glitch on my end or the server?

Reaction score
I was on the second level when I saw this: a Subway of purplish pink. So is this my video card? never seen anythin like it before.

Attachments

• l4d_dem_hospital02_subway0000.jpg
    l4d_dem_hospital02_subway0000.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 285
That's on your end, it's Sources colour for missing textures. Try verifying everything. What're your specs?

That's you. Sometimes a restart of your computer/the game helps. I've had it a few times ever on the Source engine, but those very few times, I've restarted the game, and it worked fine.

thanks for the quick response. my video card is a evga 8800gts. i did just update the drivers when i loaded the demo for the first time the other day (since, accordin to steam, my drivers were outdated). Its just that Ive never run across a glitch like that before in any of my source based games before. i will verify now.

o that's the thing. I already updated the drivers before playing L4D. Ive clocked in 20+ hours on the demo with the updated drivers and this is the first Ive seen the glitch. so maybe a coincidence?

o that's the thing. I already updated the drivers before playing L4D. Ive clocked in 30+ hours on the demo with the updated drivers and this is the first Ive seen the glitch. so maybe a coincidence?

Definitely a coincidence. Sometimes, a very rare sometimes, but sometimes none the less, Source will fail to load several textures resulting in the purplish haze you have there. There were plenty of times in CSS when I tried to play on my old Geforce MX440 64 MB when those texture problems occasionally came up, but that was due to a shit computer and graphics cards.

It's not missing textures, it's a missing cubemap.

Restart the game and do not alt-tab

Back