Genuine Far Cry cd key invalid?

FictiousWill

Reaction score
So I go to load up Far Cry and try some multiplayer. The first server I enter is great, I like the slow paced gameplay etc etc.

Then I go about my day. Later in the evening I fire up Far Cry multi again. Now I get "cd-key invalid" errors all over the place.

My copy of Far Cry came from newegg.com with my new chip and mobo. I can only assume that somebody in the newegg warehouse copies these cd keys and distributes them.

Do I have any options as a genuine Far Cry owner? I have a genuine Far Cry disk, paid for by newegg. I should have a unique cd key. What happens in cases like this? How can I possibly prove to ubisoft or whomever that my key is original or my disk is real? What steps can I take to get this resolved?

I don't know if this still counts, but is there a proof of purchase on the manual? If they'd believe it :\. I mean, that's what proof of purchase is, proof that you purchased the game so yeah... I guess call their tech support and ask if the proof of purchase means anything, and get a new copy.

Far Cry multiplay is shit... it does crap like that.

The 1.2 patch fixes a lot of it supposedly... :x

I have the 1.2 patch, and the cd and the cd key sticker is all I got from newegg. No manual or upc.

Oh wow..... so the cd key was just loose? That's kinda bad...

yea, my friend has the same problem with the exact same situation, as in he ordered it from new egg and his mp is kinda screwy, but anyway you probably mean the 1.1 patch for that's the latest one

:| Remember it's Ubisoft, they mess stuff up a lot. You in a LAN?

Call tech support, they will give you a new key if you tell them your current.

lol.. jesus! it did that exact same shit way back in the beta.. they said they would fix it back then lol.. gj crytek :thumbs:

Ubisoft are crap with CD-key stuff... My first copy of far cry didnt even have the CD key printed where it normally should be.

Them screenies I took are on a 9800pro, ATi haven't sent me my X800XT yet (still) ;(

Get a good fps at that res tho, not got fraps but it never gets choppy so it must be over 50 or so.

Back