Gamespy's Game of the Month goes to...

ZeeM said:
This is what is Steam useful for :)
Having Steam "guarantees" (note the quotes) that everyone has all the updates as they come out

i do agree, but if your rating a game, you can't factor in things that might be, for all we know, steam might die in a week and the entire community gets nuked (i know its not going to, so don't flame, its an example), they have to rate it on the game they have right then and there in their hands.

... and breathe. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Guys, neither game is revolutionary. Both are more evolutionary: they follow the same tried and true formulas as their ancestors, but they each added something new and different. To be honest, I don't think that Halo's dual weapon system is really that innovative (GoldenEye had dual-weapons here and there), but it was simply the first time it was properly executed.

The thing that needs to be realized that the entire game review business is nothing but some guy's opinion. It's my opinion that Halo 2 pales in comparsion to Half-Life 2. I like Halo 2, but I thought the story was convoluted and stupid at times. I can really care less about multiplayer.

But see that's my opinion and it obviously conflicts with a lot of others. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed by the Halo fanboys for thinking that Halo is less than perfect.

The point is that even though we've got conflicting opinion we're going to have to learn to live with it because it'll be a cold day in heck when everybody thinks the same.

JamesPicard_007 said:
The thing that needs to be realized that the entire game review business is nothing but some guy's opinion. It's my opinion that Halo 2 pales in comparsion to Half-Life 2. I like Halo 2, but I thought the story was convoluted and stupid at times. I can really care less about multiplayer.
Gamespy pratically admit that Half-Life 2's Single Player is better than Halo 2's... But Halo 2's Multiplayer is supposedly far, far better than Half-Life 2's. What I'm interested in, is the fact that a lot of reviewers would probably say that this year's biggest MP release was UT2004... Will we end up with 3 GOTYs? (I mean, I can't see HL2 winning now that many have made it clear they prefer Halo 2 as the overall better package, and UT2004 has laughable SP...)
Single Player GOTY: HL2
Multiplayer GOTY: UT2004
Overall GOTY: Halo 2

?

Back