Gamespot review in 12 hours

K

klsx2001

another 12 hours to a great, reputable review.9.8, COME ON!!!!

One would hope so. A 9.8 would reinforce my view that this game is gonna be a groundbreaker. but in any case, this game is mine in 24 hours.

actually a 9.6 would be realistic, it would require 4 10s and a 9 i think.

Eep! How'd you know it's coming in 12 hours?

/me missed something during sleepy time no doubt

Goto their website. ;)

Gamespy also has their review plus other articles tomorrow noon as well.

Whats the big deal about gamespot? Are they renouned for accurate, entertaining reviews?

Actually - once gamespot posts their brutal review, people can relax, because other sites are less harsh.

Everyone has given HL2 reviews in the 93.5 to 100% range, 4's and 5's out of 5, 9's and 10's out of 10.
So, yes, if Gamespot rates high, I WANT HALF-LIFE 2 it is le best. :p

UKchaos2 said:
Whats the big deal about gamespot? Are they renouned for accurate, entertaining reviews?
You must have meant "renowned". ;)
And no they're not. The best reviews I read are from PC Gamer and IGN.

10 Maybe one reviewer will actually see how defining Half-Life2 is. Theres nothing out there that even comes close to how ground breaking Half-Life2 is. Every game will have to have physics that are part of gameplay. Advanced animation systems. Not just facial but procedural physics animations like walking striders. There is so much this game is doing no one else has tried and it does it so flawlessly how can they give it something other then 10.

DigiQ8 said:
why i cant see any countdown =\

You must be a gamespot complete member.

log off, and you'll see it.

Edit: lol, we have the same sig. George broussard rocks! :D

It is awesome isn't it. It's a lot more deeply awesome than say, Doom III's graphics. It is more than that.
And I can't see the countdown either. All it says is
HRS: NaN MIN: NaN SEC: NaN

:p

Sparta said:
or a basic member

Basic members and guests can see it. Complete members say that the countdown meters are "ads". So GS removed these for them.

lans said:
You must be a gamespot complete member.

log off, and you'll see it.

Edit: lol, we have the same sig. George broussard rocks! :D
oh i see it now :D
And Yes George broussard r0x0rz teH b!g oNe !!!!1oneoneone :D

Actually it kinda depends on who reviews the game. Many say Greg Kasavin, probably the most senior guy there, reviews the most harshly. He was the one who gave Pacific Assault its 8.3 and Doom III's 8.5.

Yeah - Greg kavasin would prolly give this game a borderline 9 - something like 9.0 or even in the 8s (8.5 - 8.9)

But if it's someone different, then hopefully it might be higher. I at least want hl2 to get more than far cry.

Who reviewed Halo 2? Just curious... in the review it got beat to shit but still got away with a 9.4.

ThrasherX9 said:
Who reviewed Halo 2? Just curious... in the review it got beat to shit but still got away with a 9.4.

That was Greg Kasavin as well. I notice that he tends to beat up a game quite a bit during the review, but give the game a somewhat fair score at the end of it all.

ThrasherX9 said:
Greg Kasavin reviewed Halo 2,
i HL2 will get 9.5 from GS

Damn, Halo 2's video review was like 20 minutes long, i wonder how long HL2's video review'll be. Those are quick informative and sometimes somewhat funny, if its done by screwballs like Alex Navarro.

I hope That guy who reviewed Far cry does it. He gives marks, easily!

But don't we want a tough review? the real fair deal? :O

lans said:
I hope That guy who reviewed Far cry does it. He gives marks, easily!

But don't we want a tough review? the real fair deal? :O

That's a point. Given the choice, I'd rather have a reviewer who kicks the crap out of the game, to balance out all the positive reaction the game is getting.

In my countdown box it says:
This review is LIVE
Makes you think its up. But it isnt...or is it....no i dont think it is.

Javert said:
You must have meant "renowned". ;)
And no they're not. The best reviews I read are from PC Gamer and IGN.

IGN? They just hype every game to hell, then give it a 9.x when it comes out, since they publishers pay for the ads on thier page. They used to be great.

Back