Go here to find out if your Graphics Card will handle Half-Life 2!

They have access to high-quality footage and we don't! Argh. :flame:

Wait .. thats in MAXIMUM PC .. I subscribe to that!

/me can't wait to get his next issue

Hey it says August 2003, how the hell did u find this? :D

looks like my radeon 8500 should run half-life 2 pretty well.

someone should put a 56k warning on this thread. Those pic take a while to load. I'm still a 56k warrior.....

Funny thing, when I was getting Radeon 9500 I didn't know it was DirectX 9. Shows what I know about hardware :) Now I am happy.

Ya its a nice article, but most people knew that it was going to be like this,

16meg cards = low detail

32meg cards = low-medium detail

64meg cards = high-medium detail

128meg or higher = Ultra high detail

That basically sums it up in a nut shell.

thanks a LOOOOOOOT dude ill read through this and i think itll make the wait a little less boring for the new media ;(

Those screan shots are from an old version of the game too. I can tell because the screen shot with the water spikie thing that i cant for the life of me remember the name off. Its the same shot thats in the IGN teaser vid. If you look in the small 4th gamespy one the graphix have been inproved. + that new screan shot looks unfinished to me, just a thought.

still looks gud mind

Originally posted by figge
Hey it says August 2003, how the hell did u find this? :D

Magazines are always published with a date on them which is a month ahead of there actual sale month

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
Those screan shots are from an old version of the game too. I can tell because the screen shot with the water spikie thing that i cant for the life of me remember the name off. Its the same shot thats in the IGN teaser vid. If you look in the small 4th gamespy one the graphix have been inproved. + that new screan shot looks unfinished to me, just a thought.

still looks gud mind

Yeah, I think there might be some LOD bugs in that one.

Accoring to what they're guessing, my card will be able to run most things in HL 2! Whether or not I'll get good performance is another story

kinda dissapointed with the article, not much content, takes less than 15 minutes to read all and its all stuff we could have guessed.

I would have felt ripped off if i would have payed for this article

Those guys are pretty picky when it comes to games. They gave Unreal II a 6/10 and GTA: Vice City 7/10.

If they like a game it really means something.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Those guys are pretty picky when it comes to games. They gave Unreal II a 6/10 and GTA: Vice City 7/10.

If they like a game it really means something.
Bleh. Unreal 2 deserved a 6/10. Good graphics and nothing else. GTA wasn't bad, but it was a straight port, so I imagine that's why they didn't give it a higher rating? *shrug* Anyway, it's an interesting find. Good call.

-Vert

I definately got to upgrade: I have a GeForce 2. :/ I'm planning on gettin an FX 5900 when Thanksgiving rolls around. I just hope my CPU is good enough. AMD Athlon 2000+. As long as I get to use the manipulator, I'll be happy. :)

Sucks - it seems like it's more of an issue as to whether my connection can handle the pictures. Damn high quality scans. Damn 56k modem.
But it doesnae matter. I KNOW I need to upgrade to do Valve's baby justice. Time to start saving...:monkee:

Originally posted by Anthraxxx
someone should put a 56k warning on this thread. Those pic take a while to load. I'm still a 56k warrior.....
HAH!! You call yourself a WARRIOR?!?!?!? Im on a 28.8k connection, and im really not very proud of it. ;(

Those are some ugly screen grabs. Jaggylicious. Couldn't the magazine have done better? Doesn't exactly make you want to buy the game if you haven't seen any of the movies yet.

Reading the article does. I got that issue last week. It's great.

After reading that article it makes me feel better about maybe upgrading to a Radeon 9500 pro, sounds like anything dx9 based will run very well for hl2 after reading that article

Just remember - you need the rest of the hardware to back it up, you cant just put the HL2 cd(s)/dvd on the card [literally] and expect it to run like a man with the shits

Thanks Kschreck, Now maybe we'll stop seeing all the "Can my 333 MgHz run HL2?" Threads.

I'm also glad to find out that my GeForce 4 will do pretty well with it.

Thanks again

Originally posted by Sushi
After reading that article it makes me feel better about maybe upgrading to a Radeon 9500 pro, sounds like anything dx9 based will run very well for hl2 after reading that article

err, stay away from the 5200; a 8500/4200-level is much faster, even if nV intended it for budget DX9, they have already ripped off a lot of ppl; I mean why not pay a little extra for a 9700 xt/np and get multiple times the performance?

Yep, the 5200 only emulates DX9. The framerate would be unbearable.

so I am going to be seeing considerable differences with my Ti 4600 thats only dx8 next to a radeon 9500 dx9? I hope not.

Originally posted by Reaper978
so I am going to be seeing considerable differences with my Ti 4600 thats only dx8 next to a radeon 9500 dx9? I hope not.
you will probably see a dramatic diff between those two cards, especially in a game that actually utilizes a DX9 card; in DX8 and lower games, there was only noticeable improvements using aa/af, but if you try something like 3dm03, you'll see that the 9500 is superior

Hmmm, i spose this article shows some light for me.
i got a duron 1000, geforce 2 mx 64 meg, and 750 megs of SDRAM. HMm, saving up to buy the game is gonna be hard enough already:p

wow I am pissed now I spent 150 bucks on a card just to find out that it wont show all the cool stuff in hl2. **** you computer world.

Back