Ghost in the Shell 2

Me likes.

Never watched the 1st one, read about it tho.

Ghost in the Shell was a great movie :)

I've heard the sequal is quite different, with far less action. It's still meant to be a good watch - can't wait \o/

:cheers: Can't wait for it. When they say it's going to be released in Theatres they mean like big time ones right?

I especially like the m249 in the intro :)

woah the trailer rocks! got to see it!

pat_thetic said:
What is Ghost in the Shell?

A manga comic series later turned into a legendary anime movie, and is said to be one of the best, alongside Akira and Princess Mononoke. It toys with the idea of what makes a person human, and what characterises something as being a living creature. Great science-fiction.

KagePrototype said:
A manga comic series later turned into a legendary anime movie, and is said to be one of the best, alongside Akira and Princess Mononoke. It toys with the idea of what makes a person human, and what characterises something as being a living creature. Great science-fiction.

some say it sucks tho. :burp:

Wow....... I was wondering when this would happen.

The original GITS was (to me) an interesting blend of ultra-action, introspective philosophical musings, and art-house surrealness. Quite unique for a movie that wasn't transparent and too hung up on trying to over-emphasize any one of those things, as some movies try to. Excellent animation quality. One of anime's best IMHO. This movie and Patlabor 1 and 2 are among my favourites.

Absolutely worth renting/buying as long as you're not expecting a mindless, violent, action-fest.

i've been wetting my pants since february for this film. i want!

..was there any point in posting then... :|

anyway, anyone lucky enough to have seen it?

I've seen the preview. Looks decent.

I don't like bateau's new hairstyle much. Oh well. And I still think the GitS movie could have ended better. (Don't get me wrong, I liked the tank rip scene)... dunno. Movie seemed to fizzle out. Looks like they've gone all trippy in no.2.

I loved the animation style in the original ghost in the shell... I'm not an anime fan, but I liked this movie.. something it just seemed very un animeish. No girls with huge eyes, none of that crap. I enjoyed it alot. Perhaps it was the graphical style.

Wish the trailer was in english too.

Back