Games That Deserve Rebirth

A rebirth of the isometric Fallout would be great. Too bad it probably will never happen.

A remake of the isometric X-COM: UFO Defence would be great. I'm not against the new XCOM, but I still think it would be great to play both. Hoping to see the new game at E3 so should be interesting to see.

Anachronox, I mean come on. The end of the first one was just the beginning of an even more epic story...

Republic Commando. I would like an Imperial Commando plz.

I hope it hasn't! If we dont get a Prime for every generation of Nintendo consoles there will be hell to pay.

Well Retro Studios have moved on and the next Metroid game is taking a very different direction to Prime sooooo...I hope you enjoy the Collection as much as I do...

And I want to add the lack of Oddworld love in this thread ****ing disturbs me.

I would *LOVE* to see Raven's Hexen series make a comeback. In fact, almost 10 years ago I E-Mailed Raven Software and asked about a sequel to Hexen 2 or even a remake. The E-Mail I got back was that they planned on making a re-visit to the Hexen series sometime in the future. It's currently 2010 and it doesn't seem like they have plans for any Hexen titles anytime soon. If ever. The closest we'll ever see to a Hexen sequel is a Doom 3 Mod project called "Hexen: Edge of Chaos" which Raven has given their full blessings for. But I have been waiting 5 years for this Mod, and it doesn't seem like it'll get released anytime soon. In fact, I've been worrying that this project may get canned sooner or later since it's been worked on for so long. Of course, don't get me wrong I am grateful that they revisited the Quake series (I don't know why so many people hated Quake 4. I liked that game *alot*.) and the Wolfenstein series, but I hope they do another Hexen game in the future.

I would also like to see Epic do a re-make of the original Unreal, but unfortunately it seems like they've turned away from PC Gamers (and perhaps the Unreal series).......

I want to see a new BLACK, I heard there was one in the works a year ago and nothing since.

It's called Bodycount. Not exactly the same studio though, it's just the creator working on it with Codemasters. Would be great to see some footage at E3.

Also, hell yes Hexen.

Hexen and Heretic were awesome. I'd love to play something like that again. Also, Blood.

It was already done.

Hexen and Heretic were awesome. I'd love to play something like that again. Also, Blood.

Sequels, or remakes to all three would be awesome.

However neither Monolith or Raven give a shit about them.
Since Raven let one of their more recent series (SoF) die a horrible death, why would they care about old Hexen and Heretic?

I always wanted a sequel to Take No Prisoners (a top-down shooter with adventure elements), but yeah, you are right. Raven sucks these days.

I'd love to see another Metroid Prime, or some open source port of it to PC.

What pisses me off is that Metroid Prime, despite receiving deserved praise from everyone and being the most atmospheric thing to happen to gaming, had bascially no impact on the genre. CoD MW comes out, everyone copies the template, and we're inundated with poo. Metroid Prime should have spawned a first person adventure revolution.

Sequels to Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Rune, Star Wars: Republic Commando, Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, and Emperor: Battle for Dune would be extremely welcome to me.

I'm actually very surprised that EA hasn't made a sequel to the Dune RTSes yet.

I'm actually very surprised that EA hasn't made a sequel to the Dune RTSes yet.

Actually I hope they do a sequel to Generals, but I'm sure they haven't forgotten about Dune either.

However I hope they learned their lesson with that pile of shit called C&C4 UGH...

What pisses me off is that Metroid Prime, despite receiving deserved praise from everyone and being the most atmospheric thing to happen to gaming, had bascially no impact on the genre. CoD MW comes out, everyone copies the template, and we're inundated with poo. Metroid Prime should have spawned a first person adventure revolution.

Exactly. I'll try not to sound like a fanboy here- but although CoD is a pretty nice game, I've never seen another Metroid Prime-ish game.

Nintendo classified it as a "First Person Adventure" compared to a "First Person Shooter". I agree- because the objective wasn't to completely ****ING KILL EVERYTHING like most FPS games today- it was more of to progress through the game, and to get to the next boss/zone/powerup.

What pisses me off is that Metroid Prime, despite receiving deserved praise from everyone and being the most atmospheric thing to happen to gaming, had bascially no impact on the genre.
This is an old, old story (and its name is 'System Shock' :p). But seriously, nobody had a Gamecube. As simple as that.

nobody had a Gamecube
1274494257921.png

No one copied the Modern Warfare "template," Modern Warfare copied the style of the several Call of Duty games before it... however - it set it in a modern setting and shined up the story aspect. The gameplay is a carbon copy of the CoD action from years ago. It was always good but the WW2 thing was milked to death like Darkside's penis during American Idol.

The more I think about it, the less I want to see Homeworld again. The game's allure the first time around was the story pretty much 100%, the expansion and sequel, while considerably more fun to play, couldn't give the same epic feeling the original did. I'm not sure if I said this or not, but they need to bring back 10Six. That game had the best premise for gameplay and design for any MMO to this day - yet it was gone before anyone could even enjoy it thanks to poor advertising, shitty server management, and just a sheer lack of design focus. It had aspects of FPS and RPG elements along with some RTS and base building... resource management... and plenty of good times when something was actually happening.

Sequels, or remakes to all three would be awesome.

However neither Monolith or Raven give a shit about them.
Since Raven let one of their more recent series (SoF) die a horrible death, why would they care about old Hexen and Heretic?

Well, according to what I've been told at the Project Origin Community forums, Monolith lost the I.P. rights for their Blood series. Sucks, since I would love a third installment into the series. I loved the first one (despite the unpatched version being buggy) but the problem I saw with the second was that it's engine felt too broken for me.

This is what pisses me off about the current gen. Every developer wants what everyone else has rather than trying something original these days.

BTW, I've never played MW and have no desire to.

Holy **** that video always gives me goosebumps.

Freelancer needs to be either a sequel or a reimagining

Indeed, it's a shame the sequel that was in development(by the original devs I might add) for the XB360 got canned, it could have been great.

Gunstar Heroes - HD, with more insane gun combos and more of the boss battles that make your eyes water. Also, Outrun 3, with the same basic `drive and drift` gameplay, but an whole arseload more tracks and more varied cars. Blimey, I think I need some alone time.

Well, according to what I've been told at the Project Origin Community forums, Monolith lost the I.P. rights for their Blood series. Sucks, since I would love a third installment into the series. I loved the first one (despite the unpatched version being buggy) but the problem I saw with the second was that it's engine felt too broken for me.
I didn't see this post before but I was also a Blood fan back in the day. I tried a demo version of Blood 2 a few years back and it was broken beyond belief. The 3D enemy models just wasn't "Blood". I would rather have a version of Blood 1 with sprites and 3D backgrounds, but with much more resolution. The 600x900 I think was the max resolution for the DOSbox version and let's just say it doesn't look as good as I remembered it to be to say the least.

There's just something about the 2D sprite animations in the original Blood that was so much fun the 3D models in the second just couldn't match.

blood 2 is one of the worst games ever made. it doesn't even work.

rageface.png

The first Blood was excellent indeed, and they should not touch the original graphics and sound. Resolution boost would really be all it needs, maybe some more fancy lighting (dynamic shadows, etc) as long as it didn't change the look too much.

Back