George Freeman. The issue at hand.

I

intchar

I would like to bring to the attention of all the problem as it stands with Half Life 2. I haven't seen this addressed anywhere on any boards or news sites, and I can't understand why when it has always been so clear.

Only after all the media footage was released did it become obvious to Vivendi of a serious issue that affects the image of the game and it's connotations - at which point they informed Valve but were somewhat ignored.

The existing (and very impressive) model of Gordon Freeman looks just like George Michael. I suspect this may have even been joked about inside Valves offices after Vivendi notified them that this was not acceptable ... until it was realised how seriously this may reflect on the game.

A demonstration of this model in motion and full animation makes absolutely clear how similar the virtual Gordon Freeman is to the very real George Michael.

Valve are working very hard to come up with a concept face model that will not appear too obviously different, while bearing no resemblance to the flamboyant singer - and still looking baddass cool.

The issue is demonstrated in this helpful image:
GeorgeFreeman.jpg
(This is on a small server, so have some patience).

It's my understanding that there are also be some PR issues for George Michael regarding a game character in his splitting image that smashes things with a crowbar and shoots people and aliens with military weaponry.

now that's damn hilarious. would be funny if it was true.

take freeman's glasses off and he looks more like ralph fiennes or however you spell it

drinky drinky

Hmmm, that is an interesting point but do we know for certain that this was actually a problem that they (Vivendi and Valve) have realized?

I almosy laughed at that.....ALMOST. Hell theres nothing else to talk about so good topic id say lol. Thx for the new info on y HL2 has been banned, see if you can get one of the news guys to post it on the front page.<----Sarcasm.

WRONG.
Gordon Freeman is actually my Pascal teacher. I would post a photo but I am without scanner.

that is so funny...but MAN george gives gordon a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD name, look, sexuality, and beard

They look nothing like each other going on those photos.. the one on the right is a small similarity but it's more George looking like Freeman rather than George looking like George.

If anything comes of this then you have to cringe.

haha. and we wonder why theres a furore every time some new "news" comes out. you people r gullible :p

They both have beards... I don't see the resemblence otherwise.

But even their beards are different. Anyway, you only see Gordon in concept art... never in the actual single player game (though I think his model is in multiplayer, if they retain that aspect).

Plus, they really don't look alike.

Back