Go here to find out if your Graphics Card will handle Half-Life 2!

i missed them too :(

if someone has the images i can host them for you guys, but you will need to send them to me.. so post on this thread or PM me about it if you have them :)

i really want to see this pic, puhlease somebody be kind and give a copy to Cedric! It's probably in your temporary internet files, just go copy it and send it to him.

i have them if anyone wants. just IM me. i will send them to cedric but he isent on AIM right now.

update: he got on, sending them to him now.

I know that I'm good to go!

- AMD XP 2600+ (OCed 12.0x225= 2700mhz at 450mhz FSB)
- SLK-800 Thermalright copper heatsink w/ Vantec Tornado
- Epox EP-8RDA+ Nforce II motherboard (w/ Zalman Northbridge cooler)
- Cosair 2x512mb Dual Channel PC-3500 Plat.
- ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (OC'ed 385-core 690-memory. SE Zalman heatpipe cooler, w/ active cooling)
- 450 watt Enermax Whisper power supply
- 80 GIG Western Digital 7200rpm 8mb cache HD
- 120 GIG Western Digital 7200rpm 8mb cache HD
- HP 300I DVD+R Burner
- TDK 48x24x48 CDRW Burner
- AC97 5.1 onboard sound

3D Benchmark 2003 score: 6,109
3D Benchmark 2001 SE score: 18,457

Yes, this system is completely stable on all games so far!

I had GF 4 TI 4200 128 mb
Im dont worry about graphic card

So does that mean I'll get better performance on HL2 with a system that has a GeForceFX 5200 than on a system with a GeForce4 Ti4200???

Sorry if this sounds dumb, I'm tired and can't think straight, lol!

Actaully i believe, haven't tested though. The Geforce 4 TI series is faster than the Geforce FX 5200. Not to sure though, just what i have heard.

Originally posted by DirtySanchez
Actaully i believe, haven't tested though. The Geforce 4 TI series is faster than the Geforce FX 5200. Not to sure though, just what i have heard.

Yes, very much so.

GF 4 Ti is faster than lower-end GF FX, but they lack DX9.0 support.

I heard that Geforce FX 5200 just emulates some of the DX9 features(?).

Thanks for the help, I'm thinking about getting a GeForce FX5600 now.

I know the Radeon 9500/9500 pro is better, but everywhere I look it's either too expensive or has been discontiuned. Damn' UK stores! So I figured the FX5600 ro be the best option.

However, I don't think I'll be able to afford a comp by the time HL2 is out. So it's either I find a last minute job for summer, sell as much stuff asap or (the most likely option) wait longer.

I'm still gonna buy HL2 at launch, as I want the limted edition set, but I won't be able to play it.... ;(

Back