German CS:Source Translation Anyone?

wako

Reaction score
Erik Johnson and Jesse Cliffe spoke on the video. There was also alot of narration during the video. I for one do not speak any German. Does anyone know a place where someone actually went through the time and translated the whole damn thing?

hmm... can you give me a direct link to it? I can see new about CS:S btu i do not see any translation! >.<

Ok, well here's what they say on csbanana:

Note: English translated to German translated back to English by a German might not get you the best translation ever, but you should be able to get the new information the video supplied ;)

Erik Johnson Interview I: (1:08)
We see the product as another step in the development of the current Counter-Strike which is why I think it would be wrong to see it as a sequel. It is rather a way for our users to experience the game which they have been playing for so many years in the Source engine. There won't be, at least with the initial release, any new gameplay elements or other major changes different to the current CS release.

Jess Cliffe Interview: (2:17)
We have been thinking a lot about what kind of things we could do with the source engine. The size of the maps can be ten times bigger than what they are now, you can really make them as big as you want and create huge outside areas which wasn't possible with the Half-Life engine. We always wanted to create jungle maps, big forrests and urban maps which don't just have a few alleys. With source we can build cities with miles and miles of alleys. It really changes the way we go at designing maps. We are not ... (part hearable in the video)

The source engine's pysics engine is well integrated influencing the tactics of a game. You can for example build a barrier with a table to stop opponents. VALVe is experimenting on how many new objects will be placed into the levels...
Erik Johnson Interview II: (4:04)
...That is something we will definately explore until the game's release and continue to do after its release. Physics in a multiplayer game is, because of different reasons, an interesting problem. Looking at it from the technical point and the designers point of view. It will be a base from the players, things won't feel static any more. You don't feel like moving through a picture, objects react as the would do in reality. Barrels tilt or rubbles are flying by you after an explosion.

The version shown in the video is still being tweaked, textures for example are still being improved. CS Source will soon be available as a free add on for everyone who buys Half-Life 2. Its release date is getting closer but VALVe won't provide us with a better release date than...

Erik Johnson Interview III: (5:02)
...Summer

Back