Garry's mod will sold through Steam

CrazyHarij said:
Seems abit selfish when other mods aren't charging.

Not really, most mods out there now are still in Beta.

About a few months ago, Valve asked Garry if he wanted his mod sold over Steam. He refused. Then Valve went back to him and offered him the entire Source code. He accepted.

He's starting from scratch right now. G-Mod V10 will not have text corruption, annoying sounds that don't go away, prop clipping, crashes, or as much lag is there is now.

Gmod is a game FFS but maybe there's some people who want to look smart on the internet and point out that it's technically incorrect to call it a game.

Yeah Garry's mod isn't a game it's either work, a game development program, a photo manipulation program or a web browser.

It's a game for crying out loud.

http://forum.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=125174
Jesus Christ, he must be using one kick ass computer.

On second thought I've had so much fun playing this game, it's well worth $10 US, seen as I've paid more for games which are far, far worse.

I'll only consider getting it, if it has something very very speical over the free version.

Angry Lawyer said:
Then don't buy it, pricks. He's put a whole lot of hard work into it, unpaid. It's about time he got a little reimbursement for his efforts. Christ sake, he's been working on it constantly for god-knows-how-long to produce this mod, and people sit there and berate him.

You're all assholes.

-Angry Lawyer
:D Fab. Not to mention a good point.
Although to be honest, I'm not sure quite how willing people will be to pay for GMod, even if it does have bells and whistles, nobs and shiny bits.

theSteven said:
Gmod is a game FFS but maybe there's some people who want to look smart on the internet and point out that it's technically incorrect to call it a game.

Yeah Garry's mod isn't a game it's either work, a game development program, a photo manipulation program or a web browser.

On second thought I've had so much fun playing this game, it's well worth $10 US, seen as I've paid more for games which are far, far worse.

Thats one CRAZY robot!

Sparda said:
Good on him i think he will do very well, But will not bye it from steam for the simple reason i have not credit card, i might from stores thouh

You sir, are walking the thin line between human and emo, i suggest you pick a side :|

I am refferring(sp?) to the sig of course..

theSteven said:

Notice that the robot shoots those giant, heavy cargo containers like they were ping-pong balls! I wouldn't have thought that the hl2 physics engine was capable of such a thing.

Garry said:
From the response I am getting since the dissension to sell my mod makes me what to shut down all the free versions, then maybe you all will be more appreciative.
Go Garry

I still have my old copy of Gmod installed, I'll just keep that and I can play it for free as long as I want!

And no, I'm not paying for gmod

Sparda said:
Garry said:
From the response I am getting since the dissension to sell my mod makes me what to shut down all the free versions, then maybe you all will be more appreciative.
Go Garry
Garry, im with you all the way on that one.

Murray said:
Haha, just like DoD:Source, Ragdoll Kung Fu and Darwinia, I will surely not buy this either. There is almost no person I know of that likes to play GMod anyway, so meh.

I dont know anyone that DOESN'T enjoy G-mod....

theroadtonowhere said:
I dont know anyone that DOESN'T enjoy G-mod....
Same hear. i am a very big fan of the Gmod, i play it all the time, I and my brother bild bases and then kill one an other, fight 100 metro cops with crowbars, make funny screen-shots, bash each other with an Ant lion (<==Very fun) and even play hidden in a way.

Whats not to like?

Murray said:
Haha, just like DoD:Source, Ragdoll Kung Fu and Darwinia, I will surely not buy this either. There is almost no person I know of that likes to play GMod anyway, so meh.
You must not know many people then!!!

erg toughy. on 1 hand, he has slaved over it probaly. sure he didnt make any new models, but as far as i no, hes the only 1 i no that worked on it. so kudos to him for that. on the other, its just a mod, much like cs. are u willing to pay for cs? then y not garrys mod. i wont because its not a total conversion and not worth $20 or w/e. but if he made a serious improvement like cs, then yeh ill pay w/e for it. well crud this was a waste of space. sure id buy it. ;p

Back