Might & Magic 3 (Not Heroes of Might & Magic 3)
2) Ultima Underworld
3) AVP Gold (AVP2 sucked IMHO)
4) Nox
5) Kings Quest 1 - 5

Just to begin with.

-MRG

I don't know if you have,i just know that these games are underappreciated imo.

Evil Genius

Haha yes, I loved that game :D

Also, the original Spiderman game that came out way back in 2001. That game is SOOO much fun.

a Few Games I Would Recommend Are:

1) Might & Magic 3 (not Heroes Of Might & Magic 3)
2) Ultima Underworld
3) Avp Gold (avp2 Sucked Imho)
4) Nox
5) Kings Quest 1 - 5

Just To Begin With.

-mrg

Heresy!

Call of Cthulhu. Never even knew it existed before I watched 4playerpodcast play it.

Armed and Dangerous. Holy ****ing shit the Land Shark Gun is the best weapon ever conceived.

Deus Ex (its one of those games you hear about all the time, yet still very few people have actually played it)
I'll second that. Eight years on, this game still has a rabid fan community for a reason, people!

This is a personal one that no one would agree with, but Gunman Chronicles had great moments, It came out at the same time as the first HALO, had a drivable tank, configurable weapons, and a fairly decent if cheesy story, and some varied locations.

IMO its a forgotten piece of the HL1 engine.

I agree it was underated. It wasn't the greatest game but it was innovative and it was fun.

30i9dug.jpg

That was played far and wide enough, but it was an over-hyped mess of niggly micromanagement. So BOOO!

Or in more simple terms 'Peter Molyneux made it'.

What the **** is a niggly?

1.jpg

box-l.jpg

Beyond Good & Evil. Best game ever.

-dodo

QFT.

I would also add Thief III. Seriously, people hate on that game but it has the Shalebridge Cradle, the most SCARY, SHIT-YOUR-PANTS level ever created. Ever. :eek:

YES! My avatar was Beat from JGR for a long time.

Hell yea I love JGR, that game had so much style. Did you ever play future? I never got to but I heard it wasnt that great.

*begs sega for a sequel;(.

Okay, here's one that i'm sure close to no one has heard of: http://www.omf.com/.

To my knowledge, the only true 3d fighting game in existence. Considering how low profile it was, the graphics and music are pretty amazing and you don't even need any real skills to have fun. Just set up a 5vs5 with some bots + friends and go nuts. The game's essentially dead now, i bought a copy years ago. So if you use "questionable" means to obtain it, don't feel bad. I mean, you have nothing to lose by trying it :D.

I've heard of it and played it.
Bucket full of meh, the sequel was even shittier.
edit: Oh, that is the sequel, yeah... garbage.

This is the original.

The Half-Life series, I tell people about it... but they never heard about it.

They're too busy playing Gaylo, GoW, Madden, or any particular game.

Advent Rising

It's an amazingly epic game, written by Orson Scott Card, and very well designed. Even with the fancy pantsy games being released left and right this is by far one of my favourite games of all time. But very few people have ever heard of it :(

Advent Rising

It's an amazingly epic game, written by Orson Scott Card, and very well designed. Even with the fancy pantsy games being released left and right this is by far one of my favourite games of all time. But very few people have ever heard of it :(

What?
It was amazingly overhyped is what is what it was.

But, I bought it on Steam and loved it.

Advent Rising

= GOD

seriously, that was a good game.

and

Sly Cooper, I swear, nobody I know has ever heard of this game.

One of the coolest RTSes that I bet no one's even heard of.

7+ rating? You must be giving teddy bears candies in that game.

It's devoid of blood, gore, or any naughty language.

It's a terraforming RTS where the land is essentially your resources.

Back