Games shifting to Source

MacGraham

Reaction score
What game series do you think will or should move to the Source engine. With the Doom3 engine still in the distance and needing some serious kit to run it, some developers are bound to jump ship. I personally would like to see a new Soldier of Fortune with it. Imagine Ghoul and Havoc working together...awesome!

Any thoughts

Dark Forces... Lightsaber combat on source would be REALLY droolworthy.

they are already working with the engine, isnt the squel to that vampire rpg/fps thing going to be on the source?

Wahey! Quick reply is back :bounce:

Soldier of Fortune 3 would rock ass on the Source engine.

SOF2 was rather poor. Bad frame rates, unrealistic weapons and wtf was up with the people you killed making strange poses AFTER they'd hit the floor with a bullet in their face. They just sort of spazzed out.

Originally posted by Chris_D
Wahey! Quick reply is back :bounce:

Soldier of Fortune 3 would rock ass on the Source engine.

SOF2 was rather poor. Bad frame rates, unrealistic weapons and wtf was up with the people you killed making strange poses AFTER they'd hit the floor with a bullet in their face. They just sort of spazzed out.
I got hella good FPS on my computer. 1600x1200 with graphics cranked up to the max. Accept no anistropic filtering and etc...
I got 61-97 in the Columbian demo map.

that game had the best bulletwounds i have ever seen, man i remember really enjoying hitting those guys where it hurts, between the eyes :D---everything else was crap---man i hated that level with the truck, that was so crappy.

Oh yeah and i think it would rock on the source engine---and true sabrer action in source would look absolutely stunning, i think :)

For me SOF is the daddy when it comes down to shot impact. No other game has the same feeling of firepower when you hit someone. Enemies in other games just soak up gunfire with a few red sprites for blood. In SOF they literally get ripped apart, it actually felt bad to shoot the fallen bodies, well at first it did :) Imagine all that impact with ragdoll physics....lovely!!

Originally posted by Aknot
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!!!!
:)
YES! And then when Doom III comes out, it move it to that. Then it takes some time of course... I'm sure it will be 80% done or so untill HL3 comes out so it can upgrade to that.

Duke Nukem is going to look so old when is finally arrives. The last I heard it was based on the old Unreal engine. Mmm Nice :( If they moved it to Source everyone waiting would have a long long time to wait.

Originally posted by dawdler
YES! And then when Doom III comes out, it move it to that. Then it takes some time of course... I'm sure it will be 80% done or so untill HL3 comes out so it can upgrade to that.

I like the subtle sarcastic nature of this statement LOL

I'd like to see a Postal game on the Source engine. Postal 2 wasn't the best game ever, but it was entertaining for a while, and the physics system was quite good.

Originally posted by MacGraham
Duke Nukem is going to look so old when is finally arrives. The last I heard it was based on the old Unreal engine. Mmm Nice :( If they moved it to Source everyone waiting would have a long long time to wait.

;)

EDIT:

Originally posted by the same guy
I like the subtle sarcastic nature of this statement LOL

lol :D

The Sims...now theres an expansion pack. Kill the neighbours, see them explode. My new next door neighbour is Mr Strider. Hello Mrs Combine fancy a cup of tea. :)

Why--Jagged Alliance 3, of course.

I really hope Gabe gives it a thought.

The Sims...now theres an expansion pack. Kill the neighbours, see them explode. My new next door neighbour is Mr Strider. Hello Mrs Combine fancy a cup of tea.

:LOL:

Originally posted by MacGraham

i saw the dnf trailer with unreal engine, there's plenty of action, but the graphic sucks way too much and the game looks urgly. However, the latest news said that they switch the project on a heavily modified unreal2003 engine which will make dnf look much better. Still man, when hl2 comes out, i won't give a shit to dnf

Originally posted by gamevoodoo
i saw the dnf trailer with unreal engine, there's plenty of action, but the graphic sucks way too much and the game looks urgly. However, the latest news said that they switch the project on a heavily modified unreal2003 engine which will make dnf look much better. Still man, when hl2 comes out, i won't give a shit to dnf

Where did you hear that?????

Link???

Originally posted by trantjd
Where did you hear that?????

