Getting a girlfriend.

I cant be bothered to read this topic since it always turns out the same. All I can say is to remember that girls are human beings too, they think very simularly to you e.g there are many girls on this board who like hl2. You're obviously going for stupid girls, the very fact your worrying about it reaks out and effects your self estime, your confidence and your life in general.... thinking in the long term here. You got to stop worrying about it, just go around talking to people as you do talk to girls as you do to boys, find a girl your attracted to and actually do something about it just talk to her and find out more about her, be interested in what she says and notice how she reacts to you blah blah blah... Do something nice but dont be her bitch and dont let it control your life but make sure she knows you care, then just well use the usual tricks to suggest you like her and take her out and shit you get the point. You can do what you want really thats just an example route, just remember a girl=a boy with a few obvious differences such as trying to break through girl's social circles and stuff which requires self estime and confidence which you lose if you put too much effort into getting a girlfriend and then put yourself down and stuff. Anyway ive written far too much and it makes no sense but well thats my random thoughts on this topic

I got a "girlfriend" but also a lot of female friends. and sometimes.. you'll just see that the girls are even better friends then the guys. because us guys are so easily attracted to anything that looks nice, and leave friends for it.

Bullseye said:
I got a "girlfriend" but also a lot of female friends. and sometimes.. you'll just see that the girls are even better friends then the guys. because us guys are so easily attracted to anything that looks nice, and leave friends for it.
I agree, I think my..er..girl friends are much better friends than any male friends I've ever had.

Especially when it comes to intelligence.

The Dark Elf said:
I don't get it.. It's a thread asking how to get a girlfriend, yet most seem to be avoiding the posts made by the girls.. I would have thought they know best with regards how to impress girls, being girls n all.

Or maybe thats just me, maybe Jim Single elsewhere in the thread knows it all, which is why he's single and posting advice on getting a girlfriend, and being single proves he knows what to do.. I'm so in awe of his experience.....

-

But really, do you want a girlfriend or do you just want to have sex with someone of the opposite sex? I think a lot of younger people seem to get confused between the two, simply having a girlfriend just for showing off and getting laid.

I agree wid this. many pple see relationships as "sex" :rolleyes:

i have a gf bcoz i love her. its simple as that. getting laid is a part of the relationship but its not my purpose of having her. i respect her and the same in return.

If i didnt have a gf and i wanted to get laid just for fun, id go for some quality hoe's instead. :naughty:

:hmph: Might post something, but having lived my last week, I think I deserve to kill myself before posting here

Getting women is easy, it's keeping the ones you want that's hard.

To get a women...don't be a pussy, gain confidence and go out. Walk up to the girl you want to date, say hi, how are you doing, and after a few short responses later, ask for her phone number straight up.

She says no or something along those lines, **** her, she'll never go out with you. Move on.

When you go out, eye-contact = key. But most of all, do something where you can get the conversation going which essentially makes her think "this guy isn't boring" i.e. don't go to a movie.

The absolute key to dating to gauge her interest level is at the end of the date to just go for a kiss. (of course, not if the date was an absolute disaster) but go for the kiss. She gives you a cheek, or just pushes you away...launch her. It means shes not really interested in you, and girls don't "learn" to be interested in you. If they don't like you off the bat there's a 99% chance you'll never get with her.

Never tell her how you feel, as this makes the whole "mystery" part that women love completely disappear. You tell a girl right off the bat how you feel and almost always she'll end up not bieng with you because you are no challenge, and she knows it.

Building confidence is pretty easy. Just do something like go around school/mall and purposely try to make eye contact w/ every woman that passes you by. And hold it..don't look away when she looks. But don't smile (only smile/say hi if she does it first) It's hard at first, but it builds confidence once you get through. Also helps to try an initiate conversation with anyone you meet in your life. Standing around waiting for something and there's a 60 yr old lady there? Talk to her. No..not because you want to get in her pants (unless you like that sort of thing..ugh..) but just to get a conversation going for just the sole purpose of "practice".

People don't just "turn on" confidence and become players. It takes practice, it takes time, and it certainly pays off in the end.

Homless Snark said:

To get a women...don't be a pussy, gain confidence and go out. Walk up to the girl you want to date, say hi, how are you doing, and after a few short responses later, ask for her phone number straight up.

She says no or something along those lines, **** her, she'll never go out with you. Move on.

When you go out, eye-contact = key. But most of all, do something where you can get the conversation going which essentially makes her think "this guy isn't boring" i.e. don't go to a movie.

The absolute key to dating to gauge her interest level is at the end of the date to just go for a kiss. (of course, not if the date was an absolute disaster) but go for the kiss. She gives you a cheek, or just pushes you away...launch her. It means shes not really interested in you, and girls don't "learn" to be interested in you. If they don't like you off the bat there's a 99% chance you'll never get with her.

Never tell her how you feel, as this makes the whole "mystery" part that women love completely disappear. You tell a girl right off the bat how you feel and almost always she'll end up not bieng with you because you are no challenge, and she knows it.

