Good Mouse?

Fender357

Reaction score
Anyone know of a really good brand of mouse?

I've got a wireless optical, 3 button (1 scrollwheel) mouse from Microsoft.

Its good.....but I want to know if there are better mice out there. I've herd of some that are made for gamming...like they have a higher sensitivity or something like that.

It'd also be great if I could find a mouse with a longer battery life.

if you want a wireless one go for the logitech mx700, it's optical, wireless, great for gaming.

if you want a wired mouse go for the logitech mx510.

MX700 - Logitech has always been better than Microsoft for mic + keyboards.

What do you guys think of the Logitech MX900?

Do you think the fact that the base acts as a Blue Tooth hub make it worth the extra like 20 bucks?

I think it sounds pretty good. And much more reliable and precise.

Logitech is a good brand, although can be quite pricey.

I personally like my Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, feels best in my hand and never jerks. I suppose that's what it comes down to, which ever mouse feels best.

Fender357 said:
What do you guys think of the Logitech MX900?

Do you think the fact that the base acts as a Blue Tooth hub make it worth the extra like 20 bucks?

I think it sounds pretty good. And much more reliable and precise.

I've got the logitech MX900 along with the dinovo keyboard (got it for chirstmas) and i've gotta say, I love it. I'd have more use of the bluetooth hub tough if my cellphone would have bluetooth.

mx500/510 ... 510 is made specifically for gaming so it should be nice :D

I've got a ViewSonic keybord (not wireless) I really can't complain about it. Its really good.

The mx510 looks ok. But I really want wireless. There is just a big difference in feeling and freedom there.
And the way my desk is.... (cluttered) there is little room for a cord to get freely from the back of the desk to the mouse.

And if there was room, it still gets draged down because the PC is to the very left of the desk, and the mouse is at the very right.

So I must have wireless. I'm just use to it now.

MX700 has absolutely 0 lag, so I can't see how the MX900 can really be much better.
However, if you can afford it, go for it. Either mouse is a great buy :)

If you want wireless you should grab a logitech MX series mouse. I know people who didn't care for wireless because of their first laggy experience with a MS' wireless mouse. They used my MX700 and they loved it.
The mouse charger saves you from replacing batteries after batteries.
Not to mention all of their MX series are very quick, even the wireless versions.

I would suggest the Logitech MX Duo Keyboard/Mouse (MX700) combo (even though you already have a good keyboard) because it is only a little more and you get everything wireless (I actually remove my keyboard from my desk more often now that it's wireless) and a better keyboard. Check online prices for savings.

MX 510 is the best you can get, and it looks cool. If you want a wireless get the MX700.

if you are into a smaller mouse than the logitech mx510, go for the mx300 or mx310, they are best for quick gaming.

A wireless mouse is not only completely unnecessary, but it has a small amount of lag in its movement (very noticeable in FPS games). I don't see why you'd want one of those battery-sucking mofos.

I have the Logitech MX500

volume said:
A wireless mouse is not only completely unnecessary, but it has a small amount of lag in its movement (very noticeable in FPS games). I don't see why you'd want one of those battery-sucking mofos.

I have the Logitech MX500

mx700 has no noticeable lag, it's especially great for FPS games, and it has rechargeable batteries that last quite awhile and you just pop it into the charger at night when you goto bed.

According to tom's hardware the mx700 has no lag and that is a very reliable site.

Nevermind...is the mx700 good for gaming thought? I read a few reviews and it looks like it isn't because it is heavy.

yeah i got an intellimouse 3.0 expolorer too, it felt kinda big at first then i got used to it. it's got 5 buttons!! omg h4x!!1 :) i use the thumb buttons for teamspeak (very handy... geddit? handy) i apolagize :)

Foxtrot said:
Nevermind...is the mx700 good for gaming thought? I read a few reviews and it looks like it isn't because it is heavy.

It sucks for about a week, then you get used to the weight and it feels fine..

All wired mice feel incredibly light to me now, and unnatural

Foxtrot said:

the weight of two batteries, maybe you should hit the gym before attempting to hold the mouse....actually you dont even hold a mouse, you sit it on a surface and rest your hand on it, heh

Regular mice feel like a fragile toy since I've been using my MX700.

Get the MX Duo. You will not be disappointed. I got it for my brother's birthday, and he loves it. I have the same keyboard (Logitech Elite), only it's corded, as I got my mouse/KB seperately

Is the mx510 noticebly more accurate than the mx700? 800 dpi and 5.8 megapixels a second(or some weird stuff like that)? I went into Besy Buy and tried out both but their computers were so bad I don't think I got a good test.

Foxtrot said:
Is the mx510 noticebly more accurate than the mx700? 800 dpi and 5.8 megapixels a second(or some weird stuff like that)? I went into Besy Buy and tried out both but their computers were so bad I don't think I got a good test.

Honestly, they're probably the same. They're based on the same optical technology, only one's wired and one's not.

Really, I can't notice any bit of lag with my MX700, even with going from a wired to an optical, the MX700 feels a little more smooth, perhaps

Asus said:
Regular mice feel like a fragile toy since I've been using my MX700.

Yeah, it's the same for me when I use a normal mouse. I have the MX900, I know that i've said that earlier just recapping :p

And I can't notice any lag at all, and I remember reading an article to why it's so good, but I don't remember where.

My Explorer 3.0 is awesome, really light weight though so it took a while to get used to, coming from a chunky Logitech wireless. Still, awesome for gaming and whatever.

Bad^Hat said:
My Explorer 3.0 is awesome, really light weight though so it took a while to get used to, coming from a chunky Logitech wireless. Still, awesome for gaming and whatever.
I just bought the wired version of the Intellimouse 4.0 and I can say that I am throughly satisfied. The mousewheel is sooooooo smoooooooth!!!! Some people may like the 'notched/click' feel when they use the mouse wheel, however, the intellimouse 4.0 has a smooth countinuous feel when you use the wheel. I had my doubts about the smooth wheel scrolling, but now that I have tried it out, I couldn't do without it. It makes switching through weapons a easy has running a hot knife through butter. :) Don't think you'll overscroll through weapons because it will easily become second nature. PC Gamer had a review of it a while back and they gave it a great score. As for the wireless one, i'm not sure. It should still feel awesome in your hand, and I think that teh PCG article said that there was no lag with the wireless version...

The tilt wheel is an innovative feature that I dont think will get much use unless Microsoft can introduce program specific button mapping for the Intellimouse 4.0 When I was still using the 3.0, I had the thumb buttons set for standing and crouching in Ravenshield, whereas they were set to bullettime and 'select best weapon' in MP2. Unfortunately, you cant specifically map buttons for certain programs yet, but hopefully MS will support this feature with the 4.0

Back