Link???

sorry, my bad, i just did research online and find out it's not ut2003 engine and it's just ut engine. but i remember I have read somewhere that says ut2003 engine, maybe i have bad memory.

see here( dnf official website ),
http://www.3drealms.com/duke4/index.html

it used to be some old screenshots and videos with the old engine there, but now it says:
Image Gallery & Downloads
The screenshots and videos that were here have been removed as they no longer represent the game's current look and feel. We will put more up at a later date.

btw, this is the system requirement for dnf on planetduk:
CPU: 450MHz
RAM: 64MB minimum, 128MB SDRAM + recommended
Distribution Media Drive: CD-ROM drive
Video System: Direct3D-enabled 3D card
Audio System: Windows 95/98 compatible sound card
Operating System: Windows 95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP
Network and Internet Setup: 28.8 kbps or higher modem using TCP/IP

Street fight used to rule when i was 6, but now i don't play it anymore even there's new version of street fight comes out. It could still be fun, but i just can't enjoy the 2D graphics anymore. The same thing works for dnk, it could still be a classic, but with today's videogames that raise the standard of graphics and gameplay so much, and i get used to new stuff, i don't think i will like to play dnf unless dnf have physics, dynamic lighting&shadowing, water effect, ragdoll etc.

i would like to see some world war 2 games on it.
Call Of Duty 2
MOHAA
WolfenStein

and then some modern war games
Vietcong 2
Deltaforce

some crazy scifi FPS
AVP
eliteforce
tribes

then some 3rd person titles
Jedi knight
MDK

and maybe a driving or fighting game

A game I'd like to see using the Source engine? Easy--Half-Life 2!

(You knew that one was coming.)

Seriously though, Freedom Force II. The first game had terrific interactivity and environmental destructibility. I can't imagine what it would be like with Source's juicy physics in action!

battlefield 1942! <anti EA rant>i'd much rather have a mod of that in source, than a glorified, prettier bf1942 sequel (bf:'nam) that could've easily been done if modders had been given the SDK. If the money-grabbing bastages at EA had given modders the tools they needed, instead of releasing two crappy expansions, bf could've HUGEEE...instead modders are reduced to just reskinning stuff, instead of doing actual modding of the engine. Valve knows better than to do this, which shows one of the reasons why hl1 was popular </endrant>

SOF2, GTA, UT, CS, TRIBES and so many more...But, my mind is blank... :(

Wheel of Time!

how could I have forgotton THAT?!?

yah a battlefield 1942 game with the source engine but too bad EA are a bunch of assholes and wont release the SDK

Raven will never make a Soldier of Fortune 3 on Source. They are Id's bitches. All of their games use the Quake 2, or Quake 3 engine. Guess what? Next game will be using the DooM III engine-so will SoF III:|

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Raven will never make a Soldier of Fortune 3 on Source. They are Id's bitches. All of their games use the Quake 2, or Quake 3 engine. Guess what? Next game will be using the DooM III engine-so will SoF III:|

Never say never, Source looks like a seriously good engine not only graphically but in scaling for lower end machines. The Doom 3 engine needs some power behind it. Developers may jump ship if they feel that the Doom 3 engine will cut out large potential markets.

I think that one reason for Dooms delay is the fact that they know that 75% of their customers do not have the kit to run it. The benchmarks I saw of Doom3 running on home market cards such as 9600's and 5600's were pretty bad. Unplayable on anything lower like a 5200. They're probably very happy that HL2 is coming out, if only to prepare the world's PC's.

Aaaaah god old Duke Nuken Forever.

My theory is the development team for DNF is being quiet like what Valve has done for the past 5 years.

No one knows what's going on with DNF but I think it's in a very new engine. Maybe even Source. But atleast UT2003 engine. It would have to be.

Oh and Tribes 3 for Source. but too late they are using UT2003 engine :(

The bullet detials on Sof2 are better then half-life 2. Do you guys think that to?

Fallout FPS

OffTopic, but thought ide mention that the developers of fallout are working on a new fallout title ATM. They have developed their own 3d engine for it. They were using the engine for a BG3 title, but that fell through and they are now working on a new fallout game.

Back