Building confidence is pretty easy. Just do something like go around school/mall and purposely try to make eye contact w/ every woman that passes you by. And hold it..don't look away when she looks. But don't smile (only smile/say hi if she does it first) It's hard at first, but it builds confidence once you get through. Also helps to try an initiate conversation with anyone you meet in your life. Standing around waiting for something and there's a 60 yr old lady there? Talk to her. No..not because you want to get in her pants (unless you like that sort of thing..ugh..) but just to get a conversation going for just the sole purpose of "practice".

People don't just "turn on" confidence and become players. It takes practice, it takes time, and it certainly pays off in the end.

I will practique that
especially the sight thing,everytime I see a girl to the eyes I turn my eyes fast
so hold the eyes meang that you are interesed on the person?
I ask cuz I remenber many times some girls look me and keep looking at me so that can meang they are interesed?
but still is a bit stressing cuz I feel like stalked :p

<RJMC> said:
I will practique that
especially the sight thing,everytime I see a girl to the eyes I turn my eyes fast
so hold the eyes meang that you are interesed on the person?
I ask cuz I remenber many times some girls look me and keep looking at me so that can meang they are interesed?
but still is a bit stressing cuz I feel like stalked :p

No it doesn't show that you like them. Holding eye contact (when its a random person walking) just gives a sense of confidence.

Now don't expect anything, i mean girls don't go afterwards to their girlfriends and go "omg i'm so going out with this guy because he stared at me." It's just a sub-concious event that shows that you have confidence, which is what is the major factor involved in getting women.

But if it's eyecontact when your on a date it's much more meaningfull because it's basically saying to the girl "you are my world right now and i am paying full attention to you." which is what girls love.

If girls keep looking at you however that's generally a sign of interest. (not dating that is) Things like very slightly dialated pupils...attempts at "touching", excessive laughing, and even a slight change in her normal tone of voice are all signs of interest.

Homless Snark said:

way to go Mr. Loveguy! U have just revealed some secrets of being a smooth chick magnet! :cheers:

one of my best friends is a girl and she went out with this guy who was cheating on her and so i confronted him about it in school, we got in a fight and we both got suspended for 3 days (oh how I love highschool)

Also being funny will get you ladies.. but dont be to funny like someone else said or else the girl will just think your a "goofball" the girl I was talking about (the one whos bf i got in a fight with) i liked her but i was just like to overly nice and funny she just thought i was a clown, so i gotta settle with best friends
(for now) :cool:

Homless Snark said:

Very true, all of that.

:)

Homless Snark said:
No it doesn't show that you like them. Holding eye contact (when its a random person walking) just gives a sense of confidence.

Now don't expect anything, i mean girls don't go afterwards to their girlfriends and go "omg i'm so going out with this guy because he stared at me." It's just a sub-concious event that shows that you have confidence, which is what is the major factor involved in getting women.

But if it's eyecontact when your on a date it's much more meaningfull because it's basically saying to the girl "you are my world right now and i am paying full attention to you." which is what girls love.

If girls keep looking at you however that's generally a sign of interest. (not dating that is) Things like very slightly dialated pupils...attempts at "touching", excessive laughing, and even a slight change in her normal tone of voice are all signs of interest.

wow you are graduated in the university of love of what?

your tips make a lot of sense

please tell more

Too bad you couldn't've given them 3 weeks ago eh?

<RJMC> said:
wow you are graduated in the university of love of what?

your tips make a lot of sense

please tell more

Nah, i've just come to many realizations through time (i'm only 19). Courting and Dating a women is just one big game, and I like to think of these as shortcuts.

The majority of my advice is to just avoid spending time/money on someone that won't turn out to be what you expected. Unlike what many people think, it only takes one date to know whether or not it's worth the effort. I mean sure, you can nail someone in the head with the object of "you" until they finally like you. But it's rare, and time consuming, and monetarily depleting.

Besides, who wants to be with someone that you weren't their "first choice" And nothings worst then either being in a relationship where only one person is really into it, or just being in a relationship for the SAKE of a relationship.

And there is no magic secret that guys do to get women that you guys can't employ....it's all just about being yourself and being confident.

A good woman is rare these days, but you'll know one once you find one.

Confidence is the key.
If you come across as being totally in control of a situation then, providing you're her type, you're likely to get a positive reaction.

