Gigantic gaping void nearly a billion light-years across found in the Universe

You lose points for trying too hard :p.

Anyway, on-topic. Is the void colder than the rest of space then? There's literally nothing there. Maybe that's where the universe started.

The universe started everywhere, there is no single point in space that's the "origin" of the big bang. The big bang wasn't an explosion at a point in space, but an expansion of space itself.

The universe started everywhere, there is no single point in space that's the "origin" of the big bang. The big bang wasn't an explosion at a point in space, but an expansion of space itself.

thats one theory. that's why everything is expanding in all directions.

but ok...it was probably not the big bang that caused it...but some other big explosion might just do it. for a billion light years...hmm. probably not even a supernova could do that.

maybe there was some matter and antimatter residue left and blew everything to pieces...but hmm...when matter is annihilated only energy is produced, so no suction effect...hmm.

It makes me feel fuzzy inside when i think about stuff like "The Void-how can there be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING there?"

I just can't concentrate my mind on such matters. It's like a system overload for my mind. Humans are incapable of thinking beyond the borders of "normal" and "supernatural".

It makes me feel fuzzy inside when i think about stuff like "The Void-how can there be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING there?"

I just can't concentrate my mind on such matters. It's like a system overload for my mind. Humans are incapable of thinking beyond the borders of "normal" and "supernatural".

Its like before your born - there is nothing, and its far more incomprehensible and bizzare than anything human minds can dream up.

"The universe is not queerer than we suppose - its queerer than we CAN suppose" - Richard Dawkins.

Back