GMail Expanding Beta Test? Tons of Invites Avalible

gordons_crowbar said:
they'll never take gmail out of beta. much like google news, which has been in beta for 2+ years.
No one should ever take anything out of Beta untill their sure it will perform well. Google obviously dosent think that News or gMail is ready to have a normal release, thusly, they havent yet.

It's smart development. I'd expect no less from Google Corp.

gmail is highly overrated.

/me puts on flamesuit

diluted said:
gmail is highly overrated.

/me puts on flamesuit
i thought that too, until i subscribed to here. I get like 14 emails a day from all of the subcribtions i have here (I auto-subscribe to all threads i post it, i'm obsessive like that) so i have 35 MB of mail, granted i could delete the mail everyday, but with gmail i dont have to.

i just cant wait until google makes a browser and then a word processor and then an operating system, so i can be owned by google, because they are the men

Yeah, now it's super easy to invite people. Just copy and paste their email addy.

Thanks.

Why are they bothering keeping it in BETA stage and issuing so many invites?

I just invite myself and reserve all the popular names :)

SixThree said:
*Looks at his 6 invites*

Hmmm...I wonder how many names with "Steve" in them are left?

SixThree said:
You bastard,..

Oh well. I got my real name @gmail.com,. and I know theres a number of other guys out there with my name. and fluke, sadly, is too short for gmail. Six char min. ;(

f|uke said:
You bastard,..

Oh well. I got my real name @gmail.com,. and I know theres a number of other guys out there with my name. and fluke, sadly, is too short for gmail. Six char min. ;(
Well...why not emulate bliink? What's so bad about f|uuke?

(And yes, bliink, I know your handle is like that on purpose, but whatever.)

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Well...why not emulate bliink? What's so bad about f|uuke?

(And yes, bliink, I know your handle is like that on purpose, but whatever.)

extra letters rock! :thumbs:

EDIT: wooo 3000 posts!

Back