I have to disagree a little with the "be yourself" aproach though; allow me to explain.
Often similar people will become attracted to eachother. If you're keen on off road mountain biking you may find it easy to get along with girls who enjoy similar extreme sports. If you like reading, you'll get along with literature-loving girls.
So if your life is spent playing HL2, eating crisps, and sleeping (I'm not suggesting it is) then not only are the chances of you meeting a girl v.low, but the kind of girl you'll get a long with will be the kind who like to spend all day inside playing the computer. Do you want to reduce your chances, and do you really want a girl like that? I personally wouldn't.
So what's the answer? Well, change yourself. Be happy with what you make of yourself. If you've always fancied, I dunno, surfing - give it a go. If you've never been clubbing, give that a go - it's a lot of fun, and a good place to meet gals, get numbers, and work from there.
A good rule, I find, for clubbing, is to become two people: You when you're not clubbing, and you when you're clubbing. What that means is don't be afraid to use stupid chatup lines on girls when you're out (if you say them with a grin they know you're: a) interested b) not using them in a totally serious manner c) confident enough to do that), me and my mates used to stage entire nights around lies purely to get women; in teh space of one year I had two stag nights, one graduation, one acceptance into the Birmingham Midshires accountants, one farewell "I'm off to Austrailia" etc etc. If we got a girl's number, of course we told them it was a load of crap, but again - that's confidence!

But whats the point in all these meaningless encounters? Well. Many things really.
1) It gives you some girls to call or text and ask if they wanna meet up.
2) If that works you've got something to talk about during the date "Hey after you left my mate fell over and spilt this big guys pint - got chased out of the pub" "Ah noway. My mates were pissing themselves when you said it was your stag do, you only look 16." "I am"
3) Wit the above two in mind, you're more likely to find someone you like, and want to engage in a rship with.

Sorry for rambling, but that's what I found works, and works well, and works for almost everyone. Get some mates together and give it a go.

Whatever you decide, good luck finding that lady.

I've been doing quite well over the past few years on things like this so I wrote a book on it and I sell it on infommercials.

Here's a quote from a satisfied customer.

*"Using the techniques given to me here I am able to get atleast 5 phone numbers a day. Not only that but I have also seen a growth in my income to $100,000 a year. Buying this book on how to get girls and be rich will make your life as good as mine.The good thing was it was only 12 easy payments of $69.69! So it's no hard on the wallet!"

If you want more information just message me.

* Results may vary and are rare.

Slik said:
I liked this girl since I was in my Freshmen year of highshool, I know that she likes me also because almost everyday when we have the chance, we always stare at eachother for a second or two...
and now I am a Senior and I did never talk to her. Now I see her every now then, and she still looks back.Time is running out for me..

I must be the shyest person in the world ;(
Edit: now that I am thinking about this, I am starting to hate myself..

LOL... LOSER :LOL:

..no seriously dude, you need to talk to her.

But, im sure this has been said, but girls just like to be treated like, 'one of the guys'. The majority dont like any special treatment, outside of buying meals and opening doors. I mean ill make fun of my girl, then shell hit me, then ill take her down (friendly, yet with comfortable force) and incapacitate her, then shell make some remark, like, ohh i like it rough, or if you wanted it that bad you could have just asked. Its all in good fun, but yea, you gotta be rough sometimes. They like it anyway, unless you have some freak girl, they like to know that they can't beat you up.

xcellerate said:
..no seriously dude, you need to talk to her.

But, im sure this has been said, but girls just like to be treated like, 'one of the guys'. The majority dont like any special treatment, outside of buying meals and opening doors. I mean ill make fun of my girl, then shell hit me, then ill take her down (friendly, yet with comfortable force) and incapacitate her, then shell make some remark, like, ohh i like it rough, or if you wanted it that bad you could have just asked. Its all in good fun, but yea, you gotta be rough sometimes. They like it anyway, unless you have some freak girl, they like to know that they can't beat you up.

Agreed. Women are funny creatures, they make out they want to be treated real nice and special, but if you do that it gets you get nowhere. Captin Cliche here, but be yourself; and noones 'self' is shy. Say what you think (within reason), have a friendly joke about fancying her, take the p*ss a teensy bit, but be COOL! V.important, and easy as hell.

Be yourself buddy, be comfortable, and stick up for what you think. Take a joke, hand some out, be the guy who gets people doing things (text ppl; hey we're all cmn down the pub tnyt). I used to be well shy when I was a young'n, believe me, these methods work --- just remember, be yourself!!!

Good luck with the gal, and remember, there's always another one to become infactuated with... and always at bloody awkward times :angry: :thumbs:

rocklegendfm99 said:
LOL... LOSER :LOL:
thats not nice. :angry:

you cant put a guy down for low confidence, you sir are something beginning with a T and ending in Wat... thats just not on to put someone down like that.

RJMC, keep eye contact and smile, works wonders... and then if she smiles back and holds contact, go chat to her.. she's interested, and if she isn't she'll be flattered you are and you've most likely got yourself a new friend :thumbs:

i have a MAJOR problem....i get the girl that I want....then i get bored with her but im nice so i dont want to dump her and we end up going out or like half a year and i cheat on her.....she finds out......she dumps me ....it repeats.....any advice???

MarcoPollo said:
i have a MAJOR problem....i get the girl that I want....then i get bored with her but im nice so i dont want to dump her and we end up going out or like half a year and i cheat on her.....she finds out......she dumps me ....it repeats.....any advice???

yeah... go out with a man :p

Back