Getting a new Spyder Imagine!!! but...

thehunter1320

Reaction score
i need some help... i hear that stock spyders aren't exactly the cat's bag... what upgrades do you guys recommend?

paintball guys, paintball ;)
EDIT: ill let him say the rest, since i dont have a single marker :p

How much is a Spyder Imagine? I'm not a fan of Spyders at all, they just seem tacky. If I were you I'd go with a second hand 'cocker/Impulse. They're both easily upgradable. You can pick up a 'cocker for £200/300 second hand and upgrade the hell out of it as you play more seriously, till you've made a bling-bling-paint-slinging-machine.

I promise never to say that again.

But if you're set on a Spyder you'll probably have more luck asking people in the Kingman forum at www.pbnation.com :)

ITS PAINTBALL OMG ..lol... i just got a new one.,...the spyder e-99 avant....nice little bugger....the imagine i do not recommend..... aim me

Paintball? that thing where you use air to shoot hard balls of paint at eachother?

Meh, never really tried it, and none of my friends are into it.

I own a Spyder Imagine and I love the thing. It's never given me any problems. The open bolt configuration does collect dirt but not a lot and it's not a big deal if you take good care of your gun. My suggestion on upgrades would be a barrel. The very first upgrade you want for any Spyder is the barrel. Spyder barrels suck, period. I have a 12" Boomstick barrel on mine and it works great. Other than that I'd suggest an electronic hopper for when you want to go full auto :) and if you really have the money to spend get a compressed air tank. I have a Ricochet 2k hopper and it works great, it even deflects balls like it's supposed to. I don't have compressed air yet, nor do I plan on getting it any time in the near future. Other than that I'd suggest that you get it. If not the Imagine than the E-99. A very popular gun but I prefer the Imagine because you don't have to worry about anything hitting you in the face when you shoot :p

Anybody played that hl mod http://www.digitalpaintball.net/? I became obsessed with that for a while. Admittedly I've only played real paintball once before, but the mod seemed to do a really good job of recreating the play. In fact, I think I might just fire it up again. One of the few games where covering fire is actually of any use.

Digital Paintball is fun, but I can't get into it. There's no proper teamwork or anything, and unless everyone has microphones it's pretty boring.

With this sudden outburst of HL costumes I want to get a few friends together, make some scientist/marine costumes, and invade the local paintball site.. that would be fun. Shame none of my friends play Half-Life :(

lol, we should arrange a halflife2.net paintball event. That would be fun

Back