Gman scene slowdown

Sliver Slave

Reaction score
So I recently upgraded my videocard, one that finally supports pixel shaders, and I can run ep2. it runs very smoothly, I only experienced a dew very minor hiccups during the portal storm, but that was it. Smooth as warm butter. But when the vorts turn purple, it screeches to a halt, with 1 frame every second or so. Eventually I gave up and watched tv for about half an hour so I didn't have to sit through the gman's slideshow. I don't want to deal with this everytime I play ep2. Is there someway to avoid this?

Save and load, it should work.

i had this happen to me aswell when i first got the game...at the g-man scene and the end scene[wont tell you what happens incase you dont know] it would go to a slideshow. it wouldnt even let me press the esc key to open the menu to quit. i think i changed my graphic settings ingame and that fixed it.

Then I don't get it. Why does it take up so many resources? In the advisor scene, not that much is even going on. Anyway, I'll take the advice and add that to the launch options.

I have 512 MB of RAM. Will doing that have any bad side effects?
I had 225 mb of ram and it was doing the same thing as you described, i upgraded to 2 gigabytes and it ran perfectly! my advice: get more ram:thumbs:

I had 225 mb of ram and it was doing the same thing as you described, i upgraded to 2 gigabytes and it ran perfectly! my advice: get more ram:thumbs:

512 ram is minimum for EP2, -heapsize 256000 should fix it.

I think it's just cause the G-man scene is really effects-heavy. Your transported to several different parts of the map several times, and that usually makes for some lagging.

Well, it begins just after
first Vort consumes extract and gets that purple glow
so it may be related to this shiny effect.

I thought the same thing (there's a new shader used in the scene), but same thing happens during the ending.

Yeah, IT IS your ram. I had exactly the same problem when I had 512. Then i bought 1 Gb and it worked fine.

The same thing happened on my old computer, the -heapsize command fixes it and the very last scene.

Back