Garry's Mod - Messed Up

Rock

Reaction score
I recently got the usual Garry's Mod memory error and I searched the internet for help on what to do. I found this video (youtube)/watch?v=-g8oQG4Uhwg, which contains a list of steps on what to do when this memory error occurs. I did the first four steps without any result. I asked my friends who also seemed to have the same problem, but I already did what the video told me.
The next day, gmod atleast ran, but...
...every window on menu including the menu list was stacking backwards. So if I for instance move the console, it appears behind everything else and the menu appears at the top. Not enough with that. When I start a game or join a multiplayer game, the graphics are terrible along with the water being non textured. When I open the context, well, let's just say that it's incredibly messed up in every way with invisible things turning visible and then invisible again. Also the hud (depth hud) is messed up with invisible and visible areas turning visible and invisible. This probably isn't all that's weird. I'm now launching the game with -dxlevel 9 so that shouldn't be the problem.

What I realized, after doing some more search on the same problem, is that the video I found on youtube isn't all correct.

Youtube Video said:
4. Go to steam, go to the game/mod's that are messed up. Right click, go to Properties, Set launch options, and type in " +mat_forcehardwaresync 0 +snd_async_prefetch_priority" ( without the "").

Cattivo071 @ Halflife2.net said:
Copy and paste the following AFTER the above line:

+mat_forcehardwaresync 0 +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1

Could the missing 1 after +snd_async_prefetch_priority have caused all the extreme messing up of the game perhaps? In that case what to do?

I've re-installed gmod by removing the content, installed, canceled steam, removed folder, removed content, installed and probably everything related to reinstall you can name.

Help please?

Booting with -autoconfig fixed it. Please close the topic. (Why didn't I think of that before reinstalling steam? D:<)

Back