Go Go Icarus Milk

" for no good reason"

I see you don't really agrea with this. It is all very akward and strange, yes I thought he went overboard and get a little too big of an ego (teamspeak, when I am playing, blog). But he .......

damnit, can't even really defend him. Sorry I bet he is a nice guy, I just saw the whole process from being "legal counsel" to 'ant lion guard". At least his title isn't "not a mod, anymore"

*stumbles in*

What's going on? Why'd he get fired?

*stumbles out to see if other threads hold more info*

edit: nevermind me, after reading up I know what's going on now, so yeah nevermind the post :p

Thanks farrow, :)

As for if I'm leaving or not...yeah, I am. I've put too much into this site, too much time and effort, it's a bittersweet goodbye. This has been the only online community I have ever been a part of, and well, frankly, I don't think any others could come close to the...feeling...this one has given me. It's truly been a pleasure getting to know all of you, and to those that I've gotton to be friends with outside the site. Well stay friends, if you'll have me :).

As for what I'm doing now? I've got a mailbox full of people asking for me to advise them on their site/mods/companies. So maybe I'll do that on the side, but no more staff for me.

I'll concentrate on fulling more other job, art/model representation, and go from there...plus I have this buisness card from gamespot burning a hole in my pocket, maybe I'll go work for them.

I'm not leaving just yet, but I'm not sure if I'm going to leave like fragmaster or not. A tell all of my expirences.

Who knows, if munro wants me back, I'll take it.

But one thing I know I'm never gonna give as much of myself to anyone as I did to this site. And you know what? Based off the responses I've gotten in public and private from my ex-coworkers, I almost regret all the things I got for them.

And to everyone that expressed their feelings in these threads, I'm really thankful. I honestly expected it to be a party celebrating my departure. But just know, you are the people that will make the gaming industry great.

To everyone else, I'll see you around ;)

Lucky bastard gonna work at gamespot...lol.Well good luck on the road ahead of ya dude.

Icarus said:
As for if I'm leaving or not...yeah, I am. I've put too much into this site, too much time and effort, it's a bittersweet goodbye. This has been the only online community I have ever been a part of, and well, frankly, I don't think any others could come close to the...feeling...this one has given me. It's truly been a pleasure getting to know all of you, and to those that I've gotton to be friends with outside the site. Well stay friends, if you'll have me :).

Wow, you seriously are leaving. ;(

goodbye and good luck..not like you need it ;)

oh boo!! :frown: :p
now Icarus Milk will never see the light of day :(

okay on a more serious note, Icarus u have been a strict but fair and fun staff'er to be around :)
HL2.net is gonna miss u on that front...and well..hopefully u won't be a complete stranger here either.. right? ;)

This is really saddening...someone with such power as Icarus, then reduced to nothing more than a smudge on the bottom of the boss's boot.

My condolences Icarus.

He was the only mod here i liked (whether he perma-banned me or not).

I've also permbanned one of your clones.. :E

And well, Munro had his reasons. Ok?

Icarus said:
Thanks farrow, :)

As for what I'm doing now? I've got a mailbox full of people asking for me to advise them on their site/mods/companies. So maybe I'll do that on the side, but no more staff for me.

I'll concentrate on fulling more other job, art/model representation, and go from there...plus I have this buisness card from gamespot burning a hole in my pocket, maybe I'll go work for them.

I'm not leaving just yet, but I'm not sure if I'm going to leave like fragmaster or not. A tell all of my expirences.

Who knows, if munro wants me back, I'll take it.

But one thing I know I'm never gonna give as much of myself to anyone as I did to this site. And you know what? Based off the responses I've gotten in public and private from my ex-coworkers, I almost regret all the things I got for them.

And to everyone that expressed their feelings in these threads, I'm really thankful. I honestly expected it to be a party celebrating my departure. But just know, you are the people that will make the gaming industry great.

I guess the tables have turned now, haven't they.. ;(

I can't tell you enough how much I love and appreciate you. Few people can compare to your kindness.
You've always been there for me, you've always been eager on helping me out and sharing things..
It's too bad you have to leave, but I understand that you have to do this..

From the "others" point of view, you seem to have tried to tried to stir things up here, and alot of people look at you as a very egocentric person.. I frankly don't give a rat's ass, there's no way on earth I could look down at anything you've done, not when you've always unconditionally forgiven me for my f*ck-ups.

I won't wish you good luck in whatever you attempt, because I know you will accomplish it regardless of the obstacles. All I can say is, have fun and enjoy the ride.

You'll still be on MSN though, right? ...Right? ;(

ComradeBadger said:
I've also permbanned one of your clones.. :E

And well, Munro had his reasons. Ok?
Ugh don't bring it back up. :|

sorry to see you leave icarus, especially on the eve of such a great gaming moment.... (well, not the eve anymore but hey. in fact im writing this while HL2's game content is unlocked :D ). anyway, i never really got to know you very well but i allways looked up to you. as a member of staff, that is. i never really cared or noticed all the bad things people say... i know that its a lot of pressure being a mod, and it takes a lot of time (probally more than i can comprehend) but im very sorry to see you go. ill miss you ;)

ok..... i cant belive Icarus left...*sniff*

can some one give me a link to the icarus leave ,munro and no one wants to talk about it thread?

Back