Games you were looking forward to, but were nevr released

Starcraft 2
Starcraft ghost
Duke nukem forever
Mafia 2
A sequel for starlancer (and i'm not talking about freelancer)

Half-Life 10 :O
Actually I can't think of any atm (I would have said TF2 but it is coming out
dancemo9.gif
). I generally don't follow games very closely until they have a release date. (Valve games being the exception)

Mafia's online component, it was on the box but they pulled it out at the last moment, would've been awesome to play Mafia online

Half-life and Halo for Macs

half-life was in development but was cancelled by sierra ..Halo was originally a mac exclusive till bungie was bought by Microsoft

a game called asylum where you played a contestant in a haunted asylum and you had 24 hours to find a way out .....looked creepy and quite good

Coulda swarn i played a demo of that but could never find it released. like forever ago.

Mafia 2 (ftmfw)
Max Payne 3 woulda been awesome.
Duke Nukem Forever (i still have hope)
KingPin 2
An interstate 76 sequal that didnt suck.
Monkey Island 5
A propper sam and max 2 (none of this episodes crap(i'll still buy it tho :p))
Full throttle 2 (though i got the impression its current build looked crap) (i want point and click damnit)

I have more but not comming to mind atm...

Alien Breed 2k4... looked bloody fantastic, it resembled Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance quite a bit, except set it in the future.

Bleh.

2player.jpg

Duke Nukem Forever
Stalker
Deus Ex 3

Man what i would do for a Deus Ex 3.

The final Shenmue for the Dreamcast, the first are like two of the best I have ever played, but then the Dreamcast went out of business and the story was never finished! The biggest gaming scandel ever!

Star Wars: Obi-Wan for the PC. Was going to be amazing. You could control the lightsaber with your mouse. It sounded wonderful. Then it was cancelled:(

I was so pissed when they retooled it for the X-Box and ruined the lightsaber control system. CURSE THEM

always going to be StarCraft: Ghost. I've been looking forward to that since they first even released hype info about it.

Alien Breed 2k4... looked bloody fantastic, it resembled Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance quite a bit, except set it in the future.

Bleh.

2player.jpg

I remember playing a mod that looked JUST like that for UT04, and it was shit.

Are you sure it was actually cancelled? :p

I remember playing a mod that looked JUST like that for UT04, and it was shit.

Alien Swarm?

Are you sure it was actually cancelled? :p

I don't think it was officially stated but I've read at various sites and people there wrote that it was cancelled. The last time I heard about the game was in 2003, obviously something happened.

Oh and yeah, I would also like to add Outcast 2 to the list.

StarControl II (with today's technology)
Desert Strike (with today's technology)
Dungeon Keeper 3
DragonLance - Neverwinter Nights
Silpheed for X360
WoW here in Brazil (Damn!)

Also like to add The Thing 2. They should have made one. The ending pissed me off just as much as the film's ending, not knowing who was "who". I wanna know what happens to Blake and R.J. dammit!!!!

Back